Rufus Combo Thread - You can't learn kung fu in a day!

I guess CADC means “charge attack dash cancel”?

Thanks, I couldn’t land the st.hp when I was checking things out the other day but I’ve just tried and like you say just walk a bit more. That meterless dk combo is sweet thanks, not as difficult as you’d expect either.

Yes. At least, I’m pretty sure it does cuz I haven’t checked but it must do, that’s the only thing that makes sense :slight_smile:

To build on this combo and possibly some set ups, im trying to see if theres a way to land meaty tornados when they quickstand care to help test?

I’ll mess around with it a little more but I haven’t found much. You can cancel HP into a LK Messiah and you’ll land safely beside your opponent. It might not sound useful but you’ll recover in time to block and if you’re not predicting a reversal you can go for a MK or HK followup. Or if they don’t wakeup continue charging the GT until you get the spark and dash cancel for the supercharge CH thing. Most of the time though take the safer option and dash cancel forward for some divekick mixups. Post if you find any good setups.

I don’t think going for a meaty tornado would be a good idea because it’s has such slow recovery so I don’t think you can use it for any wakeup OS’s or baits, etc. But If you’re predicting you’re opponent to wakeup with something armored though, or something with a small amount of invincibility then why not. I can’t give any examples but I used to spam GT against Makoto waking up with meter in SF4 most of the time because it stuffs her EX CG and EX Oroshi. But I’m sure there’s better options for these things than going for a meaty GT.

So has anyone looked into character specific combos yet? Rufus didn’t have many in SF4; from what I can remember there was the GT > U1 and some sketchy Snake Strike combos on the big characters.

I’ve been in training seeing what I can do with Hugo’s massive hurtbox. I discovered that Snake Strikes doesn’t whiff on him crouching. This is really useful because a blocked light SS is +4. It’s also +7 on hit, so you can follow up with something like a c.mk or a s.lk to start your BnBs. It’s not only great for starting combos, but it also beats Hugo’s Lariat’s. This’ll do about 6 hits and Hugo can only absorb 1, lol. So don’t be scared to overuse it a little while pressuring him as it’ll start your combos and beat his reversal options. Hugo can knock him out of it through a LP or his AA CG, but he should only be able to react to counter in time with these if you’re being predictable with it.

rufus is done, -4 on blocked divekicks means they are legit punishable on block. change the hitbox sure, but being neutered so early in the game is beyond dumb

edit: my bad, probably wrong thread to post in

Rufus’s Revenge for the nerfs. Enjoy:

[media=youtube]FqOBJhR515U[/media]

Any tutorials on how to do this ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quick questions… is J.HK still best Air to Air or is there better normals?<br><br><br>