R.i.p st

ST is my fav game in ggpo.

love it forever

It’s the better Street Fighter of all time:

WHY STOP PLAYING IT THEN?

Sorry, just have to spit the truth.

Wanna know why ST kills Remix?

ST actually has good music and not that ear bleeding OC Remix crap put in the game.

ST is far from dead in fact Remix may have made us appreciate it even more.

good one. agree

You can play the ST music in HDR can’t you?

hey what happened to other threads? There’s only page 1 page :rolleyes:

My opinion is that ST will never die, it is the last of street fighter 2 series (except hyper) and before sf 3 came out, all street fighter players used to gather there. When sf 3 arrived many players changed, but a few stood with the “old school” of super turbo and many are still there. Now sf 3 age finished and many players moved and are still moving to sf 4 but quite all ST players still stand. At least this is the situation in Japan and i think also in the rest of the world is not so different. :slight_smile:

Word…

There is a bunch of info about all characters. But in the ST forum people usually only post when they have a doubt or when they can help, that is, there are few trolls and flooders around here. Bacause of that, some threads get few or no recent replies and end up getting hidden because of the default display options value for the “From The” field. Just check “Display Options,” at the bottom of the index page (actually Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - General Strategy), and change the “From The” field to “Last Year” or “Beginning.”

I completely agree.
ST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TS

Ci incontriamo anche qui Verza, sono Testament il nuovo arrivata ad AEX che usa lo stesso tuo ( e di yuuvega) Dictator.

Piacere! :slight_smile:

See u on arcade!

I really like this post :tup:

ST pwns HDR, i lined up ST in my tournament :lovin: can’t let it die to that POS HDR is :lovin:

St dead? Never! I’ve been playing this game competitively for a little under a year now and this game rocks.

GGPO 4 life. But ill admit, i prefer AE over ST tho. HF sagat on AE is just too good.

Honest question: why do you guys prefer ST over HDR?

Balance changes (and ensuing “favoritism”/bias/some characters getting shafted while others not)? Easier controller inputs? Quality of the opponent?

Are there things about HDR that you do like? Or is ST just “perfect” so any change is unacceptable? I mean, is it on philosophical grounds that you don’t like HDR, or do you consider it a failed experiment that could have succeeded if other stuff happened differently?

I see a lot of people don’t like HDR and don’t really give a reason or give a bad one or whatever. I just want to know.

Thanks.

[media=youtube]hYsrbKO2r6g[/media]

I don’t actually hate HDR, it’s just there’s no reason for me to practice ST if it’s not going to be at EVO. But I still love it because it’s one of those “simple” games that can take a lifetime to master. It really is like the Chess of Street Fighter. The mindgames, the spacing.
Sure, HDR has this stuff, but it’s frustrating having to displace many of the things I learned about ST and relearn it with HDR stuff.

u said, ST is just perfect

most people that likes HDR didn’t were into ST, i hate HDR because i put a lot of effort in to execution, training, time, all went to the trash can, now anyone can come and do everything with little/no effort :nono:

ST is perfect. You never know what is going to happen, to quote Djfrijoles, “the better player doesn’t always win;” this is an excellent example of why ST is perfect. There are endless possibilities and when a player with a low tier character beats a good high tier character player, using deliberate, constant, and brilliant pressure with a couple fancies (gotta hav’em) that’s outstanding entertainment! You know how difficult it is to win in ST (1 mistake by 1 pixel in 1/60th of a second can lose you the round) so it’s entertaining to watch players do what they do best, WIN AGAINST THE ODDS:bgrin:

HDR did try to solve a “problem,” the balance issue. Although, I don’t see the need to change the issue since it (the balance) creates an environment for greater achievement. That’s my 2 cents on the deal with HDR.