R.i.p st

sarcasm detector going off!!

Wow, I finally got this. Only took me a year to figure it out.

That’s not very nice btw.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BTW, I love your avatar Tecmo. Turtle Guile FTW!! :lovin:

I have to say this:

My ps3 passed away 2 weeks ago, it feels terrible :(, i started to play Street Fighter games when HD Remix came out and i used to play it almost everyday in psn, although netcode for ps3 version is crap.

As i said before, ST is the shit, i like the ggpo netcode, despite sometimes is just annoying trying to connect to another person.

It’s because of HD Remix and Sirlin, Street Fighter II(the franchise itself, not only ST), is alive again!, I love HD Remix and i love ST!.

When i jumped to GGPO by very first time i had bad habits, because HD Remix but IS NOT THAAAAAAAT COMPLICATED to get used to ST as some peeps tries to make it look.

Once you have the basics in HD Remix, is easier for you to get used to ST, i’m playing now just ST because i don’t have X360 o PS3 console with me now, i’m happy because i’m still able to play street fighter!, but i’m sad because i can’t play HD Remix anymore.

Sirlin ruined ST?, No i don’t think so, he brought new and fresh air to this fantastic game, what if HD Remix is “noob friendly”? or let’s talk about SFIV-SSFIV as Alex Valle said here:

10. Now with Street Fighter IV and SSFIV, the street fighter scene is alive again, what do you think about that?
Street Fighter 4 has rebooted the fighting game genre lifeline. The game dramatically increased the number of players never before seen in my prime and I?m thankful for being a part of it still today. With communities like yours supporting the game, this only brings positive feedback for the developers to make more games in the future.

you can read full interview here: http://fighter101.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110&Itemid=50

SFIV-SSFV are game with HUGE input windows and everything is a lot easier there. even so, sfiv bring back sf games alive too, what’s the real problem?, i can’t see none.

The idea is, the more people, the better, not that stupid and close thoughts “street fighter is just for real hardcore mofos”, every hardcore st gamer was a scrub back in the day.

In a few words, live and let die.

I respectfully disagree.

sf2 never died, people still played those games 15 yrs later and capcom saw a way to make some easy money by selling another version.

hdr split the community, 9 people entered a hdr tourney in nyc a few weeks ago while we used to get 20-30 every month in the same area for st only a few years ago.

st is alive and well, theres a big varied community on ggpo with lots of new and experienced players. Theres sbo quals coming up in the us and theres people asking for it at every hdr tourney you’ll go to:tup:

I just want to say ST isn’t dead. I am a new player (played back in the day, but not seriously) picking it up on GGPO. I see other new players on there every day I play.

GO ST!!!

ST for life, homies. :cool:

Been missing 211s and ST races to a million points. :karate:

The funny thing is, often, the guy winning has less points. With the exception of unequal enemies, the last five times I played, the one with the higher score was actually losing. One such situation was a 6-game loss streak (bad execution day, which is quite common) when I was leading since game 1.

haha yeah, just pull off those big combos and reversals.

Hey its 2010 and ST is still the hottest shit around.

This is coming from Mr Igloo, a person with the coolest SRK username located in Nevada which is pretty damn hot if you’ve ever been there for Evo. This guy knows what he’s talking about!

ST will always be the better game. Both games are cool but ST takes much more skill to be good at it.

Why exactly does the gap in skill make the gameplay better?

:xeye:

Hum…

Are you on drugs?

I so miss playing GGPO ST on a good connection. New people here.

Well let us see here lol. The more complex the skill level of a video game, the more your brain needs to work. So if anything, you give your brain a good excercise with a game that requires quick thinking, and on top of it, complex moves to be performed on the controls.

THAT alone should be an answer for you.

Hmm… Interesting, I always preferred ST over HDR because I didn’t like some of the character balance changes. I was just wondering why having a more strict execution barrier makes a gameplay better. I was pretty damn tired when I wrote that post anyway lol

The execution barrier between HDR and ST isn’t that different… btw why is this thread still around… ST isn’t dead as far as I know…