Project Justice- Anyone still play?

Yeah as far as PJ goes, momo was tops, Gan was shit cuz everybody could combo him like his name was sentinel. I thought roberto was better but w/e. Nobodys banned tho, at least Ive seen a few tourneys and nobodys ever been banned, US or Japan as far as Im aware.

No need to ban anyone when you can just tierwhore.

The character designs and overall theme of the game are/were great, but sadly the game engine hasn’t aged well. It would need a complete overhaul if a sequel was made, which is probably why Capcom has held out on the series for so long. Most of the game mechanics were relatively unique compared to their other series, so they probably can’t find a reason to bother updating them. These days, the game just comes off as a bit stiff and overly simple.

Also, Roberto was fucked up. 50% combos off one meter, if I remember correctly.

^oh shit, an SPD AV? Badass.

Roberto/Zaki/Edge for me.

Roberto could do 30-40%. combos with no meter.
Hated Momo, she did way too much damage for how small she was.
With Zaki you can link her QCFx2+P super from her st.HK. (LP,LP,HP,HK, Super) works, but you can substitue the super for df.HK and go into an air combo for nearly the same about of damage for no meter.

I remember Chairperson had a pretty ok infinite too, so I wonder how apart the tiers really are.

really ? that works ? zaki has link combos to crouch characters . similarly like her gan combos .

kurow is top-tier , i think the reason is he got a cross-up unblockable .

by “Link” I meant "Cancel"
I could be wrong about that combo, since I use her QCBx2+K super to combo instead, maybe it’s because her other super doesnt combo, been too long and I dont have a power cord for my DC to check.

Rob’s high up on the tier list, I recall. If he’s designated upper tier there, certainly he’s scraping the top tier, if not already there.

Kurow j.:hk: ftw

The reason why another one hasn’t been made is because the team that did the RS series ins’t all with Capcom anymore/active. IIRC one of the key players in the RS dev team died a while back too.

Yes. I still play Rival Schools, its still one of my favorites.

Sakura/Natsu or Sakura/Shoma all day in the first one though.

The second one was blast as well.

I love Rival Schools, played it for a few years in and out. Unfortunately I never had a Dreamcast so I didn’t play Project Justice. Fail is me. They need to re-release it or even better, make a sequel. Sounds unlikely though :frowning: I even asked about it at Capcom-Unity some months ago.

Dev team? I know Hyo’s voice actor died during the production of PJ, but this is the first time I’ve heard of a dev team member dying.

I like to dick around in training mode in this game once in a while.

I dug up some Japanese match vids on YouTube a while back, and everybody seemed afraid to do anything other than hold down-back. Seems like Tardy Counters are just too threatening and make everything unsafe, but I have no frame data to back up my intuitions on that one.

Can anyone explain the differences between Batsu and Burning Batsu? All I can find is that Burning has a little more range on his fireball and a different animation on his uppercut.

I’ve only played Project Justice at an Anime Convention once. I definitely want to get this soon though.

Here’s what I know
-Team up attack does less damage than Bastu.
-QCB+K(wheel kick) is safer than Bastu’s
-DP has Super armor on start up.
-slightly more damage on QCB+K in air (Shooting star kick)
-Unblockable Super throw.

he’s a slightly better Batsu over all, their combos are exactly the same, but B.Batsu has more options/things.

Does anyone remember the character “John”?

http://www.amusements-shop.com/2009/08/20/justice/

umm i heard he is more god-like than momo , i’ve never seen any combos from the additional cast for the US version

looks like Justice Network is vanished O__o . you guys been to that website ? it was the best RS website for artwork , canon and info and plenty of stuff . But is just that the Admin is very fanatical idealist

Also slightly more range/damage with the fireballs iirc. Also, he can do an additional hit (j.:r:+:hp: or j.:r:+:hk:) after a mini-air combo (from the :df::hk: mini-launcher)

My team used to be Hayato, Hinata, and Roberto.

This game is fun, but it takes a while to fully grip everything you can do. The game is almost as technical as marvel vs capcom 2. I played a lot of Rival Schools but didn’t play this game too much. When my friend and I did play it, we found it to be very glitchy and unfair in a lot of situations, but it could have just been because we were noobs at it. I do know that Hinata’s spinning rainbow kick into kick super took a lot of damage and was super fast to come out so I spammed it all the time.

Fun game, def. should make a remake of it.

What’s to stop someone from holding back and alpha countering all day? Is there anything that can beat this strategy? Besides throwing? And what I didn’t like about it was that it was a “team” game but you could stick with the character you lost with. It’s kinda weak. Cause I was just pick Roberto and 2 healing partners.