Project Justice- Anyone still play?

Yeah, that’s the one. She always reminded me of Die somehow, I just assumed she was part of that subculture as one of those girls that hang out in Harajuku or whatever it’s called, since PJ is big on youth stereotypes.

The series should go really well with 3D like SFIV, it’s already 3D. It would be awesome.

I tried to find some old vids for you but no luck.

Basically she has a solid anti poke game that involves using her st.lp and st.HK, holding downback and then going into chain. If the opponent attempts to poke out you will block and instant tardy counter into chain which usually they can still block but it keeps your rushdown going. Because chain is so fast it’s hard to actually poke the chain startup which means waiting for it doesnt work too well, and her hk spaces which means they have to use a slower poke rather than a faster one. She has some cool bnbs off chain stagger also, I wish I could find the vids but you’ll have to search nicovideo for them. This doesnt work versus Yurika because she can tardy counter hk into rush super. (stuff like this is why she is considered so good, its hard to attack her with meter safely.)

interesting! what can Hinata do? I tried using her but she seems a bit useless.

Hinata is one of the basic characters who doesn’t have a lot and mostly wins off target chain into super. Her air ‘fireballs’ have frame advantage which is about the only mixup she has. Her game looks like it was intend to revolve around shifting around the opponent with specials to punish poke attempts, but because all the good characters only poke with jabs…yea.

PJ Hinata has something similar to RS Sakura’s air combo infinite, but I forget how it goes.

Ive tried doing Nagare’s infinite, but Im not quite sure of how it works. The timing feels very strict. Is it even worth using?

I never got to play Project Justice (never owned a DC) but I played the hell out of Rival Schools for PSone, matter of fact I still do

[media=youtube]BHbw1JBO0VE[/media]

thanks for providing the link. that was fun to watch!:cool:

As far as PJ2 or RS3, if they’re going to make extra characters, at least give them their own moves. I noticed that a lot of the made up students just have the same moves as the regular characters and they’re just mixed in with other other moves. That’s just being lazy. They should have new moves unique to them.

is there any to combo Zaki’s QCFx2+P super for guaranteed hit? or is it too slow?

I used to combo her super in the air.

I can’t really imagine doing this game in high-level play, what with the punish system; its almost like SvC chaos except without meter, but casuals and really solid players is pretty fun.

We recorded some casuals a long time ago, Ka has gotten better, although I’m pretty much where I was…

[media=youtube]DFx_UzO6hOs&feature=PlayList&p=FD24A14A3A730F06&index=0"]1, [URL=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdggSLtQ2Bg&feature=PlayList&p=FD24A14A3A730F06&index=1”[/media]

Haven’t recorded since; I should probably put it back in our sessions.

Ooops i was talking about her ground QCFx2+P

Zaki

Thanks to kane’s vid, I’ve been trying to learn her again.

I think the ground :qcf:x2 :p: is too slow to combo. The :qcb: x2 :k: one is the super of choice in ground combos.

The air :qcf:x2 :p: one can end an air combo, or the :lp: version can combo off a j. :hp:

How good is shoma? I liked using him in RS, but now it seems his combos have gotten a bit shorter. Im glad he as a new super,but how useful is it?

Scratching a huge itch to play this again, and apparently I’m not the only one from what I’ve been hearing.

What is the tournament set-up for PJ? Who is banned?

And does anyone have a tier list that they can drop here? I imagine it’d be Roberto and Momo at the top. Possibly Nagare. And maybe Kurow since I see him used in so many JP match vids. Roy obviously high-mid. Interested in where my boy Gan lies. On one hand he has “Gan-finite”, but he often catches alot of nasty shit. That alone may place him in his own tier at the very bottom lol. I was only a casual player so I’m just speculating.

Be refreshing if PJ could be revived. Obviously has plenty of fans. My only question was how it would hold up in tourney-level play. Well peeps have been having tourneys for it so it must be solid enough. If anything close to a resurgence happens, I’m playing hardcore. Game and DC converter already in the mail lol.

i think the combo chain is like this standling.lk -> qcfX2-p

or standing lk > standing lk > qcfx2-p

Found this on Dustloop. Don’t know how accurate it is. Game is mad old so all the tiering should likely be set in stone by now though, if people even still care lol,

Top-Tier:
Momo, Kurow, Roy, Nagare, Hideo

Mid-Top Tier:
Kyosuke, Hyo, Demon Hyo, Roberto,
Yurika, Daigo, Wild Daigo, Hayato, Akira
(helmet)

Mid-Tier:
Hinata, Shoma, Natsu, Akira, Zaki, Kyoko,
Burning Batsu

Low-Mid Tier:
Batsu, Ran, Tiffany, Boman, Edge, Vatsu

Low-Tier:
Chairperson, Gan

PJ is the shit, I haven’t played it as much as the original RS on Arcade/Evo. But I’m a big fan of it and I personally think it’s one of the best games from Capcom. Hoping for a sequel :{