Project Justice- Anyone still play?

not that Im aware of. so far i only know that momo and nagare have them. Gan probably has a semi infinite with the LP, LP, D+FP -> HCB+FK, jump, LK, LK, FP, D+FK. However, i tried it at the arcade and the opponent was able to safe fall from it. So not so “semi” if you ask me.

roberto has an infinite. So does roy. I dont know how to do robertos i only know it involves shining save to dash b.hp.

Roys is [b.hk dash st.lp c.hp dash otg c.lp x 6] there are variants also. It’s pretty damn hard to do though

Hideo has one off df.hp into [j.lk j.lk hk divekick] that is also pretty hard.

This game doesnt get played much, mostly because the playable cast is actually pretty small. You have Roberto who supposedly is the best, Yurika who has a 1 frame tardy counter, momo/roy who are frame trap/damage kings, and Zaki who has real mixup because she can exploit how tardy counters work (except vs Yurika). Everyone else rarely gets played, primarily beause it’s hard for them to keep up, although you see some other characters from time to time.

I prefer Rival Schools ARCADE over every other iteration or sequel. I think there are less infinites in RSA. Rival Schools EVO had a bunch of unnecessary shit and tiers pretty much flipped upside down. I think I might be wrong though.

I’d like to express my love for Akira.

Also, that visual kei chick was pretty rad.

A new Rival Schools, using the engine/style of SFIV, would be really cool.

I wasn’t too keen on the US release of Project Justice. I really wanted to mess with the Character Creation mode some more :[ Of course I couldn’t read any Kanji/Hira/Kata back then, so I was SOL with my import.

Game was lacking in the Sakura department, but I guess I can forgive it because of Momo.
I’d kill for a new Rival Schools.

I like both equally. i know thats a rare thing to have but since its the Rival Schools series, hell, why not? And a RS 3 would be pretty awesome, of course keep it the way it plays. As far as making it look like SF4, i would have to disagree on that because the reason why the Rival Schools series was cool was cuz it stood away from all the other fighting games. It looked different, it played differently and it still had air combos (which is the type of game I wanted). They should also sort of extend the combo ability on that TEXTBOOK combo system or something.

Ganfinite.

I haven’t played PJ in like 6 years. My friends and I used to play it pretty heavy along with powerstone 2. Once we all went our separate ways, that all ended. I used to enjoy playing it though. Hell, I still have RS for the PSX somewhere around here.

ONEZ

Power Stone was pretty fun. It just sucked that you couldn’t block anything. Sure you could catch items thrown at you, but I doubt someone’s gonna throw a flame thrower at you lol, not to mention your timing has to be IMPECABLE for you to catch before it hits you. As for PJ, sure there were infinites, but I never saw very many people using them.

yurika is good for turtling , damn annoying .

edit : see how yurika kicked ass kyosuke , [media=youtube]YVUG3Kwi5Bk&feature=PlayList&p=03E939BC10A3D79A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=34[/media]

cool! thanks

If I am not mistaken, didn’t Sakura have an air infinite in RS?

Competitively, RS sucks. Sp00ky nailed most of the playable characters in PJ and really the game boils down to whoever manages to connect with a lp first.

That said, it’s a good casual game (two buttons to do a Team Up and three for a Party Up is something most players can understand) and I definitely love the anime-esque style and pacing of the game’s story mode. Edayan does some top-notch 2D art as well (on that note, check out my PJ story mode and board game rips if you haven’t already).

I always thought RS3’s graphics would be better with the shading in something like Tales of Vesperia, given the anime influences in the game. The inkbrush style SFIV adopted (as unique as it is) needs to stay with that series. Gameplay wise, though, a new RS game would have to have major changes (Marvel/Tatsunoko-style tagging?) to really last in the competitive scene.

Really really turtley in serious 2p play. First to get a light attack or not to tech a(n air) throw loses. No block damage deaths.

Momos just throw out them s.lp’s and c.lp’s (in hopes of landing those huge combos) until they get tired. :lol:

What can she do? I’ve been meaning to learn her but I think I’m just no good. :sad: Shedding some light on this would be great. Thanks in advance. :wonder:

Capcom should bring this series back.

I loved this game. Played it from 2001-03, but the scene in my area was non-existent. Then again, Lancaster, PA isn’t exactly a hotbed for high-skilled competition (our MVC2 “scene” consisted of 6 people).

Anyway, I mainly played as Zaki, Roy, Shoma, and P. Akira.

The only time I played someone competitively outside of friends was this Polish guy at University Pinball back in '02. He had a pretty good Nagare.

Who are you talking about here? Judging from Wikipedia article, the description fits Zaki, but I’m not sure who exactly you’re talking about.

agreed:smokin:

Hayato has some interesting stuff. I found his infinite in the first game, but it only works on Gan or Raizo, sadly.

I recall reading a thing on Insomnia.ac about 3D vs. 2D and how 2D reigned supreme because of how much projectiles mixed up tactics, was very insightful.

I think Rival schools was a step in the right direction for giving 3D games projectiles, it was incredibly fun, not that deep, but if Rival Schools 3 ever comes along, Capcom could do so much with it.

True, i agree wit your sentiment there. Since Capcom is one of the leading companies for fighting games, I would expect that from them.