Poison combo thread

[quote=“Dragonfave723, post:38, topic:169201”]

Combos performed by Justin Wong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9eJ0vh58k

[/quote]

I wonder if we can create some efficient combos with a double AE.

cl.MP has wonky hitboxes on some characters and I haven’t explored that much. If it hits on everyone then yeah it’s definitely better.

So far though cl.mp cr.hp xx EX Rekka is indeed better. With empty fjc LK Kissed by a Goddess it’s 320 (490 stun). With HP WoL and 3 hits it’s 323 (475 stun). cl.HP xx EX LMT only does 300 and let’s not talk about Stun because it’s pathetic.

cr.lk-st.lk-cr.mk or cr.mp-rekka (214 dmg), is my best hit confirm. Easy to link
St.hp-EX Love me tender- follow up throw (300 dmg), is a solid punish

What are the best follow ups to ex rekkas? I know in the corner you can do normal rekkas after it but just wondering whats the most damage besides ultra

That’s what we were talking about - If you have time to do cl.HP xx EX LMT you can do cl.MP c.HP xx EX WoL then your follow up of choice for more damage.

Ex rekkas jump cancel and follow them down and then hit them with hp to reset them. Here’s the high low mixup after the reset:

If they block high: cr.lk-st.lk-cr.hpxxrekka
If they block low: overhead-cr.lp-st.lk-cr.hpxxrekka

If you have meter, you can ex rekka again and repeat. This should stun them quickly. For example, overhead-cr.lp-st.lk-cr.hpxxex rekka-st.hp does 410 stun, and cl.mp-cr.hpxxex rekka-st.hp does 510 stun.

You can get follow-up HP rekkas on Poison mid-screen. Timing is tricky though. Poison likes to whip herself it seems.

Drops at the st.lk cr.hp link vs Chun-Li. st.lk hits, cr.hp completely whiffs. It’s great otherwise.

I’m getting cr.hp to hit but the first rekka whiffs. I can’t even cancel cr.hp into rekkas by itself against chun…sigh…I was hoping to avoid character specific combos.

Well no real worries, substitute cr.hp with st.mk and the reset game still works, just with less damage and stun. We should check who ducks under cr.hp xx rekkas.

PS Chun’s hurtbox is really goofy, sometimes she ducks the first hit of cl.mp sometimes the second.

Seems that cl.st.mp-cr.hp is character specific. It for sure whiffs on Rolento. He definitely has a weird hitbox. Unable to combo st.lk-cl.mk on him either. Not sure who else.

Ah thanks guys

if you wanted to be safe you could just do cr.mk since its 6 frame startup the same as cr.hp.

also st.lk cr.mk works.

FailFish I should have came here before I made this but this is all I figured out so far. Im sure there are all listed here but yeaa

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dexCosayD_Q

I decided to test EX WoL into HP WoL at midscreen against every character, and these are the characters I can confirm it works on:
Abel, Cammy, Dan, Decapre, Dhalsim, Elena, Evil Ryu, Gen, Guy, Ibuki, Ken, Makoto, Poison, Rose, Ryu, Sagat, Sakura, Seth, Vega, Viper, Yang, and Yun.

EX Rekka into U1 being character specific is just silly, especially since the damage scaling just eats away at your damage.
Hopefully there will be better ways to land that Ultra.

Not sure if it’s posted yet but here’s some of the best poke combos Poison has:

Can be used after a light cross up kick,

Easy
1: crouching light kick, crouching light punch, crouching light kick, light 3x whip attack

Harder
2: crouching light kick, standing light punch, standing medium kick, 3x whip attack

Using Ex on the 3x whip attack gives you a 4th hit that can juggle into another 3x heavy whip attack, better than wasting ultra
Using red focus on the 2x whip attack if you want to do that kind of combo with meter to burn

Another thing to mention is Poison’s jumping Heavy Kick is one of Poison’s best moves.

And cl.MP is 10 damage more with more scaling in the combo anyway.

Try to go for the dp FADC. Its not that difficult and it has less damage scaling and not character specific.

http://youtu.be/HQEFHABRrNU

Max damage?

^ j.hk, cl.hk x mk KBG fadc U1 is 561

No meter (corner only):
cl.HK(2-hits), MP fireball, cr.LP, st.MK, MP rekka = 334 DMG