Poison combo thread

HK.Love Me Tender, cr.LP, cl.st.HP xx Rekkas (298 dmg)

Is a bit similar to Fei Long’s chicken wing combos.

Updated with the previous combos that were contributed and I started a list of what ex rekka- u1 whiffs on.

Looks like it drops on:
Guile
Honda
Dudley
Cody
Fei Long
Adon

If it does work on these characters it’s a LOT tighter. Most characters I got it on the first try and moved on, but I tried these guys nearly 10 times each and still never got it. Would be good for others to test though.

Seems to work off any version of love me tender so long as you’re close enough.
And on a counterhit love me tender you can do a cl.HP. So something like CH love me tender, cl.HP, rekkas does about 328.

I think the better option is to hit confirm from a light or a medium to her HK dp into u1. Its almost 500 damage for both options. For some reason HK dp pulls the opponent towards her. If you still want to go for ex rekka to ultra then its best to do that in the corner.

Anti Air Hp AE combos into Hp Rekkas three times (3rd rekka doesnt always hit but I think its something with practice that will make it reliable).

Or into heavy love me tender into throw ender

some c.MP links

c.MP>cr.LK
c.MP>cr.LP
c.MP>cr.MP
c.MP>cr.MK
c.MP>s.MK

close LP
cl.LP>cl.HP
cl.LP>cl.MP (first hit)
cl.LP>cl.MK

i’m finding overall MK KBG is the go to DP in combos. HK doesn’t grab them for the most hits and LK doesn’t do as much damage.

Not that this will matter 99% of the time but I’m pretty sure Overhead->cr.lp doesn’t combo on standing opponents. Would love someone to prove me wrong.

It usually works on crouching characters. I tried on a regular standing ryu and dan. It didn’t combo but when I set them to crouching it worked.

going by the frame data, she’s -1 on hit so you need to meaty or have them crouching. (or space it so that it hits late)

yeah its all spacing. back up so that you hit them on the way down

Close.MP combos into pretty much anything that can be comboed from.

Cl.MP -> Cr.Jab -> Cr.Jab -> S.Mk -> Whatever end you want is juicy.

Plus, Cl.MP on block is bait for frame traps.

EX rekka into fierce rekka worked every time in the corner against Sagat.

After Ex rekka you can jump cancel forward -> land -> lk shoryuken. Works midscreen and looks pretty stylish and it gives you a reason to use meter

No love for cl.HP xx EX Love Me Tender?

;.;

Cl.mp cr.hp xx EX rekka is always better no? Better follow ups, more damage, more stun.

You have to be point blank on Elena for both hits of close MP to connect. Even then it whiffs sometimes.

Combos performed by Justin Wong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9eJ0vh58k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZC_1JhKIk

Well cl. HP is -6 on block so it’s really only something you want to throw out when you know it’s going to land, and if you know it’s going to land you’re probably in range of cl.MP, (ie you’re punishing something). Plus cl.MP -> cr.lk is a frame trap on block if it doesn’t whiff, and you can link nearly anything off it if it hits. I’d love for someone to show me a really good use for cl. HP, but for now I’m not really sold.

Has anybody been able to land the overhead, cr.LP link on crouching Hugo, Sagat, T-Hawk, or Zangief?