Paradise Arcade JLF Silent Mod!

Ok, here’s the update kits are assembled, Susan has sent out, or will sent out paypal requests today to everyone that emailed. If you pm’d please send us your email with Silent JLF in the subject. Pricing is as follows
15 shipped int he US
26 shipped overseas (priority, no tracking)
Overseas 5 pack, 85, this is an express envelope with tracking information

We only have 25 kits for now and will distribute until they are gone. When we officially add these to the store they will probably be 10 + Shipping.

Payment sent. Thanks Brian!

Any chance you have any JLW short shafts?

actually we don’t, been going back and forth on the JLW’s, they just aren’t that common anymore…
I can get custom shafts done so let me know what you need

Dang, didnt get an email, mustve ran out -_-

Wow, and i waited on this so i could get the blue tops when they restocked, realized i didnt make it for the list, and when i decide im just gonna get the blue top, out of stock again. lol Not havin the best luck here eh?

Yeah so are they out already? I never got a reply. I emailed on March 3rd. From a Gmail account.

nvm, got my email and blue balltop came back in stock. Ended up buying the silent seimitsu set as well

haha we are working on getting the blue ball tops done again, they took a while to get traction and then went like crazy

Hi Brian,

I ordered two silent JLF mod kits from you. Im not clear on how you take off the sanwa microswitches on the TP-MA PCB assembly. It seems as if the Sanwa microswitches are glued or soldered to the PCB? With the Silent JLF mod, is the TP-MA PCB assembly used at all? Maybe it will make more sense once the kits arrive. Also watched your video and I couldn’t see close enough to tell what was holding the zippy microswitches in place.

You don’t use the TP-MA PCB.
The microswitches are separate, hence why the new harness.

Dude those harnesses look awesome!!

The JLFs are made such that they can take the pcb mounted micros or regular micros, I can make a video tonight or tomorrow showing how these are assembled.
Thanks Zombie!
-Bryan

OK! Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me. Bryan, a video would be cool but please don’t make one on the account of my ignorance. LOL!

He Bryan! Just received the 2 Silent JLF mod kits. Wow! They are as silent as advertised. I am having problems however with the wiring harness. The daisy chained ground lines are too short. It is very difficult to connect the grounds to all the microswitches. Should I bent the ground tabs on the microswitches? I’m installing into a VLX so accessibility is not an issue. I will snap some pix when I get it hooked up.

UPDATE: I have installed 2 different silent mod kits into my VLX and they both fail to operate correctly. I went into SSF4AE training to see what inputs were being registered and I get random results. I cannot jump forward or backward what so ever. I can only throw fireballs 1/3 of the time. I think the issue lies in the ZIPPY microswitches. They don’t seem to actuate until they are completely depressed whereas the SANWA microswitches activate once they are engaged. I will install the silent mod kit in a Virtua Stick High Grade and see if the results are better. May have to mod the ZIPPY microswitches to activate quicker.

UPDATE #2: I modded the ZIPPY microswitches to activate more sensitively and the Silent JLF mod kit is perfect! I will probably use an LS-55 spring to make up for the lack of microswitch resistance. Bryan, you may want to take another look at the ZIPPY 20gram microswitches. They do not work properly with a JLF without modification. At least, not in my testing. I can say that I will be 100% satisfied with this upgrade once I find the right spring tension. Thanks Paradise Arcade!

Does your email automatically spam block gmail or something? I have never gotten a response from paradise arcade.

havent gotten mine yet

Are these harnesses still available? If they are I would like to get on the list. :stuck_out_tongue: