Paradise Arcade JLF Silent Mod!

Alright coo, thanks

Yes, thanks. I’ll look into how I’d actually put these in my stick as a replacement for the default JLF ones. I’ll probably end up getting the 20 grams from paradise.

Hey guys, sorry Shoryuken messages were dumping into my spam box… Actually I thought no one was interested since I never got an update on the thread!!! The harnesses are due in next week and I thought I was going to end up sitting on them because after all the hype no one wanted them :frowning: I am glad to see there is some interest.

Here’s how to preorder… email bryan@paradisearcadeshop.com with “Silent Sanwa Preorder”. Put your name and how many you want int he body of the email. Also give me an email address to send a paypal bill to.

As far as the different micros… 20 Zippy’s, 50 Zippy’s, and 75 Cherrys(which will measure at 50g of force) are all quieter than the original jlf micros. The harness will fit all of these. The Seimitsu upgrade pack does not fit the stick properly… maybe I should come up with a little spring for around the micro to increase the pressure but keep the noise down…

We have a ton of stuff launching in the next 1-2 weeks so keep your eyes on the store!

Sent you a preorder mail from my gmail account.
Thanks for the info and for getting back to the thread.

Preorder request sent.

thanks everyone, keeping track of the preorders, I will send out bills once the shipping is confirmed, just waiting to hear back from my supplier!

I didn’t buy a silent mod, but I did buy some regular parts from your store. Any idea when they’ll ship?

Kewlmyc, hard to answer those questions in the forums without order number or name, shoot me an email at sales@paradisearcadeshop.com and I’ll look it up… please note some orders may have already shipped since our shipping does not update automatically, hopefully something that will be fixed by the end of this week!

Ok, for some reason the harnesses didn’t ship and are being sent tomorrow. this means we should have them by next Wed…

I will be sending paypal requests once I have confirmation of shipping… not before.

Also, I will try to get on the forums at least twice a week, it can be tough and we have a bunch of new products coming out which means a lot more work in the store…

ok… harnesses arrive… lol kind of by surprise, but we have enough harnesses and 20 gram micros for 25 JLF mods. With more micros on the way! I will email the preorders tomorrow, and we will be adding these as a store page soon.

Does the $10 kit price include shipping, or it’s determined based on the customer’s address?

Any chance of silent buttons coming out?

15 for domestic orders including priority shipping, international will depend on where it’s going…

I don’t think this kind of mod can be done to the sanwa buttons as they use a different microswitch. I’m planning to get a harness/switches from Paradise Arcade, and then try this mod to the buttons : Sanwa 30mm Snap-In Button Mod. Noise reduction

[media=youtube]dpgq4zEbRpg[/media]

you can get the 20g switches in all the American style parts they sell. I have them in Yenox/Xenox buttons and they are very responsive and silent. I did have to stuff them to make them as sensitive as Sanwa’s but that’s sort of standard when dealing with those style of microswitches. I Imagine IL Competition Convex buttons with the 20g switches would be about as sensitive as your average Seimitsu button.

According to tests with a Rip-o-meter, Sanwas activate at 35g, so I’d guess Seimitsus are around 45-50g.

The issue isn’t the amount of force in this case, which is less than a Sanwa its that you need to depress the switch further on American style buttons for the microswitch to activate. If you put some sort of padding into between the switch on the microswitch and the part of the button that presses it makes the activation faster.

This is sweet and that harness is genius. Thanks for keeping it innovative. Now if you’d only carry PS-14G buttons you’d be my hero.

Whats the status for these? Were invoices sent out or anything?