[Oni + Evil Ryu] SF4 Characters as SF3 Sprites

those look really damn good. Good job, bro.
I see how much was editing and how much was original work from scratch. Either way, I’m sure those took forever.

I haven’t sprited at all for a few years myself. Might have to for a decent avatar. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, lookin forward to your Abel if you get around to it.

@ BillJersey

Actually, they were all from scratch except Seth (didn’t want to reinvent the wheel with him looking so close to Urien). The other ones I did while referencing from SF4 screenshots and existing SF3 sprites :slight_smile:

DUDE, that Seth looks deadly!

EDIT

I worked with Urien before, I never really liked his left calf-to-foot, the shading on his calf-to-foot seemed to really stick out, and it does the same for Seth. Either way, AMAZING JOB

my post was worded wrong. I actually meant to ask how much was editing/original. Not that I seen how much was. (kinda looked pompous now that read over it. :p)

But I still got my answer. I’m very impressed. Its a looong process to do. You used screenshots side by side, or did you sprite over them? Because the accuracy of the stances is the first thing I noticed.

I sized the screenshots down, morphed them a bit (to match sf3 proportions) then painted over them :slight_smile:

This is how modern day VG companies make their sprites. they make/look at a 3D model of the char and then they draw over it.

Seriously godlike stuff

Wow. Just woke up to find 2 more finished sprites. Great job.

is it not possible to teach a computer to make/draw/create pixel sprites from a 3d model?

ps

sorry 'bout off topic.

seth is cool, but a little boring (not your fault guy).

pps
how can people say twelve could never fit into a game with sf2 characters when that pile of malformity is sf4?

ppps

abel is nice.

WHOA :pray: Bravo Steamboy. I’m jealous of your skills. :arazz:

Keep up the great work. :tup:

I would have preferred to see Abel vs Alex, but still great work nonetheless.

Also why is Abel the only one on 2P side in the “sample” shots? XD

<3F1

Haha i got tired of trying to coordinate the exact player positions ^^;

I chose to put him vs. Remy because they are both from France (i think?)

Goddamn these are fantastic.

They literally fit perfectly into the game, Gouken especially.

Man, those renditions are outstanding. Good job.

Oh sorry about that. Forgot it does that.
Got negged for it but hey, it happens. No biggie.

And nice C.Viper sprite!

Now, you should make SF4 characters as KOFXII sprites next with yo skills.

It would be a dream come true, and crush anything SF4 has.

New additions are great, especially Abel’s. You’re doing a great job. :smile:

Everything just leads to SF4 hate. lol.

Fantastic. These are brilliant, it really just makes me wish SF4 was still hand drawn 2D, instead of this pseudo 3D/2D-esque thing they got going on now.

This is why 2D should never die!

Great work man, they look good.

I can’t wait for some El Fuerte action!