OJ reportedly going to confess!?

Saying the OJ trial should have just been a simple case that got blown out of proportion is marginalizing everything surrounding the case… like saying urinating on an electric fence shouldn’t electrocute the shit out of you, but somehow it miraculously happened. The murder case, held in LA, was a classic Hollywood hotbed of gossip. OJ socialized and rubbed elbows with a lot of elites-- think of how the Kardashians’ social circle lives and acts today, and imagine that in the 80s/90s (almost literally, since Robert Kardashian was OJ’s right hand man and Kris then-Kardiashian was best friends with Nicole)-- and the murder tore a super-rich community apart. With Nicole’s activities and OJ’s domestic violence history, the tabloid media knew something was going to bubble over. The trial was responsible for opening the door for domestic abuse discussion and awareness, as a matter of fact. The media was already attracted to court cases like flies, if you remember the stupid Menendez brothers case on TV. The Rodney King trial and aftermath was still raw in everybody’s minds, buildings in LA streets were still ashen from the riots, and anything involving the LAPD or District Attorney was going to raise eyebrows in the public, particularly activist circles. OJ was a pretty huge celebrity (which I didn’t get because I didn’t grow up with the NFL. He’ll always just be Nordberg to me). And frankly, back in the 90s when race relations were worse, it was a spectacle, for whites and non-whites, to see a non-white person not get hung out to dry by the courts, whether that person was guilty or not. The very prospect of a non-white person breaking the justice system was a conflicting event in America’s melting pot. OJ represented Hollywood, sports, race, the public’s distrust with the police, domestic abuse, the power of money, etc… It was a perfect storm of controversy and media coverage. The big mistake was allowing a camera feed to broadcast the trial.

yes he would, lex luthor would tell you with a straight face he did it…then ask you to prove it.

your right, maybe it is all apart of the plan…maybe he will get funding from Oprah and start O Corp…

Isn’t it illegal to make money off of a crime you committed in any way?

I thought he was still serving his sentence for the robbery he did? I feel like I’m missing something here.

Apparently it’s false.

Little kids at the time who didn’t understand everything going on and supported OJ because they didn’t know any better/were told to are off the hook obviously. However, the fact that so many people ignored overwhelming evidence and believed (or lied to themselves) and bought into the race hype AKA “I gotta support the minority fuck a dead woman” is still disgusting. It’s exactly something like the OJ case that had some people roll their eyes at the 2 boats scene in TDK.

I think this is appropriate:lol:

I agree… trust me I do. Yet do you know what would’ve happened the moment that juror wouldve came back with Guilty… I stated it in the first reply. America, you and myself knew he was guilty but remember the tension is LA was still thick from Rodney (remember soon as they said not guilty all hell broke loose) AND… AND there was JUST a truce amongst all gangs. The atmosphere played a HUGE role. Yet I understand his ass was guilty… hell the moment the white bronco interrupted my basketball game.

Living in a racially divided city, we knew the ins and outs of this case.
I was in high school at the time and our school shared a building with a neighborhood (predominately black) elementary/middle school. The white students felt uneasy after the verdict was read because the middle school students hated the fact that we shared their building (I actually had a 4th grader pull a gun out on me). We watched the decision on live TV. I will never forget the papers flying out of the windows of our building, or the racial tension that was created thanks to that verdict. We had a black history assembly a few months later and some of the white students walked out during the assembly. I was friends with the first guy that walked out and he was simply going to the bathroom…the rest left to make a statement.
This case boiled down to a few things.
[LIST=1]
[]The “N” word.
[
]Catchy one liners (ala "If it don’t fit, you must acquit)
[]Envy
[
]Sensationalism
[]Ratings
[
]Ignoring the race factor in major aspects of the investigation.
[/LIST]
O.J was rightfully acquitted simply because the evidence was tainted by an investigator who thought he was nothing but a n*gger with money he wished he had. This case made one career and killed a number of others.
And Kato is still a loser.

lmao I remember the newspaper the next day had a picture of the white bronco, and the headline was “OJ Canned”

I thought that was odd because I had drank a lot of orange juice that came in cans…
ahhhh, elementary school :slight_smile:

1. Someone [One of the jurors] looked outside and realized oh fuck. I don’t want to get hit in the head with a brick on live TV all while the city of Los Angeles is on fire.
  1. Your odds of getting away with a crime go up when you are a celeb
  2. Justice only cares about money

I firmly believe that would not have been as much of a factor if at least ONE of the investigators happened to be black, and if the lead investigator did not call him the “N” word. But since those two pieces never happened, this was a strong factor as well.

It was thick before Rodney… I wouldn’t even say the verdict lit the match on the TNT, the verdict was just the end of the string. Something was about to pop no matter what.

PS. A dismissed juror’s daughter was in my science class and showed a ton of cleavage every day

Tell those two to Michael Vick, Dante Stallworth, Wesley Snipes, Shyne (I am sure I am missing a few people)

stupid thread 2.0

Someone made a really bugged out art project in one of my MFA classes with the full recording of OJ talking in his Bronco but i can’t find it. This is the closest thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcyyCi2b2AY

animals, alcohol/drugs, and taxes owed to the government…these are things that seem to go past the colour of your skin

My post was addressing the $ comment, not the race.

tbh i like the mystery more