New XBOX360 HORI Stick

Perfect, I truly spoke too soon, you will get too much rep.

How does this stick compare to the T5 stick?

a little irrelavent, but i scanned the stickers that came with the stick in case you guys are interested :-/

http://rapidshare.com/files/52170202/vf5stickers.jpg.html

These work with a Mac?

I have MAME OSX
Think it’ll work?

To the people who actually have the stick, is this the same as the DOA4 stick?

Yep.

What default buttons are in the VF5 stick? Are they responsive or do you think modding is necessary?

This is my first arcade stick, so I’m not sure if this is supposed to be normal, but is it supposed to be so touchy when used on a pc?

I can do specials in Hyper Fighting on the 360 without any issues but when I try to play the same game on an emulator I just can’t get anything to come out consitently.

I’m using Winkawaks with Xpadder. MAME crashes when I try to use this stick with it.

Perhaps its not the stick but the game itself? the emulator may not be 100% perfect

I plugged my new 360 stick into my PC and it works 100% bullshit free with MAME and all my other stuff. I guess its a software thing with ya’ll.

:\

Just got this two days ago. I ordered an octagonal Sanwa gate because a square gate just isn’t cutting it for circular motions.

how do you plan on putting that onto the stock hori stick? lol

Which version of mame are you using?

Does anyone know if you can use screw-in buttons if we wanted to mod this?

You can, but you will need to remove some of the plastic that borders the part where you put the buttons. Thats what I had to do with my doa stick. It is just better to use snap-ins, but if that isn’t an option, just bring out the dremel.

The octagonal Sanwa gate actually fits onto the DOA4/EX2 Hori stick.

I just got one of these and between XBCD and Xpadder this thing works like a dream in Mame and NullDC. Just make sure you get the XBCD config that treats the triggers as digital.

So I could grab one of those and instantly improve the performance, eh…

Is it this one here?

I don’t think I wanna go to all that trouble to replace the whole joystick (I don’t have a dremel nor do I want to fuck up anything) but if I could easily put in a new gate and some better buttons, that might make the EX2 worth picking up.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I picked up the Hori line of products and am adding them to the site. Check out www.alphaelectronics.com, and on the right hand side you’ll see a link to “Hori Accessories”. Right now it takes you to the Xbox 360 joystick, but once everything is up you’ll see a different page showing all of the products we offer from them. We’re based in the US as well for those who are interested. :slight_smile: