New XBOX360 HORI Stick

ive been having some trouble as well, though im using macmame. i had no problem in the past using DOA4, VSHG, or a regular 360 pad.

any help would be nice, i had no idea that many people were having trouble

only thing i can come up with is that the stick is running off the Game for Windows controller rather than the 360 controller technology. That’s the only reason i don’t think it’s compatible, then again, i heard Microsoft was real strick about third party support for their controllers (just look at the x arcade case)

Hi I seem to be having the same problems as the rest of u, I can’t get this damn stick to work with mame. I don’t know if it’s the drivers or what but it seems to work with minesweeper:confused:. Please help me out I don’t no what the hell I’m doing:sad:

At least I got a stick for my 360 (that was the primary reason I got it). I just won’t have two sticks hooked up to my computer.

Just give it some time guys, this is a brand new stick (even though it’s the same shell as the DOA4 stick), I’m sure MS will make the drivers work with it eventually.

We don’t want microsoft to work on the drivers, thats how we got this problem with our sticks in the first place. It’s just dumb to put the actual stick as the hat switch, what does microsoft have against stick players. Of matter of fact what does microsoft have against keyboard and mouse players, steering wheel players, and stick players? :confused:

I got this stick to work on MAME. When I plugged it in, Windows found and installed the proper drivers. Afterwards, I used JoyToKey to map the buttons. Everything worked perfect.

Same here, also worked 100% on ZSNES too.

Question is, did it register the stick as the hat switch or the x and y axis. If it registers it as the hat switch, you can’t use it in BBB, AB, MBAC, and other fighters that are not emulator based. Thats the problem. I don’t care about emulation that much for that half assed of a driver to be used on here. I just might as well used my pelican converter with my Hrap.

what version of joy2key do you have?

mine doesnt work with it

Ah, didn’t know about that. It registered as the hat switch. Don’t really play the other games so that was never an issue.

to clarifiy, this is the problem with the microsoft driver.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8661/fsex2ls7.th.png

In which case, you CAN use a program such as xpadder, etc, to bind the directions to keyboard buttons. My friend has one and does this, so you can’t tell me it doesn’t work.

But does it work in AB, quick answer, no. AB will only see if there is an x and y axis one, it sees it and continues to scroll on the main menu because of the lack of control. Two, xpadder can’t really fix that problem cause it can’t get the x and y axis under control. Again, it probably does work on emulators, i’m not questioning that, but it will not work on games like AB or BBB because the first this it will look for is those x and y axis and when it gets ahold of it always being in the man, the menu will continue to scroll. But, again, i don’t care that much, i’ll just use my pelican on my hrap and play AB on that.

This is what i’m trying to tell you. Xpadder will allow you to map your joystick directions to keys on your keyboard. (and yes, xpadder can handle it properly) meaning up = up arrow key, or whatever you want. thus, the game will read it as “up arrow key”. Meaning, it works in games like BBB, AB, etc. If you’re too lazy to take this extremely short step to allow your stick to work in a game then that’s your problem.

Man, AB is catching the joystick axis of x and y first before, during and after the up arrow is hit. This this is scrolling on its own because it recognizes a joystick.

Question then, if i map the up arrow to the up hat, will it stop the y axis from going to extremes? What I would have to do to get this stick up it basically use joy2key, xpadder, or another software for everything. Plus, AB will still read those axis unless you find a way to turn off the input from the joystick. Mapping doesn’t fix everything, the problem is not will it work, but can I get it to stop “auto-scrolling” in games where the movement axis is understood?

Edit: Dude just forget about it, its not a big deal. As I said before I got this primarily for my 360. I got a HRAP on a pelican converter for my computer. Its really not a big deal. Plus, I absolutely hate using joy2key, xpadder, or any other mapping software. Its not because of the program itself, its just that I hate things running in the background on my computer.

Thanks to all the tips in this thread I got my stick working with mame. Works great with joytokey thanks alot all.

I couldn’t find it any of my local shops, and I don’t like getting shipments from EBGames. However, Amazon has it too…

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Xbox-360-Fighting-Stick/dp/B000V02P6Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/105-1377192-9520413?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1188408070&sr=8-4

Pretty sure that’s it. Just ordered it a few minutes ago. We’ll see in a week or so if it’s the real deal.

–jedi//.

I added a line to the XBCD inf to make the driver work for it. I can use the XBCD 360 utility with it now and that fixed all my problems.

By the way, the line is

%XBCD_360.DeviceDesc% =Install, USB\VID_0F0D&PID_000D

Thanks! That worked!

I spoke to soon…I mapped all the buttons but now I can’t get the stick to work in mame.