New XBOX360 HORI Stick

Probably a long shot, but I wonder if there’s/there’s going to be a PS2 converter for this stick.

They make a PS2 stick though. I don’t think there will be an adapter anytime soon.

Yes, but I forgot to mention you’ll need to drill the holes on the Sanwa gate (not difficult). Go here for more information: http://forums.xbox.com/1/5956513/ShowPost.aspx#5956513

I’m just gonna MAN UP! and mod this stick. It should be fun. I go have a question regarding the art. How do you people put new art on there? Do you just print out the art you want and laminate it? Or is there another way?

i wanna try and mod one too. never modded a stick before (actually 'cept for my old nes advantage, it’s my first stick)
might not be easiest, but doesn’t look too terrible hard either

maybe it just seems that way cuz i’m a silly noob

Yeah I wouldnt mind putting art on mine…dont know how and wont do it with out tutorials. :slight_smile:

Is there any difference between the US and JP versions or is it all the same shit? I picked up the DOA4 stick at Gamestop a year ago and think it’s a huge piece of crap compared to the HRAP or a good custom stick, so I’m hoping there’s something better for when ST HD comes out.

How would you go about safely removing the HORI gate? It’s attached to the joystick with tabs on each of the four sides. This is my first stick, so I don’t want to break it :sweat:

EDIT: Never mind, I got it.

EDIT(2): You can’t be serious… the drill isn’t working.

EDIT(3): Couldn’t find anything to put holes in the Sanwa gate, so I decided to just align the gate with the micro switches. It works! No drilling required.

i was messing around with mine, and after unscrewing everything i just unsnapped the sides and it came right off. went back on easily, too

still works>shrugs<

Anyone have an answer regarding the art?

Hmm, Im just going to make a seperate post if no one answers this in a few days. I really want some custom art on mine, and wippin out my sharpie aint gonna do it.

try asking in the custom stick threat at the top. just see how they put those cool pics on their hrap2 and whatnot and maybe that’ll point you in the right direction, even if they can’t provide you with some template or whatnot, it’s worth a shot

i’m sure someone there has a good idea for you.

how is that working for you?

Just got this this week, my first joystick coming from an snes pad background :slight_smile: My only complaint is that its a little light and I find it moving around if I get too excited during a game. Are there any preferred or easy ways to add weight/stability?

I played with the stick for about 3 hours and it worked fine. Yesterday, I got someone to drill the holes for me. The two set-ups are identical in terms of performance, except the gate is now more tightly secured.

I could have sworn someone posted a DOA stick template, but I can’t seem to find that anymore. Can someone post it up again?

Also, I think the best way to do the art is to print it out, laminate it, and then use some spray on adhesive.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hyper Fighting doesn’t work properly on MAME. The game runs faster than normal, which is probably why it feels oversensitive.

Ok I got the stick working fine in windows, no need for xpadder or anything like that, just use this guide I found:

http://www.theworldismeh.com/2007/09/25/how-to-configure-a-hori-xbox-360-fighting-stick-ex2-for-use-in-windows/#more-37

just got this stick for vf5 and for mame.

i cant seem to get it running in windows- yes its pnp, but when i first tried installing it, it read the hardware as “EX2 FIGHTING STICK” but when it went around looking for the drivers it only partially installed them, stopping giving me an error 37 saying there’s something wrong with the memory reading some memory address.

then i tried going to microsoft’s website, to get the 360 controller’s drivers. i even got xpadder, and now nothings reading the joystick.

my device manager has an exclamation point right next to what says “XBOX 360 Controller”, and shows only a few of the drivers installed.

im using windows xp, media center edition on a laptop. anyone got any issues like this?

btw the stick works fine on xbox360.

http://www.theworldismeh.com/2007/09/25/how-to-configure-a-hori-xbox-360-fighting-stick-ex2-for-use-in-windows/#more-37

I don’t get why ppl need the driver to make it work on a comp. I got mine a couple of hours ago, pluged it in, and mame worked smooth as allways.