New Samurai Spirits Sen begins testing October 27th

i can’t wait to see more on this game. i wish people would stop hating not that street fighter 4 is coming out it seems like alot of people are back to hating on snk… just grab this from snk-cap http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/cbbs.cgi?mode=res&namber=2275&page=&no=0

I don’t think people are hating on it because it’s not Street Fighter 4. Samurai Shodown 4 is one of my favorite fighting games of all time, in fact.

Doesn’t take away from the fact that this game is basically a completely generic SC/Tekken rip.

I have to agree. Granted, my opinion is stemming from the two mediocure quality vids of first day local tests, but it does look rather generic, all things considered.

Yeah it is. But if you wanna rip something off, rip off the best 3D weapon fighter out there. From the vids I’ve seen, it looks cool. I wonder if Sen is going to make that quick transfer to the console like Regulation A did? There needs to be more vid leaks.

HOOD BOY EDIT: Rumor right now that the Kim in this game is actually Kim Sue-Il from Kizuna Encounter.

haohmaru’s got the demon step!:looney:

Looks very good to me.
Too bad I won’t be able play it until the console version comes out, if there is one.

Too much like Soul Calibur, but i guess that isnt bad at all.

Maybe they’ll do Soul Calibur with less bugs then Soul Calibur.

+1 for 360 port hopefully (PS3 as well, but more worried about 360 port)

When Soul Calibur, or should i say Soul Blade came out, it looked like a 3D Samurai Shodown Clone…

That’s what I thought. :frowning:

However, I’ll just play the new Viking guy character in Earthquake’s place.

sougetsu being in it is a good thing
looking like soul calibur not so good.

And yes SS4 was friggin pimp.

More info at the Madman’s Cafe (link in page 1).
Suzuhime has Guts’ Dragon Slayer lol.

Actually, I have this feeling SF4 will turn 3D and be named “copying Tekken” so this is good for “copying soul calibur” I mean, they’re both established fighting systems…

Hopefully there’s something different about them both. It still looks fun though.

what a crummy looking game

Holy shit. Some of you need to shut the fuck up. Weapons + 3D =! OMG SOUL CALIBUR/TEKKEN (I dont even GET Tekken comparison).

*Shut
the
fuck
up. *

Now, from what little, bad quality I’ve seen (because none of you have even played the shit yet, to form any gameplay opinions), the game looks dope. The graphics look good (Taito hardware is win), and it’s Sam Sho. Granted, the previous 3D SS’s weren’t super fucking hits, but that’s do to several reasons, mainly being 3D games were still relatively in their infancy at the time. It was fucking 10 years ago, too. Move the hell on.

Anyway it goes, unless they fucking changed the control scheme completely, getting rid of Special Motions, and the like, the game will most definitely, greatly differ from any Soul title. So stop making yourself look like fucking retards, with the hate on something that isn’t 2D. Grow beyond “2D or nothing”. The game may be fucking great, but you have this dumb notion that [good]fighting games have to be 2D. Frankly, 2D fighters being the majority is long over.

You all make me sick.

looks like the samsho series are the only ones who kept that graphics quality the Old SNK used to have.

All that poporu went to your head. :wink:

yeah…how can you even make statements about the game when we’ve only seen two videos of it. This is how it always is though, new games are shat on 'cause it’s cool to do.

The knight guy is awesome.

^Which is rather odd; the SamSho series IIRC take place BEFORE America’s indepence or around then; by that time knights should no longer exist, to I might give Charollete an exception seeing a she’s a fencer of sorts. Unless that knight is from secret order of Templars that rose to save the world from disaster, I’d say SNK really need to look up the history books more often

The controls and gameplay mimic Soul Calibur pretty closely. The only difference is block is back, with guard impact or other special things being assigned to the 4th button.

A B C
D

A = horizontal attack
B = vertical attack
C = kick
D = parry/special actions
A+B = big horizontal attack
B+C = big vertical attack

Sounds a lot like SC to me.

I want this game to be good as much as anyone, it just doesn’t look like it’s interesting at all.

Actually I originally figured out how to sign up to poporu just so I could play ss4 haha. Now kof98, that was a game I got into because of poporu…