New Samurai Spirits Sen begins testing October 27th

That why I mentioned it had true potential. I completely agree the character designs and storylines in the game were some of the best SNK EVER did. But the game really did feel incomplete with Toshinden 1 style graphics in the days of Tekken 3 and characters being bareboned as hell. I honestly think the game was abandoned and just shipped midway through its development probably because of SNK’s financial situation. I’d kill for a proper remake, 3-D or otherwise but the inner cynic just feels they will mess up.

Odd I thought the test started 2morrow seeing as Japan is one day ahead of my country…oh well must be that world time changing thingy that my country ain’t affected by.
Anyways let’s hope the game delivers.

Info from Madman’s Cafe!

Source

As much of a Samurai Showdown fan that I am, I wasn’t too hot on the 3D ones. The vids in the source thread you linked to, might as well have been Soul Calibur to me.

I’ll still try it out if I ever see it.

Also from the same post 2 videos.

[media=youtube]jJfbaknCw50"[/media]
[media=youtube]tJmmI4RtRiU"[/media]

I thought the game was going to be 2D, but it appears to be 3D.

the game looks pretty cool to me, to be honest

lot of people saying it looks retarded already though i don’t see why :confused:

I didn’t say it looked retarded, I said it looked like any other 3D fighter to me, not a huge fan of them, but I’ll hold judgement until it gets playtime. I was just hoping the next SS would be all new hi res sprites.

Looks like a terrible Soul Calibur clone.

. . . but what do I know, I didn’t play it =P

Hmm does remind me a little of Soul Cal…which isnt really a bad thing…

We shall see when we play it no? lol.

Has anyone found out or know the full character roster? And if there are going to be any hidden characters?

Btw, in vid 2, Kyoshiro looks pretty cool! :lovin:

Needs motherlovin’ Earthquake.

Where is Shiki???:sad:

i’m afraid that the fact that they put an Afro Samurai style character in this new game has sold me on it, lol.
footage looks hot, can’t wait to see more. :smiley:

I dont know if i should be glad or weep, i’m leaning towards the 2nd option

OK anyone else notice the lack of a super/rage guage?
lol, CyberFanatix are now in the 3rd page XD, you can see some more info here-
http://cyberfanatix.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=3179&d=0

Angelica uses a spear, I like spear users (Kyoshiro don’t count, I don’t like him sorry ^_^;;:wink: plus she looks hot.
I might like Habei as well he seems like the calm quiet type

Am I the only who hasn’t played SamSho Tenkaichi yet and WANTS Iroha to be in this game?

this game should have

SHiki
Mina
Iroha

with giant boobs and am sold on this game:lovin:

I’m behind you on that one, she’s a hot concept. The game looks interesting, i’d definitely want to give it a try. I think this is appropriate for the movement of SS.

Im replying so i ac subscribe. ill check the vids when i get home…

Edit - Looks like Soul Calibur. Where are all the special moves? I expected 3d, but i also expected higher jumps and some projectiles.

well at least the art is good

Is that SS compilation or a new SS title altogether?