NEUTRALIZE! The Sentinel Guide (Last update 27/1/13: Check out the incoming mix-ups)

yeah i’m thinking of trying j:m: j:m: j:s: for the second rep

I would Jam Session in recommended assists. MVC2 style baby. Sent’s hurtbox is enough to protect Dante and it gives him a move that reaches the top of the screen.

If anyone gets the chance, id like them to test something out for me, sent can’t combo off his throws without bar, but I’ve been doing some tests any chance I get to see if there are assists that might help. So far it seems his st. rocket punch recovers too slowly, thing is, his air rocket punch has less recovery so I was wondering if someone could help me test it out with a tk rocket punch to see if he can combo off his throws with the right assist.

Assists that could work are peekabo, hyper grab, tatsu, and maybe try out a couple beams, you never know.

Thanks to anyone who manages to do this for me.

Repulsor Blast lets Sent combo off throws w/o meter in the corner, however it doesn’t work midscreen. I’ll try some more stuff later.

i’ll test out some stuff off of throws, i think maybe air throw you might be able to like, air rp + call an assist like rapid or berserker slash and get a meterless combo but i don’t want to state it as fact

i played like 100 games tonight, just gonna chill for now

With skrull stone smite assist i can air grab, call skrull, do air rocket punch L, and combo off the wall bounce that skrull gives me. the timing and height are a little tricky, but i know its possible. theres that, so im sure there are other assists that help as well.

i know for a fact tk rp (lvl 3 xfactor) u can follow up with air L double jump L, H, S …
or …tk rp, air L double jump H S… both are corner only… i tried really hard to connect it mid screen but waaaaay to hard… it may b a one frame link into air M, dash blahblah lol or it’s just not possible :frowning:

I dont have much time to record the combos but if I do ill let u guys know

testing w/ jam session, worked on big bodies/slow fallers in the corner. tk rp + call assist, frying pan them out of the recoverable knockdown, s h s rp. no damage though, from throw scaling + jam session scaling. does build bar tho.

Btw, I randomly ran into this video last night. Its from very early into marvel 3’s life(back when our boy was still top tier) but it features some very good sentinel/dante play from rogueyoshi, thought you might like it since your a sentinel/dante player [media=youtube]jwk6BZR0d4Q[/media]

Btw, completely unrelated note, what is sentinel snap combo?

S, jump C, flight, a c, unfly c, stand c xx snap
cr. b xx l rocket punch xx hsf, dash snap
whatever s b b c s l rocket punch xfactor jump s snap (only when necessary imo)
whatever s b b c s l rocket punch (select assist, mine is jam session) snap

As long as you can get rocket punch to hit after a throw you can get a full combo using RR’s log trap assist.

I managed to get 626k off an air throw using one bar. You probably can do better.

Also using RR’s log trap assist I managed 993k using just one bar off an air h,s starter.

No restrictions like corner only or anything like that I take it? Thanks for the post, sick sick find.

Nope. You can do it anywhere on the screen as long as you can get your rocket punch to hit after the throw.

There’s lots of good info here. Thanks so much for making this guide!

My pleasure, glad I could be of some assistance.

Iron Man’s Repulsor Blast can be used for after throws too

I haven’t tested it myself, but I saw someone on the PowerUP stream using Nova’s centurion art assist to extend Sent’s combos. He dropped it but it looked like it would have worked, ground bounce should give you plenty of time to pick them up after rocket punch.

Yea I added that already, but thanks. Im pretty sure magneto’s hyper grab should work as well, only issue with this is it requires you to not pick disruptor which is a real good assist for our boy.

I mean if you can move really well with Sentinel, then you shouldn’t have any problems at all switching from beam assist to hyper grav. Especially since you can get a full HSF midscreen using HG.

Sentinel has no problem with getting in, but people tend to overlook that with the fact that he’s a fat fucker lol

I only have one simple question: What do I do against Hawkeye, with sentinel, both solo. Drop the controller?

I know the ideal is to snap hawkeye in and fuck him up immediately, but assuming that doesn’t happen. anybody know what my options are? I can’t hard drive from fullscreen because it very rarely is able to punish any of his arrows. wavedashing in is a pain because of sentinel’s big body (keep getting tagged by triple arrows). Sent has “no life” which mean I need to pushblock if I dont want to die, but if I push him, he keeps gaining on me. hawkeye’s j.H, OS throw also beats SEVERAL of sentinel’s air normals. And he can slide under spit.

Anything hawkeye hits goes into Gimlet, easy.