Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Oh Im aware, but it’s precisely because it’s not designed for the arcade that Im looking for the setup that people think works best. I was thinking about that setup you mentioned but it seemed to me that it would be uncomfortable to play like that for some reason. Maybe Ill give it another shot tommorow, for today I just started learning the game on pad.

I was dying to try the game out, and it’s not dissapointing. It’s definately pretty fun. As people said earlier the lack of features outside of the barebones combat mode is a tiny bit dissapointing but at least the story mode seems pretty long and fun. As for the actual combat mechanics Im really looking forward to learning more and more, it’s relatively simple but very addicting, and there does seem to be a real underlying game of skill going on.

Mario Kart DS is a real man’s game :arazz:

Pff. Not as manly as a game where you can play as a black-haired everyman in pajamas and beat the hell out of a barely legal girl wearing a face mask and a one-piece swimsuit.

I picked up this game expecting a boring fighter with lots of distracting flashy stuff.

I actually got a boring fighter with two modes and no supers. What is up with all the shared animations?! Did EVERY character need to have the same throw?

This is DBZ with less flash.

I use an old school type button layout for stick on this game.

HP Block HK
LP 3d LK

Works well, I think.

My Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 layout would work for this game too, I guess.

LK HP HK
LP 3D BL

Obviously it’s run and not 3D for UMK3. I honestly just play this game on a pad. Easier.

hanzohasashi just posted a cool new technique: You can cancel recovery on normals with the 3-D button! Sorta like the run jabs in MK3.

If this works with Flash’s high/low normals he would have to be #1 again…

So I just nabbed this game. So far it feels incredibly fun and i hope it doesnt lose its flare. I still love the joker even if he is bad :-/

also - in the kombo challenge what do those symbols mean? ive looked around on gfaqs and in the manual and nothing. im not talking about like - * , and stuff, im talking about the one that looks like a fist with a circle in it. deathstroke seems to have a bunch of diff ones too (one being his sword stance obviously).

Deathstroke & Baraka have hand-to-hand and weapon stances, so the fist & sword symbols indicate stance switches.

nevermind.im dumb. didnt realize it meant jump

So…

LK HP HK
LP RN BLK

is your UMK3 set up on your HORI stick?

that is TOO weird. lol :amazed:

That’s how it is for UMK3 on Xbox Live. They don’t let you reassign your buttons, so I learned the game with the fucking Guilty Gear button scheme.

LOL I actually tried the setups you guys were saying (non attacks in middle row) but It really seemed uncomfortable and inaccesible regardless of how I setup, so Im sticking with the pad, not the first fighter to be played seriously on pad anyway. Im really digging the game, just want some more strats against superman.

Has this been patched yet? I’m dying to get some good matches in, but I wont even get near online if it hasn’t been fixed.

The online has been fixed.

why the fuck is soul calibur 4 put next to dead or alive and mortal kombat :confused:

the quality of sc4 is far beyond 99% of the fighting games out there

Is this game good?

How so? less laggy or something?

Agreed, these aren’t really comparable.

This is just asinine.

Yeah, last I played it it was actually lag-less.