Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Ban for what? Casual play online? There aren’t any tournaments for this game.

Most of the rage combos and tactics are impractical at best. Certain characters do have some very legit uses though sub zero and raiden mainly.

Plenty of useful lows in the game flash, lantern, khan, darkseid, superman, jax etc… and throwing is a very underused and underrated tactic. throws will grab opponents that are jumping so you can tick with it and people are less likely to jump away allowing more pressure and more mixups.

Breakers don’t remove all the pressure because you do need to build the meter and that isnt always easy.

There really needs to be a tourney or something to determine a tier list :stuck_out_tongue: . I’m a Green Lantern player btw .

I’ll do the reading the thread thing for ya :wink:

I think he meant that there should be a tournament before we SHOULD make a tier list, not before somebody CAN make a tier list.

Tom Brady is one of the best 3d MK players around.

And trust me, he plays the very best, so the people in the know respect this tier list he has made. :tup:

i was just getting decent practicing this and lo and behold someone in the apartment scratched my disc ;_;
what does this tend to go for used, anyway

What does it matter if it has a scratch as long as it’s still playable?

Nobody knows for sure who the very best are, since big offline tourneys didn’t happen yet. He is probably very good, and may play othe very good players, or the best online players, but offline tournaments is what separates the very good from the best. Maybe he IS the best though, and the list seems pretty smart and solid.

The game may get a spot at many tourneys, including majors such as FR, MWC or even Evo. Right now you could say the same about TvC or maybe HD Remix, games that will very likely be at Evo.

What are the chances of MKvsDC being on the EVO2009 lineup?

I would like to think that its a patch or two away from being that quality of a game.

Its fucking solid, and its by FAR the best MK in the last 13 years…aka since UMK3…and I believe it should be given a shot.

I mean, if garbage like DOA has been there, and if SCIV is up there, there is NO reason this game shouldnt be in that conversation.

DOA is by far the most overblown, overrated fighting game series EVAH.

The potential is there. All that needs to happen is a single list of all of the game’s retarded exploits(braindead infinites, things like that) needs to be made and sent to the powers that be. Then, a patch needs to be made, and after that, the game needs to be playtested(something Midway has never done).

Highly doubtful. But hey, Mario Kart DS was at evo, so why can’t MKvDC?

Don’t expect a big turn out though if it does.

If it shows up, the turnout will definitely be so tiny that Evo scraps it the next year no matter what. That’s what happened with Virtua Fighter as I recall. The thing is, though, that Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe will, as a result of its presence at Evo, be recognized by other tournaments and subsequently become a minor-league mainstay, at least for a little while.

I don’t think it would necessarily be a bad thing if it gets included.

I don’t think it’s ultra broke. The community isn’t a bunch of weaboos, and it may actually get play.

Would I play it in a tourney? Nope. However, if Evo is going in an all new or nearly new game direction- it’s a better choice then some other games coming out- especially since the no-brainer inclusion (Tekken 6 BR) won’t be out in time.

I could see it at evo, but only if tournaments actually start up for the game and get people playing in them. If no one’s playing, then why would they run it?

Exploits and shit are meaningless; look at Marvel 2. If it doesn’t freeze the game or something, odds are they’d allow it in evo.

Actually, that stopped when MK4 was made, as you can tell by the final product.

A couple of the guys who worked on this MK, such as Paulo Garcia and Eddie Ferrier, were some of the testers of the old 2d MK’s. (along w/ Alex Gilliam (aka LEX) and a couple others)

I’m only average so take this with a grain of salt. However, in my opinion he’s almost like the Twelve of the game. Okay, he’s not THAT bad but essentially, he has a bunch of stuff that seems broken on paper but is toned down to the point of not being broken enough. Magic Trick isn’t safe (doesn’t hit, lacks invulnerability or super armor) and the followups don’t come out as fast as they need to. Liu Kang and others have better mix ups. The boxing glove and the bombs have a little bit too much startup and recovery to be good enough zoning tools as others in the cast do. He can’t do powerful or as long of combos as some characters. He can’t even pull a Dan and bust out meter filling taunts without being seriously punished for it. He CAN win but it takes more effort than most. The best thing in his arsenal is probably his Joybuzzer counter and there’s ways around that.

I find it somewhat funny that Wonder Woman can’t approach since they didn’t give her a projectile reflector but they did the “signature bracelet deflection” in story mode. :looney:

I just got the game for PS3 and I was wondering how I should map the buttons for the hori SA1 (someone said earlier it can be played very comfortably on any stick), or shoud I stick with pad for this? How are people playing it in general?

I just do the 4 attack buttons SNK style - 1 & 2 on top, 3 & 4 on the bottom. I have block & 3-D to the right of those.

You can do whatever you want, though. This isn’t an arcade game, so it’s not like there’s any standard button setup.