Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

at least they still got great titles among the shitty ones. midway hasnt released anything worthwhile. not even close to it.

These guys are at a decent level. But you have got to see how Raiden is played at really high level. He can make almost any of his moves safe on block with a buffered teleport. He’s just sick. I agree, I don’t understand all the hate for this game. I think people at SRK have just been conditioned to hate MK no matter how good it turned out. This game brought back the piece that was missing in the past 3D MK’s…actual intuitive gameplay that is fun and technical.

Here is some more high level play:

[media=youtube]AHyJmf2XqZ8[/media]

Peace

I watched those matches and, as someone who’s never been a Mortal Kombat fan, this looks a little better. Some of those combos (kombos?) looked pretty fun, and there was some interesting stuff going on. However, one of the things that has always turned me off about MK is the super awkward looking moves. They just don’t anim?ate their stuff very well. Anybody else feel this way

EDIT Oh yeah and I hate the timed button press games…that is all

That was so fun to watch. Tom Brady is so good at Mortal Kombat.
His Green Latern is a fucking beast. Never mess with GL when he’s got a Breaker stocked. Period.

This is kind of old, but it made me LOL so I figured I’d post it here. :smiley:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wbeXI45wNyQ

BTW, awesome video Mastermalone.

Is this on Wii too?

This tier list was taken from Tom brady. I’m posting this here cause this is the most accurate tier list I’ve scene so far

Only the pro-moves are timed. There are no more 10 hit dial-a-combos like the old games.

Thanks man! I like watching this game played a decent levels. It’s a totally different game than you will see with those scrubby MK side/DC side Youtube videos. I taylored my Green Lantern after the guy in the video. Now, I too have a nasty GL. His free 25% off of a breaker makes fools fear attacking him. GL with breakers at the ready forces most to play the distance game with him, which also favors GL.

Hammer-time!

Peace

The Joker is the second worse character in the game? I really know how to pick them don’t I. I guess I only get it right with Dhalsim.

Anyway, does anyone have any vids with high level Joker play? Also, why is the Joker so low on the tier list?

Just like any character, you can make the Joker good. The problem is that he will never be able to beat the guys at the top when played at high level. I proved this when I used my (in training) Green Lantern vs a more seasoned high level Joker. The joker had no answer for Hammer-time.

Peace

That list is a bit whack. Green Lantern breaker= all he really has…yes you get free damage from it, but a lot of characters have some up close BS that causes you not to be able to breathe. I haven’t seen anyone play like that correctly…game is all mids mids mids mids mids offline and Flash…

I do have to say, that Green Lantern Breaker into combo was NOT meant to be in the game when it was being balanced…

perhaps it is a bit whack…but right now thats the only thing we got. Lack of offline play for the time being and online play being ass there’s really no other way to judge it. Perhaps it’ll change in the future (like all tier list)

I’m sure it will, I mean, the game is evolving, but it’s just a shame that most of it is online madness which makes the game not fun to play because it is so drastically different…you know what else I notice people not doing? No one’s using throws as much. Up close that’s an integral part of the game and even if it is softened, it’s still 9%. 15% if it is not I recall. I’m glad finally people are enjoying the game LIKE I SAID THEY WOULD instead of all the naysayers are disbelievers from the original thread. Man, what a nightmare that was.

you know whats funny and ironic? Apparently the MK players that played MKD and MKA actually don’t like this game! But everyone else does and I find that :rofl:

I’m kind of glad that they did not notice GL’s breaker combo lol! It’s fun to do. Sub Zero and Shao Khan have free damage off breakers too. But I do understand what you mean with the online vs offline play. I recently went down to Family Funtime Arcade and played this game there against some decent comp. The game is way more balanced offline. Combos and pokes work as they should. Sonya can actually land pro-moves and the Flash is not as dominating, though is still number 1. Too bad I have to be on vacation to visit my home town to play MKvsDC offline against good comp. If online played like offline, my Sonya would own much more frequently. Liu kang seemed to be played rather well at FFA.

Peace

The reason that they don’t like this game is because they actually have to think about their strategy in order to win. They do not know how to use proper fighting game mechanics in order to be effective in a game like this. MKD was all about 50/50’s and free throws. There was little to no fear of retaliation from a grounded opponent.

Now if you ask these same players to execute 2-in-1’s, throw escapes and pressure combos, they will cry “foul.” They want their wins handed to them via Noob-Smoke(d+1-Throw infinite), **Dairou(**Tombstone Drop-Sword uppercut) and Bo Rai Cho(f+3-throw+otg combo).

That’s all I have to say for them.

Peace

mastermalone: I don’t think it was caught in “time” (the Green Lantern thing), same with the animation for recovery on the Superman thing for characters getting caught in the double pound, but for what it is, the game turned out fine. I’m just glad people are enjoying it. I’m not sure if anyone here is going to play it seriously though, and I’m about ready to put it away for good after these last few months because of no one to play here…

Well, they did say that they were going to patch the game soon. They will more than likely remove the breaker combos and the Superman Infinite. Yeah, without comp, no fighting game is worth playing. I play online and have fun with it so I guess that’s all that really matters for me. You have to get into the mindset of, “the game is different online” in order to prevent frustration with moves you know should work, but don’t. Currently, I have two styles of play, Online and offline. Offline mode is pure balls out, using all that is available to me. Online mode consists of landing simpler combos that provide big damage and using the set ups that online allows. You were already used to the offline play which is why you are so dissapointed in the online mode. I completely understand.

The game is still fun to play online though.

Peace

mk with a t rating… lol i didnt even bother… midway is in debt so they made this game hoping itll get them some money thats why they stuck with the the T rating to appeal to a wider audience and as if dc would allow me to rip supermans head off lol…