Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Got to finally play the finished version of this game over the weekend. Really fun! I’m digging Green Lantern. Green Grab into hammers is pretty awesome.

Anyone got any good shit for him, or Raiden? I think they’re gonna be my boys for now.

How well does this game play on a stick?

Petty well. Its got a button config, so you can set it up even to a custom MK stick :wgrin:

QFT! The sooner people realize that the fighting game community can be hypocritical, then less people will be butt hurt. If you like this game then who cares what people think of it.

IMHO those are 2 of the top 5 characters. GL can combo off of his standing breaker into his glove to the 3 hammers for 25% and Raiden has a 6 frame teleport. More on those characters later

So uh, nobody answered my question in the other thread. How come this game doesn’t have a demo i can play?

Awesome avatar you have. Air Master rules.

To Maj

I know right? I really need to try this game before moving forward.

I don’t understand all the love for the 2D series of MK like it was even that good. Still has the same issues the 3D ones do when compared to their competition.

Anyways… this new game is alright. Pretty fun, but good thing I didn’t buy it as I can see it getting stale. Superman is fun to play with. Everyone else is boring. And I played it on the 360 which was almost impossible with the D-Pad. My Superman is pretty good though without the infinite, but his freeze, breathe, up up and away combo, to the ground tremor is too good. And Flash is easily stopped by the ground tremor (offline, haven’t played online yet).

Fatality video walkthroughs

Part 1

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=P4zy5hPxZDQ&feature=related

Part 2

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp0NcowSWA4&feature=related

Part 3

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7sfJ2Xf_DrI&feature=related

Part 4

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-V44_lJNRi8&feature=related

No he isn’t…jump, then punish with spin…Flash > gp :woot:

No real answer. It just doesnt. I say, buy it. I BELIEVE its worth your hard earned pennies.

MK1 and MK4 (allbeit 2.5d) werent all that great, but UMK3 and MKII are definitely the best of all the MK’s (MKvDC being the 3rd best IMO)

Give it a chance, and UMK3 will grow on you.

Agreed. Ground Pound out of the blue isn’t very good IMO. It has a slight chance of working against a turtle every now and then, and maybe a little better to catch somebody landing after jumping far away for no reason, but good players rarely do things that will lose to GP.

GP is very good as a combo finisher. Even without the infinite, it gets good damage, frame and spacing advantages.

Flash seems to have the edge over Superman because Sups needs more anticipation skills on the match. Guessing right for an uppercut or the shoulder thingy can end in a ground pound and positional advantage. But in my experience most of the fight goes like fighting Magneto. Superman needs to outthink his opponent and make good use of breakers to regain control.

Just trying to start some strat talk

Without that infinite, Superman is 4 or 5 on the tier list.

Flash, Darkseid, Green Lantern are definitely above Superman, minus that glitch inf.

Just when I thought I was understanding the game, I lost to a Shao Kahn online that was just spamming that shoulder dash move. Iuse Sups. When we were in close, I could stop his start with crouched LP, but once he got a little far he would trade or win against everything, and trades are in his favor damage-wise. I don’t have Shao Kahn offline, but online that move seemed completely safe. Any advice on what to do?

And Isaac, where did you get frame data?

there has to be a hierarchy for everyone to be able to find and stay focused with what they want so it’s no surprise Mk gets treated the way it does

and the game is probably bare bones so they can put all their effort into the game, then release tons of DLC

Fighting games usually release demos well after releases. Or Midway is currently in a financial twist at the moment to care.

The Chicago UMK3 scene has survived more time than any other scene for any other game from any other company. The game is playec competitively to this date in countries such as Dminican Republic and Venezuela (insert your racist bad taste joke here). It has a following online that probably beats any game on GGPO in numbers. It has at least two competitive forums in English, and probaby others in diferent languages. And all those players aren’t morons who didnt grow up. They are people who played the game enough to recognize its depth and advance it.

I’m not UMK3 biggest fan, but comments like that really get on my nerves. It’s like some DoA guy coming here to say that all Capcom fighters suck because they’re too limited without side steps and boobs.

I heard Valle played a little MKA, which is crappy, but fun in a way. The point is that if a top player like him doesn’t waste time hating, why would a complete nobody like you or me do so?

Now go watch some Naruto or do some other really grown up shit.

lol good stuff man.

To be completely honest with you, this game is very fun. I really have disliked every Mortal Kombat game I’ve played. Well except for UMK3. But overall, I though all of the games were limited, even way back in the days. However, this game just offer some intense matches and there does seem to be strategy and mindgames involved in the gameplay. I saw this really good match on youtube, and it looked very sick.

The breaker system can't be abused, the raged system can't be abused, the combos do allow for creativity, but aren't super broken.  The game may not be the most balanced or deepest game out there, but it certainly is fun.  I don't own the game, but I got a chance to play the game last week when I visited a friend of mines.  I can't say anything bad about it.  Sure, I'm sure 1 player mode is pretty boring, but it's really fun to play with another person.

I have to salute Ed Boon and company for making a really exciting game. I actually feel like I want to step up my game on this and practice my Joker.

Edit: [media=youtube]Irmbndv1THo[/media]

Not sure about what level these guys are at, but this match was actually very exciting to watch.