MORTAL KOMBAT 11 | NetherRealm Fighter Lounge

I was just watching Maximillian playing MP on PS4 and showing major stutter and saying that the PS4 netcode sucks … only to realize that HE was playing off of his wifi connection instead of his hardwire. Once he switched to hardwire, no stutter and connections to most everyone went from red bars to green. He was just minutes from declaring to all of his followers that the PS4 netcode sucked and telling everyone to pass on buying the PS4 game. Then he figures out that the bad experience was mostly his own fault.

I’m not saying that the netcode is perfect because it is certainly not; his wifi playing experience was horrible and cross-country play was spotty even on hardwire. Still, I’m glad that Max figured out his connection problem before making a final negative declaration to all of his followers because he has so much influence in the fgc.

But that is Tekken notation, isn’t it?

I dunno. I turned negative edge off and was still doing stuff wrong. Using Ermac, I would do BP, BP, QCB+FP and still getting BP’s out.
I played one online match and my FP, FP, B+BP was always coming out FP,FP,FP

So who is everyone maining? I’ve only played and probably stick with Scorpion, I wanna try Goro but I probably won’t use him so not buying. I actually had no intention of buying this game.

Wanna get some juicy damaging combos before going online. Then ill go scrub hunting for points since the game is new haha.

Most combo videos I see all start with a jump in and a corner. Bruh, the whole match isn’t gonna take place there.

If I get bored of scorpion, I may go with Sub Zero or Kung Lao.

Square= Left Punch / 1
Triangle = Right Punch / 2
X = Left Kick / 3
Circle = Right Kick / 4

Ji2 = Jump in + Right Punch / 2

Well I havent touched MK since UMK3, but a lot of those fun juggles and high damage combos used a corner. Just like MvC, theyd show some fancy ass stuff but the requirements and setup not that practical.
I’ve gone Ermac so far as he was my man in UMK3. I definitely need to research some more for these combos. So many look like it might juggle and I don’t know if I’m just missing the timing or can’t be done. Like FP,FP, B+BP does a little knock up. I didnt think telekinetic grab would work so I used push. Then later tried some more and it does work.
And dont forget you have the different styles. So now the kinetic slam is an air lift and holds them up. Now I have to find what is optimal in that case. then try other styles to see whats useful there.
Definitely adds some interesting options. and now I know what the damn icon means next to some moves, only for that style.
Story mode Kotal I didnt understand his command grab, weak damage. 2nd time i did it, had more parts, and 3rd time even longer. I dont know if it’s explained but wasnt a command or anything i did, just 1st 2nd and 3rd time that move is done, it gets longer and more damage. definitely an interesting mechanic.

Ermac had a style mentioning souls. took me a bit to realize its the orbs floating around me. i thought i was looking for something on them. but didnt say they auto regenerate or was triggered off a move to recharge either on hit or whiff.

Has anyone tried out Goro? Am I missing much since I didn’t pre order it?

We’ve kind of all given up hope by now that there will ever be another good competitive MK game haven’t we? I’ve not played MKX, but the gameplay looks so bad…

He seems ok. One of the towers was to use only him and it was interesting.
But I havent played much in years. All I know is I did ok with everyone in storymode so far except Kotal khan. I had to do a few retries with him.

I can’t remember for the life of me what a good BnB percentage is. I’ve found an easy 37% into standing reset and a mid-screen 30% standing reset for 1 bar BnB so far but I’m still clueless if that’s even decent.

I’ve gone up to 35 with scorpion, no meter. So I guess that’s good.

Still looking for stuff, have a 32% no bar midscreen but can’t beat that 37% in the corner without spending bar yet. I’m just looking for no bar BnBs to hop online with to get some games in, the netcode from the 3 games I’ve played is stable and works just as well as Injustice, so it feels playable to me.

Fixed that for you

I didnt play MK9 a whole but WTF is with the Stance button? Am I missing something?
I was concerned with modding a 6 button stick vs an 8 as I am not fond of 8. And now it seems Interact and grab are combinations of buttons but Stance is independant?
So you only really need 5 to play?

I’m not quite sure but I think the stance change was put in for people who like their character to face a certain way or it could make it where certain attacks have different frame data properties depending on which way the character is facing. The latter is pure speculation though.

Mind sharing the inputs?

Scorpion most likely, but it’s way too early to say for me right now. I’m just dabbling with all kinds of characters and play Scorpion in ranked.
Gonna be either Scorpion or Kano I guess, if both suck I just pick whatever I think is strong and fun to play.

I’ll have to hit the lab again, hopefully if I’m not too tired after work. Can’t quite remember the 35%, it started

A 33% one is quite simple. If I remember correctly… Inferno:

2, 1, 3, b+4, 2, 1, b+3, j.2, 2, 1, 3, b+4.

Thanks. I understand the Tekken notation but I got tripped up by Ji2 and the abbreviations of the move names.

I started with Erron Black but I’m having trouble with his combos. So I moved to Kotal(Sun) but I get zoned to death. Now I’m trying out Kenshi(Balanced).

[details=Spoiler]Raiden becomes Shao Kahn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T26Eh7hHAps

Kotal Kahn becomes Raiden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JxObsg6c_Q

Liu Kang becomes Shinnok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mNGtv4uVaU

Quan Chi becomes Scorpion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FWbm_CY2Gk[/details]

Wonder if Japanese players or Justin Wong will play this…

Here are character specific forums