MORTAL KOMBAT 11 | NetherRealm Fighter Lounge

Grand Finals now!!! Winner gets $7,500

1st to 5!!!

Still piss I canā€™t find this thread :ā€™(

Another guy pointed out to me once you are LOGGED IN, the you have to click ā€œall categoriesā€ at the bottom of the main page.
The Mortal Kombat section is then shown in the Strategy Zone under Categories. Yeah it is a huge hassle to find this thread/section tbh.

Sub-Zero, Takeda and Scorpion are the first characters iā€™m going to try out, Cassie is looking less and less fun.
Kung Lao might also be cool considering iā€™m playing Yun lol, though i hate the old man look. Have to first get his Alternate Costume.

Did you guys ever try bookmarking the page so that whenever anyone posts, you get on a heads up when youā€™re logged in.

Mortal Kombat will eclipse Street Fighter once again. This is the 1990s all over again!!!

Spoiler

sucks that Quan Chi dies as being official canon. Also, Liu Kang and Kitana are the new rulers of the Netherrealm.

Just give me the UMK3 cast with new mechanics.

Is anyone gonna be playing on Xbone? I pre ordered digitally so Iā€™d get to play two hours before midnight. :#

This thread better not be as dead as it is now when the game finally drops. Itā€™d be cool if we could compile a list of active players in the OP.

For unknown reasons my wife preordered the Kollectors Edition for XB1, so Iā€™ll be on tomorrow afternoon. Work and have to pick it up.
Sheā€™s not a gamer, hence this has puzzled me.

Iā€™ll add you when I get home then. Or feel free to add me, my GT is in the sig.

MKX needs character forums.

Cause you got a dope wife.

And to Martian, thereā€™s gonna be a split between XB1/PC/PS4 on top of the netcode probably sucking. Iā€™ll be on training for a day or two before I jump online figuring out the highest damage combos with Cassie, she looks pretty fun. Good idea on the list of players though, maybe a separate thread soley for the purpose of setting up games with other players? Not sure, but itā€™d be nice if we could get something going like the Xrd thread, they set up lobbies and matches a bunch over in there.

MK needs a forum that is actually visible. If you guys didnā€™t bump this thread I wouldnā€™t have found it.
Or a fucking thread in FGD.

Anyone else feels like inputs are pretty strict compared to MK9 and can anyone figure out actually damaging combos with Scorpion or anyone else?
Iā€™ve been trying a bit but damage scaling seems to be pretty high and my execution is ass.

Btw. Iā€™m on PS4 and got an actually good record in terms of w/l holy shit day 1 new fighting games are a scrub fest.
I love it!

Watch over some of the Fatal8 to see some decent damage conversion and mix-up with Scorpion, I think KIT was playing him? His teleport looks like it can concert into a decent chunk of life. Iā€™ll get back to you on the execution feeling different, stuck at work for the moment.

Aside from that that, I fucking love when FGs are brand new. Nobody knows what theyā€™re doing and matches are fun when you have two people clueless on their characters, or when you see someone stunt on you for 50% for the first time.

Meh, I watched those Fatal8 matches and now playing myself I realize that MIT canā€™t do anything I canā€™t either and that his combos are trashcan. He just had a day or so to find some basic mixup and 20-30% combos.
One thing I really like about the game is how good down+2 is as an anti-air and how much damage that shit does. You can wreck people online with good fundamentals right now.

Floe is really good on Kenshi and that Spider Lady for a day 1 player right now.
Got some good combos and mixups considering the small amount of time he had with the game.

He picks up games within hours heā€™s incredibly talented at that, problem is he gets overshadowed once the game has developed, ha. Still like watching him on the first couple of days for games, watched him for Xrdā€™s release too.

Let me know if Cassie is similar to Harley Quinn at all, they look vaguely similar. I was a mad Quinn loyalist in Injustice with Killer Frost as a close second towards the end. Iā€™ll probably give everyone in the cast a try, combos in NRS games are usually fairly easy to pick up and perform. Takeda looks pretty interesting too.

Got to only play for a minute . Like cassy cage ,bug girl, Only one of my chars to move on is ermac. Seems interesting. Miss Scarlet

Whatā€™s everybody using for their stick layouts? If playing with a stick.

I just came on to ask the same. I played MK 1, 2 and UMK3 A LOT in the old days and didnt touch anything until MK9, which I played only on a pad for singleplayer, so for MK im only used to the old original layout.
What are the buttons used?
I was going to dual mod my TE but I never liked it having 8 face buttons. So debating to do my old dreamcast agetec instead with just 6 buttons.
But still, put block on top left or top middle?

Iā€™m with the dood about making it visible. Iā€™ll probably hold off a bit before buying, wanna know peopleā€™s opinions though. Got no damn stick for Xbox One.