Montreal August Thread 2004

Smokey is da shit :confused: I should practice again to beat your ass :lame:

It was nice to finally meet the MTL ppl. Itā€™s a shame though how you guys couldnā€™t play ur best cuz of the sticks, oh well good games.

Nice job at the tourney singles though huh Victoire haha
Neway you guys are cool ppl hope to see ya guys again maybe at NEC5 or sometime. :slight_smile:

I had fun, even if we were playing on Japanese sticks. Too many funny things happened over this weekend, Iā€™ll probably write a short log when I wake up in the morning.

Hereā€™s a picture Justin (Nagata Lock II) took of Team MTL. People who are missing in that picture are Rene, Victoire, Samnang and Sopheak.

lol,was that picture taken ar orbit or some arcade in montreal?..eyes are all red,you guys look like the vampire squad :lol: .Anyways gongrats to the montrealā€™ers for making it far,shit if you guys canā€™t play on the japanese sticks as good as the american ones then what do you call that kind of play at orbit?..lol you guys played just like every other good player at orbit.

This is Ex_Matt posting. I agree with you guys that the sticks werent good. Unless youā€™re used to playing on them then i guess they were but most people werent. Personally I couldnt combo into super to save my life.

I wanted to play you guys more but the tournament ran so late and i didnt stick around for casual.

GGā€™s to whoever i played In tournament play.

Thanks to lars for bringing my hat :smiley:

I Love Montreal :]

Hey ppl
who won?
where are the results?
i saw the jap arcade stix thing. that sucks cause last MTL tourney we had. Mtl ppl placed good :open_mouth: least from what i can remember.

Also, anyone playing isuka? im having my ps2 copy this week. looking for ppl to play with :o

Moi je retourne au next UN cest clair.

Cool I win MVC2

HAHA! You guys enjoyed UN that much eh? Itā€™s a pretty fun time when you have a lot of people. You guys actually did what we never doā€¦ play games that arenā€™t SF related. :lol: Maybe next time Iā€™ll have to look into this crazy non SF UN and see if itā€™s more fun.

In case you guys donā€™t read the results thread, I just wanted to thank you all for coming out. Specificallyā€¦

Alex: Thanks for helping me collect money. I hope everything goes well with your Grandmother.

Rene: Iā€™m sorry our match didnā€™t happen. You were much fun to yap with (quickly as it was) and I hope if you do come back for UN we can do our match at METRO.

Freddy: This guy is like the Beckham of Montreal, complete with the hair on the Saturday. Youā€™ve got the best Cammy Iā€™ve ever come across.

Lars: You stopped me from qualifying but you also gave me the best match I played the entire weekend. Much respect to your skills.

Will: YOU BASTARD! Never have I come across someone who interrupts my tournaments for casual play more than you. HAHA!

Prez: Someday Iā€™ll take you down. I enjoyed the few matches we had. Your Rolento tore me up the whole weekend. Itā€™s just too random. Congrats on co winning the Team Tournament.

Tony: A truly nice guy. You are a beast in Alpha 3 and it was a joy taping you vs Watson on Saturday night. Please make sure to drop me the picture of the TOSF guys from the Sunday evening.

Veasna: We didnā€™t get to talk outside of ā€œVEASNA! WAIT AT THAT CABINET NEXT SET!ā€ All the props in the world for your skills in CvS2. I was scared thinking you were going to beat our boy Roger. Next time around, just jump back and hit Roundhouse when the headbutt comes. Itā€™s all you need. :wink:

Iā€™m sorry if I donā€™t mention anyone else. I didnā€™t get to meet everyone. Much respect for making the drive and showing us Toronto folks a thing or ten about SF.

ā€¦

Thanks for coming guys, MTL made the tourney alot more fun! I wish we could have played t5 at a different arcade too, trust me I hate those little toy orbit joysticks! Just gotta give out my respect for the most part to Samnang!! HOLYSHIT that guy is a fucking beast!! If you give him an american joystick I can guarantee his blackheart could destroy anyone!! Respect to Arcade kid, will, rene, veas, seb, freddy, prez my west indian homeboy, temujin (that outrun 2 shit was hot), lars, victoire, and the whole mtl crew.

T5 Log

We had three cars going to Toronto, by far the most Montreal players going to a tournament in a long time.

Car 1 ā€œBrood Crewā€: Veasna, Victoire, Rene, Sopheak, Temujin (honorary member!).

Car 2 ā€œThe 160km/h Crewā€: Phoun, William, Prez, Fred.

Car 3 ā€œThe Cup Of Life Crewā€: Seb, Alex, me.

Samnang and his friend took the bus to Toronto.

Road Trip to T.O. highlights:
-Deciding to stay up the night before so I could sleep in the car, itā€™s impossible to sleep more than 2 hours in a car.
-Stopping off for food in a random small Ontario village where everybody knows each others names.
-Seb deciding he is going to play like a hippie in CvS2. Use hippie looking characters, play p-groove and only parry. No violence.
-Alex shouting French obscenities while ordering food at Subway since nobody spoke French.
-Listening to ā€œMusic Of The World Cup France 98ā€ and blasting Ricky Martin - The Cup Of Life.
-Alex sticking his head out the window and screaming at cars or staring at people in cars.
-Getting to T.O. and asking for directions to Pacific Mall at a gas station, getting specific directions from a random guy and then see him getting in a company van of a company that designs maps of Toronto, too good.
-Driving down Younge street to P-Mall, did you know it is the longest street in the world? It goes all the way to Alaska (Herny knowledge).
-Finally arriving at our destination.

First night T.O. highlights:
-Getting to Orbit and meeting the TOSF crew again and all the other people from SRK.
-Shouting for Montreal players in the CvS2 / 3S team tournaments.
-Prez stealing Gordon from the team of Ken and Dennis.
-Leaving Orbit at closing time and then having this ultra random black guy follow us around until we got outside. Nobody knew who he was, but somehow he ended up sleeping in our motel room.
-Going to Country Style for food at 4AM, too funny.
-Everybody beasting on the random black guy in French.
-Seb playing footsies on the floor with the random black guy when everybody was sleeping.

Second day/night T.O. highlights:
-Everybody beasting on the random black guy in French in the morning.
-Eating top tier food for lunch at P-Mall (thanks Xiao!).
-Phoun ordering #60 but the lady at the restaurant understood #16.
-Having fun playing and watching the CvS2 / 3S tournaments throughout the day.
-William filming hot fob girls in P-Mall.
-Beasting the same restaurant we ate lunch at.
-Unlimited Night at Orbit, too good.
-Watching Rene prove he is a hacker in Gunbound.
-Watching Rene prove he is a hacker in Counter-Strike.
-Watching Rene prove he is a hacker in WarCraft.
-Samnang winning MvC2!
-Leaving Orbit for the night, seeing the ultra random black guy waiting outside. Rushing back inside Orbit and coming out five minutes later and seeing him talking with another group of people while they were leaving, suckers!
-Replacing random black guy with Reagan.
-Waiting at Burger King.
-Getting to the hotel room and just chilling.
-Trying to sleep while Reagan was making cat sounds, too funny.

Final day in T.O. highlights:
-Beasting the same restaurant we beasted all weekend.
-Table tennis tournament in P-Mall.
-Finishing the CvS2 / 3S tournaments.

Thank you Justin for organizing T5. I had lots of fun.

Everyone from #TOSF, good seeing you all again.

LOL!!!

Ya the ultra random black guy just shows up places

I dont know if you knew but we call him that. Reading your post was funny as hell because he does just show up places and no one knows how he gets there.

HAHA sounds like a kick ass trip :slight_smile:
wish i could had been there to play ggxx.
Is anything coming up soon for montreal/NY OR edmonton area?
OR its all done already?

Wow never seen so many Mtl players come down!

Prez fucking forcing me to join A3, then tries to coach Gerjay into eliminating meā€¦jerk :smiley:

Tony holding his own against Watson in A3. Those matches were pretty exciting to watch, even though I didnā€™t know what the fuck was going on.

Veasna OCVā€™D me in my Poolā€¦but I still qualify :smiley:

Alex tearing me up in final 16. Fucking P groove.

Samnangā€™s Black heart is a fucking beast. Iā€™m quitting marvel forever now.

Lars, too bad I didnā€™t get to play you in 3rd strike. I want my revenge :mad:

Rene, that horse game is the shit eh? lol

CvS2 Finals was fucking awesome. Even though I saw Veasna missing stuff on the jap sticks.

Anyways, thanks for coming down guys, hope to see you guys soon.

P.S. Honda STILL owns MTLā€¦remember the CvS team tourny Reagen and Tony? lol

Later,

Kin ā€œkymahā€ Mah

hereā€™s some pics

some more picsā€¦ hey are the rest of the guys back yet ?

they played cards with watson and paul lee from 2am till 11am sunday night and I think they lost lolā€¦

Thanks to all the mtl peeps who made it down to T5. Your all good players. Thanks to Prez for teaching me new tatics n stratagies. Fred is a beast in cvs2. I never played a kyo that good before. Vaesnas rc sakura is too good. i hate that rc huricane kick set he does. I hope you guys hold a mtl tournament like you did last year. Hope to see you all then. Peace

Thanks for coming downā€¦ The montreal folk made the T5 experience more enjoyable. Most of yā€™all were cool guysā€¦ Shout outs to Freddy Loco, Tony, Prez and Manaboy (Almost had you.)

P.S. Next time when you hold a montreal tournament let the sauga people know as well.

Iā€™m also known as Shu.

Ferme ta bouche! :smiley: