Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

So…a slightly less drizzly shit.

The fact that there are some options that are even worse doesn’t make it a good option.

Why? Because she was just Cammy with a couple spear specials?

If they actually made her into a real playable fighter, I would hope they would give her a new moveset based around her spear, and then just replace her fight in ASF with the new version.

Same with Jianyu and Xianyu. A nunchuck user and a real bo staff user are things that deserve to have their own fleshed out movesets. And not some weird swapping gimmick where each character only gets half a moveset.

If we were going to get one, that would be my choice as well.

aba

Summary

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Guille_GAG/status/1362829903050248195?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1362829903050248195|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

https://twitter.com/YoungPook707/status/1362826729778155521?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1362826729778155521|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

1 Like

Yeah the problem is there is already a negative impression, and still people will look into it that She is a quick work/rushed choice and lazy because of they already encounter her as an NPC in cinematic mode even if her specials are remade and tweaked a lot.

The reason I want them cooperating is to give an impression that they need to work together to match a street fighter. and also a throwback to the dramatic mode.

But Yeah the best of everyone is Noembelu

1 Like

Ryu has never looked more korean

2 Likes

I seen much worse, but still a tragedy.

2 Likes

Ryu doesn’t look particularly bad imo…Chun Li on the other hand…

2 Likes

Not ugly but Ryu looks a different person lol

1 Like

Exactly, they dont look bad just… Not them

1 Like

In a world where Dan and Poison are Street Fighters, this is nonsense.

I hope that the judgement on Dan is retcon and turned into mis0information in a shadaloo data. Or a misunderstanding on him.

Which would turn him into the student of Gouken that is most most terrible in executing ansatsuken techniques instead. That doesn’t turn him into a terrible fighter or along the weakest link.

But instead him improvising himself by incorporating some of the techniques he learned from watching his father final fight. That would be an interesting backstory that can easily be implemented to his character.

Which makes him not terrible and bad as a fighter but only a terrible ansatsuken practitioner instead.

That fix his character in someway and makes his encounter in the past relevant in someway. This is my fix and opinion for his character to grow and the excuse would be him being misrepresented instead in past.

It would be interesting also that he would beat Adon or something that Adon and Dan would have a interesting conflict to make his character seems relevant.

While Poison in Street Fighter should have been the more of a meet up in her encounter rather than a real serious fight like her beating someone should not be a canon other than having light engagement but not a real duel.

This is my fix and workaround to her character.

Hugo with Poison in the future should had been the effective and reasonable transition of Chang with Choi in CVS2 for a street fighter game. But Capcom can’t afford making Poison a secondary character because of her popularity and being along the most wanted characters.

https://twitter.com/2Dee4ever/status/1363070118817751048

I remember dual assaults

Dumb.

His the worst ansatsuken he could still be the worst practioner.

But not the worst fighter.

@darthende
Cmon, Does anyone need to be a good student of Gouken to make them relevant as a fighter.

Keeping Dan the worst and bottom tier fighter in SF is makes it really bad because he always been a playable character in many version and iteration of street fighter.

We got now Rival Schools, characters like Rufus, Birdie, Hugo, Poison, and tons of characters that are either self thought or learned fighting based on surrounding while Dan had a piece of experience directly with Gouken compare to others.

There is nothing beneficial of his impression being the bottom tier fighter to everyone except it’s just being a running gag. That age poorly. It’s nonsense and contradicting to how Capcom tries to make him special lately.

The other irony is that Capcom keep on improving Dan specials and making his special interesting and sometimes better than other shoto that mocks him for not being a better ansatsuken practitioner like Ryu or Ken.

The only thing it values is consistency with the outdated gag but it’s a gag that is not formally address by Capcom and not straight up detailed and known in SF universe that everyone address it. Other than a selected few like Sakura, Gouken and those that are SHOTO.

It makes no-sense because his not a PURPOSELY DESIGNED HANDICAP CHARACTER anymore and everyone wants Dan to be playable while Capcom keeps on making him look interesting to play with. poor non-sense

The only thing that values it is the outdated gag that only address by the few.
It can be just turned or retcon into something that Sakura makes fun of DAN and jokes about Dan. It’s because she manage to quickly copy the ansatsuken combat techniques.

And the likes Sakura and Sean judge Dan terribly because they are a fan of Ryu and Ken that Dan’s combat techniques aren’t directly similar to Ryu or Ken which they see as a standard.

The retcon would be: It’s just a matter of point of view to the likes of Sakura and Sean’s to see Dan is inferior. But in reality an inferior just to Ryu and Ken which they valued but not to every existing street fighter that are either playable and non-playable.

So Capcom need to retcon Dan from lowest bottom tier to be now seen and written ambiguous.

Making him serious would defeat his purpose. He was created as a parody/joke.

3 Likes

So, A Guilty Gear character is coming to Samurai Shodown (2019).

Seems like SNK is raising its profile. Yeah, now I think there’s a chance we could have a KOF character in SFV or viceversa.

If it’s Johnny, my hype shall be immense

Most GGers would not fit though

Anji Mito or Baiken would be best picks to not ruin the SS atmosphere

https://mobile.twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1363386095271088129?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1363386095271088129|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventhubs.com%2Fnews%2F2021%2Ffeb%2F21%2Fstreet-fighter-vshift-tutorial%2F