Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Another fucking guest character…

You are rapidly headed towards fucking DBFZ-territory with these shitty roster picks SamSho!

1 Like

Yeah mostly likely Anji or Baiken for SS. Cant imagine it will be testament or anything lol

2 Likes

Baiken and Nageroyuki or whatever his name is, are the most rumored.

I hope it’s Baiken, she’s one of my 5 all-time favorite female characters in Fighting games (the others are King and Blue Mary from SNK; Ibuki from Street Fighter; and Ruriy from XDZW).

2 Likes

I hope it’s not Nagoryuki. As much as I hate all the guest characters, they’ve at least been somewhat era-appropriate so far. And Nagoryuki wears, like, cyber armor and weapons and shit.

1 Like

Who knows.

Remember when Lars from Tekken appeared in a Naruto game?

They modified his outfit/design so he could fit better.

I think there’s a chance they could do slight attunements to those designs too.

But I hope it’s Baiken. She fits.

Watched Dan’s story, no Sean at all even though he fucking goes to Brazil. This writing team are hopeless.

I’m at work, will play this evening
Just read Ryu changes
Will be difficult walk today with this never-ending erection

they finally put ryu in sfv

What they did to Ryu? Is it good?

https://twitter.com/ryo_redcyclone/status/1363765246578491397
ROTFL. If you repeatedly crouch, Dan starts doing squats!

4 Likes

Dan’s pretty fun, here’s a quick run down:

-Dan’s story is simple but fun. He’s moping around about no new students to himself, scares some school girls with his hilariously over the top faces as he finds the Blanka-chan dolls, decides he needs to captialize on this idea. Cracks the glass and runs off, Sakura chases him and they fight. After the fight Dan bums some cash from Sakura, then we get SF2 map screen as he flies to Brazil and fights Jimmy. There’s some great little moments between Dan and Jimmy. Dan keeps saying they’re both using Sakikyo style and calling Blanka-chan creepy, but Jimmy’s getting a bit annoyed at that. Dan crafts and mas produces Saikyo boy dolls. The end. Goofy bit of fun

In arcade mode I fought Rashid on 2nd level, got here comes a new challenger with Sakura after.

Dan’s final boss is G.

Quotes

Dan vs Ibuki: Stabbin’ someone in the head with a kunai is not cool! That woulda been deadly for anyone else!

Dan vs Juri: Really leanin’ hard into that psychopath shtick, huh? I’d dial it back a little, sister.

Dan vs Kolin: Your moves are freezin’ cold…! Hey, y’know, the Saikyo Dojo needs an air conditioner…

Dan vs Charlie: Don’t take this the wrong way, but you kinda look like a zombie. You okay?

Dan vs Vega: King of a borin’ mask you got there, chief. If you want, I can get you a WAY cooler one!

Dan vs Sagat: Some emperor you are. Consider my father avenged!

Dan vs G: President of the World, huh? I’m Dan Hibiki of Saikyo fame! But you knew that already.

G vs Dan: It is no contradiction to say we can all the the strongest! I am here to prove that!

Dan’s ending: he thinks he beat G, in his thought bubble we see all the bosses, blanka and others training under G, but G totally beat him up in reality and says “That’s quite the imagination you’ve got, citizen.”

3 Likes

Dan’s awesomeness knows no limits

Is incredible the amount of pure love they put on making this char

1 Like

Love stuff like this, give them chance to furter define characters

4 Likes

Uh?

Code Nostalgia Dan goes like this (but other arm)

I was looking at the select screens on arcade mode, and though it will either make the alpha select screen off balance, or the last character is someone who was in only sf4 and sfa somehow… Oro fills out the one on sf3, rose fills out one of two empty spots on sf4, but unbalances sfa unless another alpha character evens out the other side.

Maybe Akira is added to Alpha since rival schools was around the alpha era of games, and that makes the last character more possible to be a sf4 original character

But maybe they dont care about the select screen balance in arcade mode…

2 Likes

I love how they’re mostly in order of character creation.

2 Likes

One of the Dolls (Decapre) could be a perfect fit if Akira doesn’t make into the Alpha ladder (which I believe is the case).

I wonder if Eleven will have a story mode (they gave him stats such as height and weight) or even be part of the SF3 and SF5 ladder.

He mentions that he won the latest championship tournament. I wonder which tournament was that.

Emperor? Didn’t Capcom mentions that Sagat was a ‘King’… geeez!

LOL. That screams SF3-3rd Strike Sean ending.

What about his SFA and 4 ladder ending?

4 Likes

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!
In the English version, Dan WON the (unspecified) tournament.
In the original Japanese, he PARTICIPATED ACTIVELY in the (still unspecified) tournament.
So he DIDN’T even win it, whatever it was…

4 Likes

LOL even Mika does the squats. Well, at least in her case it’s fitting.
https://twitter.com/ryo_redcyclone/status/1363843380069822467

4 Likes