Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

first it’s capcom internally then the twitter at the last part

1 Like

Juri fans on horny twitter don’t even own SFV.

1 Like

Would have been cool have it like

4 costumes
Capcom pick: 1 male 1 female
People vote: 1 male 1 female

Btw Capcom still did’nt announced the result despite the voting being public, so maybe we will not see double Juri… even if was their fault to begin with pick 2 Juris in their terrible top10 selection

I guess two possibilities are Juri-Sakura (second most voted char) or Juri-Alex (most voted male)

1 Like

They put two Juri costumes in the contest for a reason. Juri has a lot of costumes already. Somebody’s buying them. Like I said, if it was based on play percentage we’d have a shit ton of Ryu, Ken, and Akuma costumes. Because they’ve been in the top 3 in play percentage since they’ve all been available. You can check the data at CFN.

1 Like

I do too!

LOL even the last faith on them did’nt lasted much, they truly picked double Juri
https://www.eventhubs.com/images/2020/sep/04/sf5-costume-contest-winners/

Capcom division already did their pick and that’s the candidates before posting it to twitter.

It’s the Capcom finalist choices that is a missed.

So, most Juri fans basically clicked Like on both of her outfits, resulting in getting first and second place, I guess.

3 Likes

chances are yes, that’s why twitter voting is a bad idea and it should be at their website like the character polls.

Other than that, I didn’t expect designers to be so stupid and unoriginal with the amount of “mecha-SF characters” looking like Mega Man characters. That’s been done like seventeen million times.

2 Likes

lol

Nice a new thread! This just popped up on my Twitter. I’m glad our SF story research is reaching out to overseas fans now.
https://twitter.com/ryo_redcyclone/status/1302791371778961408?s=21

10 Likes

Just read the entire timeline, I am curious to know…In what part of SFV is the info that retconned back the events of Akuma killing M. Bison instead of the later exploding himself as we saw in those aftermaths clips from SFIV?

Our only hint is that they are ignoring that the two met or know each other. Yet in very modern reiteration of SF2 Bison is still being quick worked by Akuma.

Yet it isn’t a consideration because it had no other character from the other series making it like it’s a universe of it own. Compare that to SF4 Aftermath that really picks up where SF4 had left and it had connection from Seth and Viper.

I prefer the SF4 aftermath it makes sense and that’s the better of Bison making him look powerful because everyone gangs against him. Compare to what SFV Shadow falls is with one on one with Ryu. The battle is still meh.

To be honest, If it is the case that Akuma SGSin Bison was retconned back, I am happy it is that way then. To me that was kind of an iconic moment in the SF lore that I replayed in my mind many times (from the days of the old plot guide, an of course SSF2T)

The whole Bison killng himself while fighting the warriors always came up to me as way to Anime Cliche-esque. I mean, to each their own as I dont critize anybody liking that, just was not my thing.

3 Likes

It’s bad ass. It’s the time that Akuma was something more and better, The time Akuma aims for the greatest warrior and worthy opponents than what he had become now being someone that trying to convince and prove himself to Ryu. lol

I don’t mind having that back.

Bison is also proving and convincing Ryu in SFV shadow falls lol. Seth did it better in the ties that bind haha.

I’ve been away from the forums due to vacations, now I’m back.

I’ve noticed that Midgardsorm has dropped a bunch of weighty boulders full of trivia on the stuff that inspired Street Fighter.

6 Likes

Well, yeah, gotta be honest, seeing AVGN knows very little about Street Fighter lore made me lose quite a bit of respect for him.

Also for seeing how basic his gameplay style/habits look, and how easily he dismisses Street Fighter III (21:10):

Yeah, he’s that kind of dude that always picks Ryu and knows nothing but the “hadouken, hadouken, jumping HK, crouching HK” game style.

Sorry, it’ll probably be too immature from me, but seeing someone that has kind of made a career out of video games not knowing (or be interested) enough into Street Fighter yes, it makes me lose a lot of respect for him.

2 Likes

@Midgardsorm: I finally caught up with the last major post you made in the last thread, as usual amazing stuff! Astounded by all your info once again dude! It’s always cool to see the origin of such iconic moves, and dang, didn’t know about Honda’s technique controversy!

I’m a huge Superman fan, so the Clark Robinson stuff is vastly entertaining. I am LOVING the counter where he takes Ricki’s punch and turns it into a handshake, that’s something I’d gladly give to G (or a super mellow, “no strings on me”, Q)

Crap, that muscle control being Muscle power, the origin of Reno_SF2V-Charlie? That’s some deep pulling, well done dude!

2 Likes

I lol’d.

12 Likes