Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

There are two characters that are nearly complete.

Juli and Decapre.

but it’s unlikely that they would make those as straight playable characters with just minor tweaks to avoid negative criticism even they were just bonus.

People see them cheap and easy, A CASH GRAB. So automatically judge as lazy, Why? because those are commonly already seen on the likes of MODS.

If those were turned into characters they likely went into major overhaul, but still people would throw negative perception and won’t appreciate the efforts.

Negative ideas are already around with the dolls even the ones with those that have weapons that are not clearly cammy clones of playstyle anymore

When turning a NPC to a playable character in a fighting game… it’s not just giving them CA, costumes, altering 3D model and new flashy animations, but the major time consuming here is fine tuning them to play perfectly with the game mechanics and the rest of the characters(40 plus characters).

There’s a huge difference when an NPC interacts with a playable character and the same thing with a playable character to another playable character.

It’s more flexible to start from scratch. this is why some character aren’t the same as they were played in SF4 because of the gameplay mechanics.

Balance is and gameplay are the most tedious task in a playable fighting game characters, while people always see them in a surface level that is all about visual update and adding stuff. NPC characters didn’t have a thought of being playable in the ground up. So they either became broken, terrible, useless/lowtier(not worth purchasing) or overpowered.

CE has the majority of boss characters in top tier other then boxer that is the most predictable and easy, So land in the bottom.

Take a look at Akuma in ST there are countless remakes and fan tweak to make him playable. Everyone can say Akuma just needs to be this, which could sound better in paper but in reality compare with those people that dedicated time in tweaking it’s never achieved.

It’s not just the cinematic NPC like the dolls but that also includes the stages and those bunch of EXTRA BATTLE exclusive characters.

We had countless season that already past like Season 5 which was meant to be the last but there was no extra battle character and cinematic character even in Season V which was an additional has none either. Because of avoiding those factors and perception.

It’s about playing safe and avoid being complicated.

If they are going for the RISK, when it’s more about monetary possibilities regardless of the backlash, they have been experimenting with this since SFXT, vanilla SFV and MVCi.

They are not going for the RISK because of more content that are easy, cheap and lazy.

They shutdown immediate a project that cost a lot and had tons of backlash regardless the effort they try. like MVCi.

Should have been if story reason was there pick for Dan.

Yeah S1 and base was the build up. Polls had good filtering results when it’s directly from the target audience.

the problem is that they try to confuse people with the characters in S2.

because they try to surprise people by misleading them with silhouettes.

It’s terrible way of promotion to hype something that is to be confused as something else or thought of something else. it’s just setting up for major disappointments that would result to backlash.

the transparency of S3 and what this guy did in Season V is the better route.

I dont mind two extra characters if theyre free and even if theyre based on existing models/pallete swaps.

Btw did anyone else think “Ok, so this is basically S-groove” when they showcased v-shift/attack?

Just gonna say the one “guest character” that I think would be super neat…

Do a guest from the Street Fighter Alpha Movie and give us Rosanov

4 Likes

I was thinking of Dodge in KOF99 and the counter dash like in SVC chaos.

Lol, if they ended on Decapre AGAIN…fucking riots.

Holy shit, no. That character and movie fucking suck.

I’m not a fan of the movie but Rosanov is just fine. Another good big-man in the game would be great AND he isn’t blond

2 Likes

Game needs Damnd

1 Like

Haggar.

3 Likes

I agree with some

• Abigail with Hugo
  • Dan with Sean (even if i like Dan)

On other you said

• G with Q → here i’m fine with G, because i still think G is Q before SF3 timeline

• Lucia with Maki → On paper i’m fine with Lucia over Maki. We already have plenty of young japanese young waifus (we also have already 3 ninjutsu users, one of wich Bushin-Ryu), while Lucia is the only american (USA) woman of SFV (2nd if we count Poison).
    Problem is they did Lucia like shit, but original Lucia (wich in good part they ignored) was a good idea. I liked the tonfa thing too, they could have made it a waaay bigger part of her SFV style, so she could have also filled Maki’s “role” too
    Like have tonfa attacks replace all punches attacks in one VT (think like Cody’s knife)

• Eleven with Necro → problem here is we was clearly never going to get a true character, Eleven is a gimmick that allowed them to do a slot with 1% effort
    I would have appreciate an “echo fighter” skin instead

Actually for my tastes would have LOVED get a “echo fighters” slot that give access to multiple skin-characters
They could have done these (and probably do more money) over some crap costumes they did
Like 5 echo fighters instead 10 crap costumes?
We have a fucking deal

Others kills i would personally do

̶K̶a̶g̶e̶,̶ ̶S̶e̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶F̶a̶l̶k̶e̶
→ Fei Long, Abel, Elena

Even just this 3-char change alone would probably make me see SFV cast as best ever with zero doubts

I also think they should have done greater effort of hype up some new characters like Necalli, Ed and G
Great potential terrible management

Necalli → should have got better writing to make him live up the hype

Ed → more post-Balrog story as head of NeoShadaloo is giant miss
ed opportunity. Reality is he did’nt even needed playable Falke, just better writing and a NeoShadaloo stage with all the crew… will have done immense good to his image

G → hope he get unmasked within these last pieces of SFV, otherwise he’s been giant farce
I’m not much interessed on him as future SF Boss, give me some total new treat

Id replace shitty Ed with Dudley.

Edit: Also imagine final character is someone really amazing and unexpected like Scorpian/Sub Zero

Yeah that’s not just a niche individual point of view but everyone that is entirely updated in gaming news or part of FGC community because they commonly sees MODS that showcased those NPC to be playable.

Some people would say they are okay with a lot of those as long they come free or a bonus. but it would only raise more negative impression and also the “it should have been this” kind of ideas. Plus more tendency to be buggy if it would be a straight port. It’s likely they would used the character but remake it from scratch. So it’s wiser to start from a different new character without the negative perspective being carried upon.

So it’s unlikely to happen.

Chances those would happen(Make 5-NPC fought in storymode to be playable in competitive) is Capcom suddenly would intentional bury SF5 and leave it broken because of being rushed so the community would shift to the soon to be release SF6 and also discourage the competitive community to remain in SF5.

But that still unlikely because of the possible rage on consumers that would be for definitive edition and could also harm SF6 because of credibility of the later product. That’s a possible risk but a very dangerous one.

If they made those NPC fought characters in the storymode playable in a casual mode that is non-competive. People would still rage because of the negative impression and would think the transition of those characters to playable are quick and easy. SO Going back to the It’s wiser to start from a different new character without the negative perspective being carried upon.

People are bound to belittle the amount of work and effort to make those NPC fought in storymode characters became playable. Like they would see them as copy paste work.

There is more work in retooling NPC into playable fighting game characters.

Unless they would choose the Dolls that was never fought directly in battle, same with Sean and Abel. But it doesn’t mean that they are already done with the design.

Even Kolin and Ed was an NPC originally went into a overhaul instead of directly copy paste her model.

But as long people already seen there 3D model appeared in storymode there is always and negative impression of of cheap, easy and lazy. plus like seeing a 3D model was like 50% already done for someone that judge in surface level and doesn’t understand the technicalities. So still people are bound to belittle the amount of work and effort in making those playable.

1 Like

Dudley is the best boxing character SF have, would have welcome him if SFV did’nt had 2 boxers already

Ed was good idea, but should have been developed better under many points of view

If was up to me Ed would have been euro/dutch style kickboxer (boxing+thai style kicks), they could have made him copying the punching from Rog and kicks from Sagat (even if he’s gone)

They made him already throw kicks anyway (even one special), why don’t have it done good

Wich would have left room for one more pure boxer (Dudley) and would have given SF the first euro/international style kickboxer at same time

Don’t put “amazing” and MK shit in same line pls

2 Likes

I still have the impression SFV didn’t sell well, am I right?

If that’s right, I think for the final character, they’ll really have to bring in someone that would skyrocket the sales.

Like, a Tekken or Mortal Kombat guest (yeah, whether you want it or not, Scorpion or Sub-Zero being playable would make sales go skyrocket).

They sold and make it a lot for DLC

I still think there will be a “SFV FINAL EDITION” down the line, with some more new extras, and probably a couple more extra characters.

Because they always bundle everything once more after the game’s ended its cycle.

1 Like

I hope so that they could used them for extras content other than story. especially the extra battle characters. It’s a win win situation for consumers whether cheap in the perspective of others. it’s unlikely those characters would be straight imported as playable but rather be a casual content that is bound to be criticize even it is free. It’s a gamble for Capcom if they would even bother or just leave them that way and just end SFV with compilation of DLC package-in like the usual then call it a day and name it the ultimate definitive version or something close.

There is still a possibility for season(s) after S5 because of we know that SF6 is gonna be from a far far launch and announcement, It’s not something like next year. the chances are if SV would hit a quota that we don’t know. In a 3-4 months is a development period to a characters, So it’s like 6 new characters is a whole year.

I would predict more like, 3 to 4 extra characters.
Like:

• Sodom
  • C. Viper
  • Eleven (revamped, own moves)
  • NEW CHARACTER

If it’d be 6 characters, add Necro, Sean and Goutetsu and keep Eleven as an extra with new moves.

My new season characters wishlist would be

1.) Necro with Effie

Necro would have Effie as a V-Trigger Assist and would appear in his CA
Something like R.Mika

2.) Jianyu with Xiayu
Jianyu would have Xianyu as a V-Trigger Assist and would appear in his CA

Or something that play’s like Chang and Choi in CVS2

A throwback to SFAlpha 3 dramatic battle

3.) Mike Haggar

First crossover and encounter with Zangief in a game

4.) A Delta Red Character

That the whole team appears in the CA like Captain Commando’s Captain Storm

Other teammates assist when using VTrigger

5.) Lee

As a Drunken Master

6.) Sean

First encounter with Sakura and Dan

Never gonna happen and not worth it.

It’s better that they would add Twelve instead if were adding a playable character like Eleven.

4 Likes

Better? Why? Twelve’s gameplay didn’t really work.
And they already have Eleven’s model (sort of).

Anyway, they could be palette swaps of each other, and I think they could easily change the head to have a ‘secret Nostalgia outfit’ where you basically see Twelve.

I dont think the MK characters/lore is necessarily bad. Some of them are my fav characters just never been a fan of any of the games or took any of the games seriously.

Still think alot of them would fit into the SF universe quite nicely.