Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

So that special didn’t suck…

However, Eleven is worthless. He would be fine if he randomized EVERY ROUND like Mokujin…but nope. He’s literally just random select with a mayonnaise-skin for your character.

…yay?

It’s amazing that they were able to screw up something that’s been in Tekken for 2 decades.

Everything else looked real good.

3 Likes

I think they hold up with randomization feature to be not too much because the need to indicate the Vstuff or not being totally clueless every round.

It’s to lessen the time on figuring out a character but more to engage with the match.

Since the nature of modern players in absorbing information is different, the game has also a large amount of characters with selectable Vstuff and the current system of the game isn’t like what the other features of games back in the day.

Especially also in a huge space with more possible area of movement and evasion to avoid being pressured as soon as possible.

Eleven got fired cos he couldnt turn his hand into an axe

4 Likes

I see that the last bits of this season will set up G as something. I think SF6 will mainly wrap up the Illuminati arc and have Alex inherit his destiny while simultaneously building up G’s threat. He’s flourishing without Shadaloo and since Gill used his stream to unveil himself, he’ll only get more focus. No one takes him seriously, but he’s clearly hiding something and
the lyrics that I analyzed for “President of the World”

, show that he wants to control the world so “we don’t have to think for ourselves”. If the Illuminati is damaged, preoccupied or even taken down in SF6, that’s yet another force that’s not in G’s way, so whatever his plans are, he’s not going to be slowed down and share the spotlight with the other badguys. He’s also winning over people, so him using a bit of charm and swooping in while the world is still recovering from ASF and possibly the Illuminati fall out, would be dangerous

Capcom keeps saying and at least in the art, showing that he’s a big deal, but haven’t really presented that in game. We have only 5 characters with stories left and I don’t see G’s weird mystery being matured and then solved by the end of this season without a cinematic mode II. We’re like what, less than a year from 2nd Impact? I don’t see him getting all this press and them saying that there’s still much to learn about G only to wrap it up unceremoniously and quickly hah.

Hopefully G issue gets resolved. Id love to see shin G.

Also imagine if Eleven has 12 costumes all with a slightly different head for the lulz. 12th costume being tweleve of course.

2 Likes

As a boss? Fine.

As the last character slot? FUCK that!

As an extra battle like character but for a storymode not playable would be interesting.

As for Eleven, It’s fine because it is a random select with creativity and effort.

I’ll take Eleven for any ordinary and plain random select character.

People that hates Eleven is just more into another character that is unrelated to random select. which wasn’t intended to be Eleven.

Imagine if Eleven was turned into a character like Twelve or a Cycloid people would rage that it should have been a NPC character instead as a Bonus Character because of the slot being wasted for that character.

I believe Capcom already figure this out an anticipated this early on.

I don’t mind Eleven as a returning as a special random select feature for future games because it shows that your playing in a handicap roulette and giving a advantage to your opponent. It’s not about style or appeal but a clear indicator.

Eleven doesn’t need to be an actual like Soul Edge’s Inferno

Eleven belongs to the category of this two

A gameplay mechanic that show technicality of randomselect feature.

Eleven was also a huge step outside from marionette and shadow from vampiresavior that people can see a clear visual indicator.

The only thing missing is an intro and a defeated animation.

To make it perfect.

Imagine if Eleven was just a portrait and a name but ends up you still playing a same character looking normal in match basically it doesn’t show any strong visual indicator in playing in that state.

So making the character that Eleven morphs into retains the color and texture of Eleven is an innovative strategy in a random select feature to show that your doing a some kind of exhibition in your current match.

3 Likes

Menat,Cammy and Dan costumes are great

I have a soft spot for the Ed costume for some reason too

3 Likes

Cammy and Menat are great costumes hoping for more surprises soon than just expecting Juri costumes.

1 Like

Just give me Alpha Birdie without the sunglass already.

And I HONESTLY have no idea why.

It’s random select, with absolutely no ability to use any of the costumes or colors you’ve unlocked for those characters. And the default color scheme it uses is exceptionally bland.

It’s literally WORSE than random select. And they expect you to PAY for it…

1 Like

No not as fhe last character. Lol

1 Like

You don’t get him with the S5 character pass. He only comes with the PREMIUM pass, which costs extra. Ergo, they expect you to pay for a random select that’s worse than the normal random select.

My theory used to be Seth created Twelve by meddling with Seth Unit 12.

Of course, that was before SFV was released.

Don’t worry, we’ll probably get “SFV FINAL EDITION”, with everything from Season V including Eleven, an alternate traditional random select feature, and probably a couple more characters (Sodom and Birdie or something) to make you pay extra once and a final time.

1 Like

Because it was meant to be a showcased an exhibition and a roulette handicap in a more visual way and also lore wise that’s why color scheme and costumes are irrelevant.

It’s not worse than the random select because it doesn’t replace it and it doesn’t comes in a price. It’s a separate innovation that other players can enjoy and messed around with others to showcased their handicap roulette without confusing it as a normal match.

It’s a bonus content and something that comes with a price or even replace with the generic random select which you like.

Eleven existing doesn’t do any hindrance to those mentioned like the usual random select or the ability to used costumes and choose color.

I know you hate copy cat, clone characters, shoto clone and echo fighters but Eleven is not along those or something replace random select which you prefered.

We don’t need two generic and boring random select in SFV for each player side. Eleven existing doesn’t also give you another DLC character or prevent any character. Capcom had been transparent with this and they say 5.

I’m also glad that eleven never became a full-fled character because that would be a disaster and having another option of random select is better that is good very for exhibition showcased.

Random select doesn’t work online and never has in SF5. You have to choose your character when you go online.

So the hindrance was already there, Eleven is just them removing that hindrance that didn’t need to be there in the first place. But, again, in a way that disables all your appearance options.

It’s not bonus if you have to pay extra to get it!

1 Like

He does come also with the character pass.

1 Like