Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

I can only assume Balrog must have named him.

1 Like

Just not feeling anything about this character, design, name, gameplay. Completely meh. At least Falke has a pool cue.

Wait till Capcom tries to tell us that Ed’s actual name is Getepe.

1 Like

Meanwhile, KOF XV trailer will drops in a few hours.

Let’s see what the competition has prepared.

KOF XV vs Street Fighter VI will be the battle for next generation consoles, I guess.

I hope this time SNK decides to actually innovate and give the KOF series a new game style, rather than just recycling KOF 2002 gameplay with a few tweaks like they did with KOF XIII and XIV.

In the meanwhile, I created my roster wishlist for the game.

Summary

But first,
CHARACTERS FROM KOF XIV I LEFT OUT:

• New characters I didn’t like/deemed not worthy of KOF: Alice, Gang-Il, Hein, King of Dinosaurs [but he’s back as Tizoc], Verse
  • Characters I’m kind of bored of: Kensou, Chin, Chang, Choi, Mature, Vice
  • Characters I’m sort of neutral towards but felt could take a pause for next game: Xanadu, Ramon, Tung, Nakoruru, Miu Miu, Love Heart, Whip, Vanessa, Heidern

(New characters -not being in KOF XIV- in bold)

TEAM JAPAN Kyo Kusanagi
Benimaru Nikaido
Goro Daimon
TEAM FATAL FURY Terry Bogard
Andy Bogard
Joe Higashi
TEAM WOMEN FIGHTERS King
Mai Shiranui
Yuri Sakazaki
TEAM HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS Athena Asamiya
May Lee
Nagase
TEAM ART OF FIGHTING Ryo Sakazaki
Robert Garcia
Khushnood Butt
TEAM IKARI Ralf Jones
Clark Still
Leona Heidern
TEAM K’ K’
Kula Diamond
Maxima
TEAM YAGAMI Iori Yagami
Kukri
Oswald
TEAM JUSTICE Kim Kaphwan
Hon-Fu
Blue Mary
TEAM SOUTH TOWN Ryuji Yamazaki
Billy Kane
Gato
TEAM NESTS Angel
Sylvie Paula Paula
Nameless
TEAM 3 NATIONS ALLIANCE Mian
Najd
Luong
TEAM SOUTH AMERICA Nelson
Zarina
Bandeiras Hattori
TEAM CHINA Shun’Ei
Meitenkun
NEW YOUNG FEMALE CHARACTER
TEAM ASH Ash Crimson
Elisabeth Blanctorche
Shen Woo
NEW FACES TEAM Yashiro Nanakase
Chris
Shermie
USA SPORTS TEAM Brian Battler
Lucky Glauber
Heavy D!
TEAM GAROU Tizoc
B. Jenet
Kevin Rian
TEAM YOUNG LORDS Adelheid
Rock Howard
W. KRAUSER’S DAUGHTER
TEAM BOSSES Antonov
Geese Howard
Mr. Big
BOSS NEW BOSS
1 Like

Some of the new chinese characters - especially the chick with the eyes wtf - are so lame. Hope they go die in a fire

Well, Sylvie isn’t a Chinese character and it was designed by the Japanese.

I didn’t like many of the new characters, many of them (like Zarina, Hein, Gang-Il or Luong) are quite plain and lame, but others at least have potential and are hinted to develop further in the newest storyline.
I ended up liking the Brazil team, even if Nelson and Zarina aren’t great designs, they seem to have something prepared for them in the next chapter.

The trailer release has just been postponed, no new date was given :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Well, fuck.

I think SNK simply rushed too much. They released an announcement in December showing only a logo and concept art, and they wanted to post a full trailer only one month later?
It always looked rushed to me, I don’t understand what’s their plan.

I think it’s more likely we’ll receive the SS S3 announcement sooner than the KOF XV trailer.

1 Like

KoF Wishlist:
EVERYONE IS HERE!!

C’mon dude. Getepe is obviously G.

[quote=“DarthEnder, post:1159, topic:591791”]KoF Wishlist:
EVERYONE IS HERE!![/quote]
That will never happen, unless it’s a shitty single player mobile phone title like KOF All Stars.

Also, K9999 is never coming back :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cool find!

Progression wise would not have made sense tbh, would have made sense

Abel -> Abel
Seth -> Cain
Ed -> Seth

As Seth is the third son who born later, after the conflict of his two older brothers

Too be honest i will PREFER something like this
Not Rog naming him, but like Shadaloo gave him maybe a more complex name that involved an “ed” part, then Rog wanted something easier/shorter to call him and Ed himself sticked to that version

But actually is very possible (and more probable) that Rog who trained him had indeed the chance to chose a name (so he gone for something american/simple/lazy), just as the german speaking people of the Shadaloo base gave Falke (a german word for “hawk”) her name

Getepe is destined to join Sheng Long and Zubaz in SF folklore LOL

Can’t argue with that…

This assumes that Abel was born before Seth. Which, there’s no real evidence of that being the case.

They were both introduced in the same game, and both seemingly created by the same program, but without any indication of when Abel was he created, we can’t say that Abel came first.

We know Seth was #15. But we don’t know what Abel’s number was, or would have been.

1 Like

No, actually biblical Cain is older than Abel
But is not specified how much, just that he’s the firstborn

But core of the story they’re supposed to be of similar age (as they “competed” as equals for the favor of God), two young men… more or less like the SF ones are, not exactly same age but similar
Then things gone wrong and you got one good one evil, so you have the parallel with SF Abel and Seth

Progression would have been as Abel and Cain(Seth) having their arc in same period (SF4) and Seth(Ed) making his debut (SFV) after these events

Biblical Seth came well after their story and these events and had no interaction with neither brothers (one dead, one cursed and away), so would have made sense for Ed (if SF Seth got Cain as name)
He was even seen by Eve a bit as “Abel 2.0” as replacement for the good son that was slain, wich would have further linked SF Abel and Seth(Ed)… as both are’nt evil, both look human, blond etc like they are of same kind… unlike Cain(Seth)

K9999 situation is much as like the bunch of Slammaster characters…

Maybe he was found by balrog in the shadowloo Ethics Department. Lol

K9999 is awesome and he CAN be used by SNK, they just prefer not to though that could always change since they’ve used him since.

I mean, they made a whole new character to replace him the last time they rereleased his game. Don’t see the point in doing that if they were ever going to use him again.

2 Likes

I think waaay back in the day, SNK producers said KOF XV would include a team made of guest characters. I think we’ll probably get a Team DOA, or a Team FEXL.

Let’s not act like SNK in 2021 is SNK in 2009. Beyond that, he’s also been used in KOF X Fatal Fury so he has popped up.

1 Like

I think Japanese developers won’t use K9999 out of respect to Katsuhiro Otomo (and fear of being sued) but Chinese developers like the ones who work in mobile phone games will (since the Chinese seem to have zero worries about copyright).

1 Like