Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Ryu and Chun will never be a thing. They will be in official art together to promote the SF brand but canonically they have no character interaction.

Unless Capcom revives Gouken’s Daughter or give Ryu a random sexy NPC after he completes his training, his “love interest” will probably be either Sakura or his fists.

Also Cammy’s gay for Juni.

Of course not!!

Remember that Abel is a vat baby and is probably only, like, 5 years old,

Cant Remys dad just be a random guy? Why does everyone have to be related to everyone in SF?

1 Like

Because if he’s not related to, or trained by, Guile or Nash, then it makes no sense that his moveset is just a straight ripoff of theirs.

1 Like

It barely is.

1 Like

They may have similarities but their movement and animation on projectile and flash kick is different.

Yet that case should be more implied to why SF4 Seth had similarities in a lot normals with Gill and Urien.

Speaking of related characters, the most stupid thing they could probably have done was making Juli related to T.Hawk instead of Noembelu. They should freaking retcon that shit.

3 Likes

Probably the same reason he had similarities to other characters in all his other moves?

She’s…not? Juli was his girlfriend, not a family member.

And Noembelu is still supposedly from T. Hawk’s tribe.

1 Like

Er… Gouken’s daughter… I think she isn’t canon.

The two short manga strips that she appears are:
1: Hadoken: Prelude to Struggle printed on Gamest #13 in 1987
I thought this manga was official, but the author Kiyoshi Utata already mentioned that he drawn that strip without Capcom’s permission.

2: A short story from the SF2: Memorial FanBook, but some captions on the first page of the story mentions that such events are related specifically with the Movie.

It seems that she was mentioned in SF2: Mysteries of the Hadoken, but i can’t tell. The book is basically japanese text with some screen caps from the games…

EDIT a few hours later: I asked RyoRedCyclone about the Mysteries of the Hadoken book. And, yes, she’s mentioned there.

`

たしかに師匠の娘がリュウに鉢巻きを贈ったと書かれています。しかし、私は非公式の設定だと思います。リュウの鉢巻きはKENにもらいました。
It
is written that the teacher’s daughter gave Ryu a headband.But I
think it’s an informal setting. I got Ryu’s headband
from KEN.

— りょう@Street Fighter (@ryo_redcyclone)
December
31, 2020
`

Now I wonder if she’s canon or not. She could have gave Ryu his white headband and then, after Ryu scarred Sagat, Ken gave him his red ribbon.

I totally second that. And Ken is gay for Ryu :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My thoughts in the case of Seth is either shadaloo has records of secret society leaders and uploaded to Seth or he had seen them once so he has copied it.

But I do like it that Capcom will would had there own answer officially than my speculation.

Judging by the earliest Capcom official books, however, it was Ryu who was gay for Ken instead… :stuck_out_tongue:
The blog is coming, I’ve found many other things in the meantime so I had to amend and add various bits even to previous articles.

4 Likes

Ugh man… puts a new spin to the words hadouken. “surge wave fist”

Interesting, i didn’t know she existed unofficially in 1987. I only remembered her appearance in the SFII one you mentioned.

I feel that Sakura (and even Makoto) killed off any chance of seeing another female fighter who wears a hachimaki. Or more specifically a female companion for Ryu since Sakura took that role.

1 Like

Idk, he may be older than that but sure af not old enough to be Remy’s father

Assuming in SF3 Ryu is around 35 and Remy around 20, if in SF1 Ryu was let’s say 20, Remy was already 5

I think Abel got saved by Nash as a kid old enough to remember it (he’s able to recognize the similarity with Guile in 4) back to ALPHA days, as Nash was still alive to do it (then he stayed dead till SFV)

But again faster growth, so even if he was grown and able to remember like a 10yo he could have been like 1-2 back then as far we know
My guess Abel is like 16-17yo i real years while beng like a 25yo in terms of growth
Kinda loose calculation, but safe enough say Abel definitely was’nt jizzing in french vaginas 5 years and 9 months before SF1 :smiley:

Welcome to anime

Not only that
We also have that Remy’s dad was a fighter who never returned home (in Remy’s perspective abandoned them), and we know his get suddently killed in mission back to Alpha days may be compatible with that

We also know for whatever reason Nash considered FRANCE the best safe place to hide a kid (Abel) from somebody (Shadaloo) that want him
So, if we want consider he had a family hidden somewhere (as he did’nt even trusted USA anymore) good chance he keept them in same place, hidden from both traitors and shadaloo

this

Canon or not, hopefully they forgot that shit, last thing SF needs is more ansatsuken slots expansion

Cool Bosses pic

No chances for Necalli lol, but at least i guess they’re still in time to justify their position that G is a “Boss”
Rose will surely offer some light on that, but maybe 5th character too

2 Likes

Isn’t playable Abel a bisonified clone of a real Abel?

I’m back. Did I miss any major developments in the 2-3 months for this thread like translations etc.