Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

I don’t think Ryu has to be an outgoing extrovert like in those 3 media representations in order for him to be friendly with some of the main cast, specially, as already pointed out, if theres some sparring involved, thats just me though.

2 Likes

Ryu is friendly, he probably have good relationship with good chunk of SF cast
Most win quotes show he’s in good terms with most of non-corrupted fighters and quick to recognize the worth where is
Even in SFV he quickly make friendship with Rashid

He’s just quiet kind of friendly, pretty japanese thing

3 Likes

Ryu is approachable to be especially if that is a fight even you are a stranger. he would also interfere if someone is in-danger and helps someone in need if that is along his way, but his not a superhero or motivated like one that has an oath and devotion. Ryu is generally a nice person but his not very social unless a situation requires him to.

He prefers time alone and meditations, His a hermit but the difference of him to the likes of Oro and Gouki is him being a drifter at the same time because he regularly wanders.This is sums up most of his ending and life goals because his not fixated to anyone and a situation.

He only stays if there is something to know. Most of the conflicts and rivalries in his life like Shadaloo, Oro, Gouki, Sagat and Sakura are the one that regularly after him or seek his whereabouts.

The difference of Ken among those individual is that he knows and understand Ryu in a personal level more that he would only seek him if he is threatened or in danger. Yet Ken would occasionally ask Ryu to stay with him for awhile but his life goal is what continuously makes him move time to time. But overall compare to others, Ken is a person that regularly waits for Ryu instead of going his way or tracking him regularly where he is now.

His constantly moving unless Capcom would change his character in the future

1 Like

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/dec/26/street-fighter-pocky-challenge-art/
loved the artworks

Totally ship Ryu and Chunli tho it will never happen. Do think Ryu needs some pussay to take him to the next level haha

2 Likes

Guess at some point if they want keep evolve him they will make him discover the anime magic power of love lol

On Ken capcom already hinted Ken is his own best self (despite some fans saying the opposite, pretending he have handicap next to Ryu) because have the love for his family pushing him

For Ryu likely will be Sakura, well that disgrace of character will gain a meaning i guess lol

For Chun back then ever thought Nash was the man to give her teh D, but i guess it’s literally a dead path now lol

Also for whatever ia worth i still think Nash had a secret life (due him being a shadaloo target) in france and Remy is the result of it

Twist ending:

Remy is Bison’s kid

Not a fan of Ryu being romantically involved with Chun li but it looks like it’s going to that direction because of fans and fanfics.

I believe that would just be a fad and that people like it to happen is just curious and want to see that happen

Ryu is better to be a drifting hermit than a family man or someone with a jr and has apprentice. How many shoto protege archetype do we need in SF since RS is also now officially in SF? …still not counting Mel Master as soon to be.

And because those were already sold with other characters like Ken, Guile and etc.

Chun and Ryu has no romantic connection wayback (ignoring the HK stuff which she was killed in SF3 same with Eliza and also the one in Malibu) but that changed later on because of fanfic bleeding into different media that it recently affect the likes of Udon and changed how they are also viewed. Capcom SFV trailer is now with Chun and Ryu.

Whoever Capcom commissioned artist made this recreation of Alpha3 ending intentionally to leftout Sakura and even give priority to Chun in this ending.

Sakura had more sense because she is a huge part of Ryu’s Journey and Chun wasn’t something relevant during the whole alpha timeline to Ryu other than poping in a single frame of his ending in a SF2 outfit in the original SFA3 ending not the alpha version.

The only clear romance is with Sakura and Ryu but it’s like they would choose Chun to Ryu. And I dislike both to be involved with Ryu but that’s how things looks progressing yet it’s up to Capcom.

The change and shift to Chun is sudden while sakura was a build up from SFA to SF4 and still a bit in the actual SFV endings not the AE versions.

She was even directly involved with the fight

But it’s clearly on Chun’s direction now because of marketing reasons.

Overall Ryu doesn’t need a romance to standout as a character or has a partner and daddy issue to be relevant in SF or a fighting game character. IMHO.

1 Like

The only man Chun Li needs is Cammy.

1 Like

Perfect match for Ryu imo is Juri. Complete opposites, she will fight him for the lulz and then have angry, passionate shags after.

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong is that a tsundere relationship? lol

The only man Juri needs is ALSO Cammy.

2 Likes

Everybody needs more Cammy in its life

1 Like

Is the next is

The only man Sakura needs is Karin?

I see you’ve been reading my fanfic!

2 Likes

I think it was clear Remy was Abel’s kid.

Link or didn’t happen.

1 Like

Remy is probably older than Abel lol

2 Likes

I’m not satisfied until we get Juli/Juni/Juri yuri just because it’s fun to say AND it makes some level of coherent storyline sense

1 Like