Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

The whole “get ready for big announcement!” was one of the two new boring japanese guys (the not fat one) telling

-eh covid no easy but we work hard
-Dan in february
-Capcom cup date/location
-More info coming kinda soon

No videos, no pics of new alts or something, no nothing

Essentially a mild disappointing update, that they could have easily done with twitter or something
OR they could have done as they did but bringing some goods (Dan trailer/whatever else) to make it worth for who’s watching… maybe even just release these kinda soon early year infos

But caplol do what caplol do, as ever does

Was going to add a Forrest Gump pic, but Forrest was likeable

1 Like

What a bunch of lamewads. Either do a major announcement or do a very minor one. Not act like its some hot shit when its not

1 Like

What a dissapointment, given how the the last few years have been for SFV, I fully expected to at least have Dan out before the New Year.

Hell Smash managed to get 3 characters out during covid.

2 Likes

Tbh even if i was hoping much earlier, i don’t have problems with Dan in february (24 while at it), if that’s the time they need

I just find hilarious how a such important company/brand can still be this bad at this shit lol
Again, the whole way they handled it was fun in a bad way, and as usual people in the chat were like what the fuck
No idea why SF reputation keep gain new L on his record for shit that can be avoided so easily

Also i may add i don’t buy it’s just "covid is bad, we work to give it as soon as possible’

We know we will get it after crapcomcup, so i feel Dan release seems more hostage of esports bs rather than covid problems
Maybe could have been ready in january, for what we know may be already done as we speak

Same for the patch, same for new mechanic

1 Like

If they are truly still making these kind of releases hostage to whatever esports crap they have coming, f’em, they havent learned shit.

We’ll see in SF6 launch if it was as terrible like SFV.

New character for upcoming SF mobile game is named Shi Zhian. The guy’s arm is covered in gold. Could be the mystery 5th character (or not).
https://twitter.com/ryo_redcyclone/status/1340064045722832897
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

4 Likes

The basic sprite version seem to have normal eyes and the arm wrapped in cloth stripes, imagining an SFV version of this dude golden arm/eyes seem VT stuff

Btw idk how to feel about that
On one side i would welcome a Shaolin monk rep in sf
On the other hand he looks laura-rashid generic, wich i fear will be SF future in terms of new characters

I would not be excited if this was the 5th, but idk if the alternative will be better
It can be infinitely worse lol

ps: possible also just end up like that Shin crap character from that obscure SF pc game, would wait before jump to conclusions

idk why to expect otherwise
New guys don’t looks exactly like they will throw SF into a smart new world, in terms of interaction with fanbase

But again, my problem is’nt much release date itself

They really should have kept that announcement on twitter, not tell us there will be an announcement at some event and its about dlc being delayed… why would you hype people up for something like that?
When you say there will be news at an event, people expect it to be something to be excited for.

4 Likes

“Special announcement” :smiley:

But to be fair they did it, wich was caplol cup date/location

Problem is when huge majority does’nt give much fucks about it, is waiting DLC infos and you be like

be ready for… be ready… forrrr… teh ESPORTz!!!
oh yes the dlc
sad stuff covid mmmh february
but we give you as soon as possible, i swear
wich will be exactly day after our esportz shit, coincidence bro

Thats an awesome design. SF was due a shaolin monk ay some point

1 Like

Oh I’ve always wanted some kind of shaolin monk in Street Fighter -.-

I hope this guy is the 5th character :smiley:

EDIT: Gifs

Street Fighter vs. Shi Zhi’an’s skills

1. Being passive: Tiandi Yuhuan

When getting the situation of the monk’s clothing barrier, if the total number of companions is three, then an additional layer of good intentions will be obtained. If the total number of companions is less than three and more than 0, then the overall goal of all the personnel will be extra to resist the situation. If the side only survives, the situation of heaven and earth will be opened, and the situation of monk clothes and obstacles will be transformed into a situation of light and fullness.

Monk clothing barrier: improve one’s own defense power for a certain period of time, which can be accumulated.

Have good intentions : Improve defense and actual effect of resistance, continue for a certain period of time.

The actual effect resistance is improved : the actual effect resistance is improved, which can be accumulated for a certain period of time.

Bright and bright: Released to the surroundings once every second, causing damage and costing 1 layer.

2. Ordinary attack: monk’s clothing barrier

Taking control of the enemy as an additional monk’s clothing barrier, gains the kinetic energy of special moves. After opening Tiandi Yuhuan, the ordinary attack professional skills become angry monk clothes.

Fury monk clothes will cause damage to the overall goal in the near future, and gain the kinetic energy of special moves.

3. Even Skill 1: The Exorcist by Obstacle
After the companion resorted to the nirvana, he talked violently. Shi Zhi’an put his hands together and called out the Buddhist scriptures to surround him, providing extra protection for all his companions and reducing the damage suffered. When the enemy’s overall target manipulates this side during the uninterrupted period, a certain amount of life will be repaired.

4. Lianji 2: Get lost

Companion uses Link 1 or Super Link 1 and then violently talks. Shi Zhian Yezhu slapped his hand and emerged behind the selected enemy’s overall target, causing a violent blow and making the overall target unable to act for a short period of time. When it has a light arm, the damage will be increased, and there is a chance to stun the enemy.

5. Lianji 3: Falling Star

Companions use Link 2 or Super Link 2 and then talk aggressively. Shi Zhian Yezhu’s right palm, summoned the sky star to fall on the selected overall target, and then extended his left fist to strike the sky star, causing severe blows to several overall targets in a small area. When it has a light arm, the damage will increase after the sky star is destroyed, and there is a chance that it will be silent to the overall goal.

Sixth, nirvana: boundless suffering

Shi Zhi’an just started to accumulate qi in combat, and he improved the condition of the monk’s clothing barrier and bare arms, which could strengthen his afterthought. After accumulating gas, the bare arms exploded, causing damage to several overall goals in the category. In addition, additional selections will be made for all enemy personnel, and the selection will be moved one after the other on the overall target of all enemy personnel. When the company is released, it will attack the selected overall target at this time.

1 Like

Chun-Li, is that you??

https://twitter.com/TimesSqKungFu/status/1339310946737664003

2 Likes

Proto Chun-Li indeed!

Apparently list of brand new playable will include

• Akaebo
  • Aris
  • Baldwin
  • Bethany
  • Carolyn
  • Hodi
  • Jay Chou*
  • Mad Rat
  • Philip
  • Road Hog
  • Ron
  • Sanji

*this guy

1 Like

The golden arm thing…isn’t that basically G’s thing already?

This character seems fine, but he REALLY seems like he’s stealing Retsu’s design space.

I see no problems with this.

1 Like

Most of the characters there are bland and specials are terrible that isn’t really something they should have done.

Many linked him to G because of the golden arm and aura. But I think it’s just a coincidence.

His more into budha and the mystical bells. His gold isn’t a tattoo.

I mean, moveset aside, I actually like him WAY better than G.

They got pictures of all of them?

Those were common thugs mostly and the character in the picture is a celebrity. Some doesn’t even feel like street fighter.

Some looks like Yamazaki in KOF from the looks and pose.

The only interesting one is the robot characters and the translation is terrible. Like was named Ron and Philip.

I have posted the moveset earlier in other forums.

His moveset is just

1. aura of decrease damage on allies and restore life. Then another one that increase his combo potential.

2. Counter Attack.

3. And a Giant Bell that falls to your opponent.

4. A dash attack that moves him at the back of his opponent

It’s like that he only have two offensive attacks

It’s not a beat em up game like KOF98OL