Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

I wouldn’t mind if this was her actual default costume.

Plenty of SFV characters have undergone some changes to their familiar design, and I feel that Capcom would do the same for Rose.

Plus, I feel Capcom would take advantage of people wanting a classic Rose outfit and maybe have a Nostalgia costume that people can purchase.

2 Likes

Why this thread so dead?

Kind of a good thing since all we do is tell each other our ideas and criticise each others or Capcoms decisions. Going to be a long crawl for worthwhile topics of discussion with the long drawn out season. I have a feeling there will be something interesting in store for Dan lore wise this time at least. Time will tell.

There is nothing more huge to speculate anymore

I’m okay with that everything mostly with the characters are revealed. Not a bad move for Capcom. This is what people wanted communication, clarity and we get it from Capcom.

The only thing I missed is CFN profiles. It was the greatest times of SFV. Whoever had come up with that idea was a deserve a up.

The only thing I felt like a downer was the costume contest.

6 Likes

Hyper Street Fighter IV coming in 2028 in the game’s 20th Anniversary? O.O

2 Likes

fixed?

Yeah I’d rather that was her default costume for SFV, seems like a good upgrade.

Shame they never completed those CFNs there was a tonne of characters that deserved profiles - like the glade ninjas - instead of bums like Bred from FF

1 Like

OH MY GOD! How could you disrespect Bred like that fam?

1 Like

I don’t know, so far for the little we seen Dan seems just his former self both in look and way to fight

But maybe if this

can be taken seriously, they may use Dan to show what happen after people accept to follow G

1 Like

Urien: “Yoga? YOGA?? You are threatening… ME with YOGA??? HAH, HAH, HAH, HAH!! I will crush your feeble little skull alongside you and those ones you carry! Idiot! This fool thinks he can stand up to me with-”

Dhalsim: “You talk too much.”

Urien: “ACK?? But- UGH!!!”

Dhalsim continues to use Urien’s Aegis Reflector against him to land several roundhouse kicks to put the would-be god out of commission.

Dhalsim: “… Yoga!”

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1299139885861752832?s=20

1 Like

Nothing new to talk about, and the general SFV thread had a discussion about fighting game stories that probably syphoned much of the activity from here these last few days.

Guys, do you consider Street Fighter to be a “family-friendly” franchise?

looks at Mika, Juri, Laura and Cammy costumes

No by western standards

5 Likes

No. Bison kidnaps young girls, experiments on them, and turns them into assassins. Has people gunned down by helicopters etc. He makes Akuma killing his father figure in brutal fashion look tame. Moral differences aside. Akuma vs Goutetsu was fair fight at least.

Edit: Speaking of Juri, Bison put a hit out her father and no issues with have his assassins carry out the deed with his wife and daughter present. Resulting in her dying as well and Juri losing an eye.

5 Likes

I remember the SFII animated movie was very gritty.

But I think the most recent games have toned down a lot the violence.

Isn’t a lot of western action/“Saturday Morning Cartoons” not really family friendly if you think about it though? Ratings are often based more on what is graphically shown (gore, sexuality, etc.) than the implications of things that aren’t shown or are presented in a sanitized, bloodless manner.

1 Like

Because Ono wanted to pretend Street Fighter was always a circus

Edit: street fighter 2 the animated movie sets the bar and the tone for what the franchise should be. Sure its people throwing fireballs and shit but at least have a degree of “seriousness” and martial arts rather than Power Rangers feel to it

1 Like

It’s never been a family friendly

Action games in the 90s were kinda edgy and like 80s action movie. and SF belong in that category. The commercials and gameover screen speaks for it. Arcades were adult entertainment.

Zero/alpha toned it down a bit to more anime but it’s always been mature.

So far I think the most gruesome thing that ever happened was Akuma shoving his fist into Ryu’s chest.

But I’m not even sure if that’s canonical.

1 Like