Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Hmm…Tom would certainly make a better tag team partner for Alex than Remy

In terms of marketing and appeal Goutetsu is better because of shock value and history… WHY? he tied and connected to the major characters in the lore and pop culture like Ryu and Akuma.

While Tom is just Alex and Gill? Alex is one of the protagonist that didn’t aged well, he failed in a way unlike K’Dash, Jin Kazama and Rock Howard that still became that they grown to be their own characters or been successfull as a shadow or jr protagonist in a franchise.

The only reason people are crying over and having fantasy of seeing a Street Fighter based on the past before Ryu even scared and meet Sagat is no other than Goutetsu not the younger version of other characters.

But clearly it is Tom which is better than Goutetsu because he should be fleshout and would contribute to the narrative and has strong flexibility than Goutetsu that is expected to be another shoto. His both storywise and gameplaywise would contribute to SF.

No to Azam because Byron is better, Why? because he is a superior of Guile not another of those secondary assistant, apprentice and jrs that we had already tons in SF3, SF5 and SF4.

But expect something that Capcom would go to a character that is popular and not narrative rich. So don’t expect something like background characters that aren’t most requested. Akira and Dan is ported to SFV because of being a popular choice but because of being known, most talked and liked.

Tom does’nt need to look like a portrait of Reno, he just need to be a 45ish looking man with black short hair/beard and bit of beak nose

These are common traits

Beside that in SFV they based some models on real people without give excessive fucks

Said that, with the premise that Tom>Azam, Azam was nice

Azam was SF being SF, Rashid was capcom doing marketing shit

Fun thing if you do fusion of Menat and Azam you get Pullum Purna lol

Byron would be cool. I imagine him using a more technical fighting style, somewhat similar to Heidern from KOF.

1 Like

IIRC Byron uses combat sambo.

2 Likes

the major problem with Azam is he has turned into a sidekick that doesn’t fight, even if he would had a fight he would still be meh because he wasn’t fighting in most of Rashid encounters in SFV cast. Not just talking about cinematic mode but the rest of his encounter in SFV that includes individual storymode

Well, they weren’t about to give a bunch of cool fights to a character you can’t play as, and thus, wouldn’t be able to play those fights.

That doesn’t mean he can’t fight on that level.

personally i will prefer Abel for that, because Fedor tribute

Even if shitty profiles don’t mention it, Kolin use Sambo too (as secondary style next to Systema)

Azam is 200% SF. I would like to see him as a playable character but he can wait until SF6.

Im not saying he can’t fight. What I meant was his a decoration from later part as it progresses.

His always with Rashid not just from cinematic mode but all of the time, He just ends up being incompetent most of the time, NO all of the time. His just a decoration suddenly making him fight as a 5th character is such a let down.

I’ll Go Byron than him. The guy has much design space.

Agree
Shame they never developed a bit more the idea of that circle of elite grapplers that know/respect each others, too busy doing gijoe bullshit

I guess beside wind based specials(that could have made him a very original grappler) he will have been a bit a T.Hawk, big body char who’s still agile and able to do acrobatic moves, next to Zangief being more classic static/tough/power kind of char

Again, Azam was SF, Rashid was marketing

Still glad SF at least got an arabic world rep though

Well, sure af he is’nt going to be the mysterius last 5th char :smiley:
No secondary/supporting character is going to grab dat last central slot

Tbh i doubt they will add Azam in SF6
I’m not sure Rashid will make it, as they linked him a lot to asf events

A possibility (for Rashid) could be if Fang is not dead and jump in SF6

1 Like

I mean, we already know FANG isn’t dead.

4 Likes

True, i forgot that one :smiley:

Whoo! New thread! I was wondering why things were quiet!

So my thoughts on a few things;
-Midgardsorm: excellent sleuthing stuff, yet again! Dang, these are some HUGE finds you’ve been digging up lately!

-Goutetsu: I’m sorry (Canadian apology mode), but I’m not interested in him more than a lore perspective. We have overmined the Anatsuken bros corner of the SF World’s martial arts to death. We haven’t seen a quarter of this focus on any other style and it’s history and mythology. Not only would we be bringing in another Anatsuken fighter, but it’s also another “supposed to be dead” guy, and thirdly, we run into the issue that since he’s been dead forever, all of the practitioners of that style have already surpassed him in terms of competency and making things for their own style. We’d have to see the style scaled back, but while there may be a few things here and there that are interesting due to some different approaches, he’s still using this tried and true martial art. Let’s see something new!

-Tom: Bring him on. I’ve always been curious to see him in action. Not only do we get some nice lore and set up to SF3, but as others like Cestus have said, him having a less fancy, non-elemental ki-powered, but really cool and calculating fight style could be cool to see in action.

We’re in a time of big change for SF and I’d like to really move forward. We’ve covered the Anatsuken and yes, Ryu is the main character and has that style, but he’s learning more, evolving and is on his own path that’s intersecting with Oro, so let’s stop with the Anatsuken history lessons for now and go forward.

SF5 has closed the major preamble before SF3. Let’s have SF6 continue and be the first SF in ages that is a new timeline entry and not another prequel or inbetweenquel. With that, let’s explore new locations, new styles and the mythos behind them.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1298305012733546499?s=20

Still don’t like the turtle, but maybe his clothes are less shabby now?

1 Like

My view on Oro is that they should leave him the way he is/was in third strike. All the other returning characters have been in many games since SF3 came out in 1999 so kind of warrant changes to keep them fresh.
But its not as if Oros been played to death in multiple capcom fighters.

2 Likes

I liked Rose’s proposed costume for SF5.

But it seems they’ll go for the classic outfit.

Maybe this new one will be her Story Costume?

6 Likes

I think they are going to do a monster work with animations, i’m super curious to see the result

I guess at the end we will get a char like Slayer from GG, i can see him having the knocked down animation where he keeps an arm up to keep the turtle safe

Maybe only true defeat you can give him is to make fall the turtle lol

yeah, if we go with new artworks seem also the changed the cloth color from red to dark green… not sure how seriously we shold take it but i would welcome it, it support better the bright yellow of the skin rather than clash with it

tbh seem usual flat kiki boring stuff that they never use as standard, glad they keept standard if this was the alternative lol

Probably it will take Story/Battle slot as rest of kiki stuff… judging by previous characters a casual clothes alt usually get Story

I was a bit worried too

I don’t want to expect something great because of the turtle.

It’s like an exhibition since the turtle is not an upgrade like Mika having Nadeshiko but rather a hindrance, So that it would bring annoyance to his previous special attacks animation.

Dan turned up to be good because the changes were mechanical upgrade.