Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

This but with only capcom characters. OMG

Edit: id take a mvc3 ultimate engine as a 2nd though.

1 Like

I remember being hype seeing this and also the fake SF4 art with Guile holding a gun

Frankly, the game doesn’t need mechanics like that. 3v3 is already plenty deep and complex without trying to add MORE nonsense on top of it.

Honestly, Ingrid should be the MAIN character. The goddess who is bringing all these different worlds and characters together out of boredom. Already basically what she did in SFxTK.

Lol, imagine if Capcom just made, like, Capcom Mugen, and put every 2D fighting game sprite from their CPS2/3 era into one game.

Everyone from:
All Street Fighter Alphas
All Darkstalkers
Slammasters 2
Cyberbots
MvC2(minus the Marvel)
Red Earth
All Street Fighter 3s

sigh, yeah but no. Make a modern REAL Capcom Versus that looks good instead please.

Not really a flagship game but more of a spin off for casual console like switch

It’s literally EVERYTHING IS HERE but in the past.

What made Capcom Fighting Jam a mugen is because the game mechanics is very mugen. Characters are stuck with non-interchangeable groove like version inspired from a game they came from(Just like a Mugen Character). Instead of choosing a customized groove that a whole team should utilize.just like CVS2 and CVS1.

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, SVC Chaos, CVS2, CVS1 and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle didn’t suffer the mugen misconception like CFJ was because of the gameplay mechanics.

1 Like

Sorry about that I made a mistake and swap them. What I mean is Infinity STORM not Surge. Surge was a huge messed.

I just mean all of it. Gems, X-Factor, etc, the game doesn’t need any of that.

1 Like

I don’t mind seeing the original “Duo Team Up Attack Mode” as a returning gimmick or similar than those modern installs and gimmick

If you could add 3 more characters to SFV (let’s just say the final S5 characters is a brand new one), which one would they be?

I’d pick:

1. Necro
  2. Sodom
  3. C. Viper

Those are the three I’d personally like to see.

I could maybe exchange Necro for Sean, if that would please more people (but who knows).

Fei Long - Jet Kune Do
Abel - Judo/Sambo
Elena - Capoeira

This would please me, making SFV cast more complete in my eyes

1 Like

Three 100% physical martial arts characters (well, you know, aside from Fei Long’s fire kick special)?
I don’t know, it doesn’t convince me much.

But gotta say, I’ve always wanted to see Alex fight Abel.

Well, that’s what i will like, not what Capcom or somebody else will

These to me would be 3 big additions in terms of martial arts missing, plus i like them as characters and they would be a quite variety trio both physically and as country

Count also that you asked only for 3 group, wich will hardly offer same variety of an entire normal season update… even if given 6 choices the vibe of my “Season” would not be much different lol

Maybe something like:
Fei Long - Jet Kune Do
Abel - Judo/Sambo
Elena - Capoeira
Retsu - Shorinji Kempo
Eagle - Eskrima
Remy (redesign) - Savate

That would be a good scrap
I guess if canon safe bet would be Capcom make Alex win it, but assuming for whatever reason they go all-in an heavy beated up Abel triggering the black eyes soulles gimmick should steal a round, then Alex still win by anime underdog hero

I got R1 Alex, R2 Abel, R3 Alex by KO :smiley:

1 Like

If I could get six:

1. Necro
  2. Sodom
  3. Sean
  4. C. Viper
  5. Retsu
  6. Ingrid

(yeah, I’m leaving out Victor Ortega this time).

If I had to be sort of more pleasing to general audience:

1. Yun
  2. Sodom
  3. Maki or something; maybe Rolento?
  4. C. Viper
  5. Retsu
  6. Ingrid

SF3 NG/2i had a perfext cast IMO. You can see what they were trying to achieve with it, they were trying to make iconic SF2-like characters and there were analogies between the SF3 cast and SF2. All the characters we simple - not overly designed cough cody sf5 cough, had a nationality, stage, martial art etc.

The only REAL freak imo was Necro who was probably designed for dhalsim/blanka type fans. Oro isnt a freak imo jusg a very old man/hermit and had a similar vibe to Dhalsim.

The only real freaks in the latter, 3s imo was just Q and 12. Replace those two with anything more reasonable and the cast of 3s actually is excellent.

For SF6 capcom need to go back to this mantra of national, albeit sometimes stereo type, characters, and strong focus on martial arts. Rashid, Laura were good designs. Necalli maybe but Ed? Falke? Etc wtf

1 Like

Hmm…

1. Sodom
  2. Eagle
  3. Maki
    Get the last Alpha holdouts into the 3D era.
  1. Retsu
  2. Lee
  3. Haggar
    3 characters I’ve wanted to be playable in SF for ages, that never have been.
1 Like

I just think regular martial artists, like Fei Long, Makoto, Elena, wouldn’t fit in the SFV gameplay very well. Dudley could, but, well, too many boxers already.

But guys like Sodom, Rolento and Ingrid could adapt extremely well.

Should Maki be in? I don’t know, we already have Zeku so maybe there’s no need for her.

On the other hand, I think every season should have at least 2 female characters, and there’s already every other female SF character in the game (aside from Makoto and Elena and the boring Cammy clones I don’t want anywhere close to the game again).

On the other hand, Rolento is kind of overrepresented?

Eagle would be cool, yeah.

I disagree, tbh seems more a rule to justify insert stuff you want see there over stuff that you rather not, we got plenty “regular martial artists” in SFV and none had problem to fit the VS/VT system

Of course some characters have more gimmicks to play with V-system, but i still take the “superior” character i actually want like Fei Long over see what crazy gimmicks they can pull with a trickster like let’s say Rolento

Aside that i think Fei could be fun af with V-gimmicks, give me one-inch-punch and nunchaku lol

Abel is another that would do great, as VT he can just go black eyes Soulles mode, would even be cool get modified CA while on that

Elena have the healing thing, if they don’t want dive deep again into straight healing, it can be “just” a mechanic to recover fast gray health

Retsu is pretty open to redesign, as they reinvent his moveset they can invent Vstuff too
Given Shorinji Kempo nature good part can go to counters like Ryu do

Eagle unlike Retsu had a more recent and loved incarnation, start from there
May end up having a bit flat Vstuff, but he’s a such popular (i think the most requested SF1er by far) and charismatic char that would not be a problem
Shitty SFV profiles art had him using electric taser-like sticks wich would be very Vfriendly, but tbh i don’t like the idea, and can be ignored like usually done with these arts

Remy would be very easy to adapt to Vsystem, just take his superarts as base: the huge triple somersault get the CA while the counter and the multiple booms end up Vstuff

SFV adapted everybody without much effort

1 Like

Well, each one its taste.

It would be cool to see Rolento come back one day, with his original FF2 outfit.

3 Likes

In SFV would be redundant due Falke

But i take Rolento over Falke any day though

Falke should have stayed npc world, specially considering rest of Ed’s companions are not playable either

I wouldn’t want Rolento in the SFV roster.

He already appear in CvS2, SFxTK, Ultra… we don’t need him in every single game.

Why not Sodom? :confused: He should have been in V instead of Abigail.

You know what would be funny? Being able to play as Dan using C. Viper’s equipment XDD

I’m a fan of goofy character concepts for fighting games. My favorite character is Robo-Ky, go figure XDD

I will have been completely ok with him, i think his weapons and armor could have offered them plenty of room to play with V-modes

I don’t see Abigail’s slot going to him, regardless of MGG link

That was the slot for the Giant of SFV, i would kick Abigail out only to get Hugo or a NewGiantChar

Honda’s maybe, but i like have a straight sumo rep and Sodom have too many different gimmicks to fill that

Would have liked Sodom instead Dan in S5, and i like Dan (looking forward to play him)

1 Like