Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Give me a good 3D SF vs KoF, then i’m happy

If i must get a ASW crossover, rather than Capcom as a whole i would like few selected games/characters that fit well GG, even when shit get crazy i like stylistical coherence

DMC+Darkstalkers would give GG cast a good match

Dante vs Sol Badguy
Demitri vs Slayer
Victor vs Potemkin
Jedah vs Testament
Etc etc

This shit writes itself :smiley:

Found an Akira sprite. Updated my teams list.

Teams I’m least happy with are Gen+Nash(Team…Dead?) and Alex+Remy(for reasons described below).

The problem is, Remy and pretty much ANYONE have nothing. Remy’s story involves pretty much nobody else. And in fact he doesn’t even really WANT to be doing fighting. It makes picking a partner for him really hard and forced.

That’s why, even with my own list, I’m kinda hoping that some of the NEW characters a new game would eventually have could be used to make more suitable partners for some of the more difficult characters to match up. Like Azam for Rashid, Effie for Necro, Noembelu for T. Hawk, etc.

In the case of Remy, I already wanted Elizabeth to become a new character. And she’d make a good partner for Remy if she did because they’d at least have that French Savate connection.

Gen is also really hard to find a partner for…now. I used to easily group him with Akuma or Lee. But now Akuma has a better pick(Necalli, Monster boss team), and now that Lee is a drunken master, Bruce Lee+Drunken Master just makes more sense.

Maybe if they made Asuka into an old women instead of a young girl, she’d make a good partner for Gen.

So, yeah. SF6 new characters:
Give me Azam, Effie, Noembelu, Elizabeth, Old Asuka…

Then all I’d need is a new partner for Nash(or a new partner for Abel, so I could put Guile and Nash together), and then a new partner for Alex.

1 Like

with the pieces you already have you can do

Gen-Lee ← old chinese kung fu masters + they was essentially “Team China” of SF1

Nash-Guile ← obvious one

Fei Long-Abel ← you have this below (timestamped) where you literally have Abel-Fei talking about team up vs bad guys

Guess capcom wanted a bit of this vibe lol

KOF is nowadays a second(probably a third)-grade franchise in the West.
I don’t think Capcom would have any kind of interest on risking to produce a game like this.
It was understandable in 2000 because of the arcade popularity and so, but SNK has been a shadow of its former self for the last 20 years, sadly.
And it was never too popular in the West to be true.

OK, more things about “Street Fighter VI”.

I have no idea about how to implement a tag team system in Street Fighter, but I already said my idea would be making a more physical and intense game, focusing a little more in martial arts and toning down the fantastic stuff, simplifying the gameplay and limiting the access to the flashiest special moves.

That’s just my take.

But also I wanted to talk about this, that would apply not only to Street Fighter but 2D fighters in general.

I feel like for the most part, they’ve missed the chance of doing more stuff with the backgrounds. In general you get a “wallpaper-like” background stage for the fights and that’s all.

Games like MKvsDC and Injustice and MK had the idea of more interaction with the backgrounds, and full 3D games like SoulCalibur or the Dead or Alive and Tekken games even featured stage transitions, which Street Fighter never really implemented.

But I’d like to take things in a different light. Take this stage, for example:

You see they’re fighting in a military base and you see some open doors in the background.
Why won’t the characters be able to create a sort of “smooth stage transition” by throwing the opponent towards the doors and entering the base?
Or simply, changing the angle of the fight (that’s, without making it a full 3D game, just changing the angle or perspective of the battle).

I think Street Fighter could use that, after all the title is STREET fighter. Maybe give a little more interest to the fighting stages part.

I know for 2D games that could seem a little intrusive as they focus much more on a “focused line of vision” thing like in boxing, where the player won’t miss anything they’re looking at, but I mean, smooth transitions shouldn’t be that hard.
All kinds of 3D games have the characters move smoothly in different planes, across sometimes giant stages.

Also, you could maybe turn down the option or let this be available only in single player arcade/story mode.

The SFV stage finishers were a nice touch but hard from being enough.

All I know is I DON’T want a “first KO loses” like SFxTK/TTT have.

You have to beat BOTH fighters to win.

1 Like

It was talked before but never moved forward because of property issues

Maybe they’ll reconsider. Seeing how DBFZ kicked all possible ass of MvCI.
They know now Arc Games have all the available potential to be huge hits.

Also I think the early conversations were when ASW was still owned by Sega or Sammy or something like that. Things should be easier now.

1 Like

Yeah, that should be given

2 Likes

That was but it’s not that Capcom is tagging along with those guys. It’s more like Namco and SNK is having connection everywhere recently.

The problem with games like DBFZ and GBFVS is that they’re not Arcsys IP’s. That’s why Strive is the way it is, they want their own IP’s to not suck in terms of success. You can dunk on MVCI’s death for another 5 years but that game sold more than any GG or BB game.

Capcom has no reason to care about any FG when Monster Hunter/Resident Evil is making so much money for them. This mind set kicked in ever since RE2.

vs SNK happened because the devs at the time knew each other and SNK was desperate.

vs Namco happened because they wanted to collab with a company with better characters/IP’s than theirs (Capcom or Nintendo which ended up happening in PxZ2).

vs Tekken is Ono sucking Harada’s d***

1 Like

Agreed this is the case

and that’s why we never had SF4 for the longest time other than SF re-releases in portable console and compilation.

One of arcsys guys REALLY wanted a darkstalkers vs guilty gear games

1 Like

Well, Capcom had the Marvel IP and it was a complete sales bomb.

Street Fighter games usually sell well, there’s also Resident Evil and Dante and that stuff in Capcom’s side, ASW could make a very well-selling ASW Vs Capcom no doubt.

ASW could make a very well-selling ASW Vs Capcom no doubt.

Massive doubt when every crossover game where Capcom collab with smaller companies or lesser known IP’s resulted in poor sales. They’d get brownie points from the FGC and that’s it.

They should do a Capcom vs Capcom game that doesn’t suck. It’ll sell more than triple of what GG Strive will next year lol.

I’m surprised you mentioned Dante (DMC), when that franchise is below Megaman in terms of overall sales. All DMC gets is a cheap cash grab Vergil DLC with no new campaign, costumes or multiplayer. Probably have to fight Vante again too.

Has Capcom done any other “Vs Capcom”, aside from the Namco x Capcom thing?

I mean, TvC wasn’t the best-selling game but it was completely geared towards Japanese audience. It didn’t even include characters from the most Western/popular franchises Capcom has, like Resident Evil or Devil May Cry.

Well, it’s not to say an ASW Vs Capcom wouldn’t be geared towards Japanese audience, but I’m sure they could slip in some more Capcom characters that give a better appeal to an international audience.

I mean, if it plays like MvC3 mixed with the DBFZ expertise, I think people will probably be interested.

But… you have a point.

I’d want to see GGxDS just to see Darkstalkers characters made by current ArcSys…

Agreed.

1 Like

Capcom all stars would work. Plenty of legendary capcom characters to sell a game even without Marvel. This way Marvel wont be able to dictate who has to be in the roster (I mean black widow and winter soldier, really?).

Its a shame they cant get their heads out their asses to realise the potential.

Id REALLY love a DC vs Capcom but it would never happen cos warner bros would rather just have injustice 3 bah!

2 Likes

Yeah Capcom vs Capcom is the dream. CvS2 gameplay with proper 3V3 would be decent. Refined with new system select based from Grooves and ISM then refined to a newer system. With notable representative from previous fighting games by Capcom.

How I wished all those dormant beatem and other fighting game characters would be revival in a whole new Capcom fighting game franchise of their own. Not something of a crossover worlds like previous fighting games but rather a world that this characters do coexist to each other in a parallel were their origin is in one world and universe. Something with Guity Gear style but 2v2 and with Mahvel Gameplay.

And so they had also different backstory from their original counterparts. It can be Capcom World Warriors or something that is inspired in 90s Capcom World games.

Like Powerstone, Red Earth, Plasma Sword, Cyberbots, Battle Circuit, Techromancer and non popular IP that they own from beat em up and fighting genre.

It can be like their own Guilty Gear like franchise and world but with characters from their different franchise together in one world but not a crossover universe title.

It could tooks some bit inspiration to MVCi’s infinity stone but change it to ‘Capcom World Two"’'s Crystals to act like Infinity Storm(edit) like abilities.

They got cool design that can still diversify the cast with symmetry of balance and contrast.

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/a/b/ab36c53c22df7c2649bdbff228ae844054793517.jpeg

They could still add characters from other popular franchise and still from a different version that fit the mecha cyberpunk and fantasy vibe. While the OG versions as DLC costumes.

Wyzen in Asura’s Wrath is a an enemy that can transform into a giant bigger than earth that tries to crush asura with his finger.

Fou Lu can transform into several dragon forms during supers.

Kevin Stryker attack in SF 2010 is mostly like Guile’s Sonic Boom and Flash Kick but had other special.

https://archive.supercombo.gg/uploads/default/original/3X/1/4/147b5f12bf6c58dd926fb5efb5c2b69d7e35d91f.jpeg

Cyberpunk styled Nero and Devilotte with RC super 8 that plays like a combination of Doronjo in Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Tron Bonne. They can add Ingrid as additional character.

Then Agent Shadow Lady

A Chun li with Nano tech suit like Spider man Unlimited in Fox Network or something like Ironman’s bleeding edge but with different features like can morph other body parts as weapon, missiles and has electric protection. This enhances her attack kinda have some bit of DS and Venom in normal attacks but mainly still a combination of Chun li and Shadow Lady in special attacks and supers.

1 Like

Thats nice but im afraid I disagree my dear friend. If its a capcom allstar game it has to be like vs series i.e a mvc type game.

The purpose of that type of game from its inception was “omg wtf!?” In a good way. Its crazy, so forcing a cvs2 type system would limit how crazy they go with it imo.

Now if it were upto to me, id return back the golden days of sprites and have 60 characters from the get go and another 40 as dlc. But it probably wont sell. Haha

2 Likes

I still love sprites and wouldn’t mind capcom doing sprite based compilation character sprites in a new game especially for a street fighter spin-off title.