Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

I liked both the Elizabeth and Asuka concepts.

3 Likes

I forgot Asuka, I was shill for her too in my earlier post but gradual evolve into Gouken’s niece or daughter but later that I changed my mind about Gouken’s niece or daughter to be an official character.

Why I changed my mind and now I disliked the idea of Gouken’s female niece or daughter?

Because it would raise more confusion for another character with strong connection to notable icons in the game that they never ever been mentioned that character in the past or talked about to suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

It doesn’t help the canon and consistency, having her related to Gouken and the Shoto only makes her also restricted and limited in ideas for designing special moves. So Asuka is better because she is independent and has more design space to offer.

I like the second Elizabeth concept except for the heels. Replace them boots or shoes or something. Savate is heavy on kicks. A default look with heels is silly.

1 Like

That’s your opinion. I’d be ok with a kid character.

Elisabeth looks weird, and Asuka too boring.

I still want a Shaolin monk fighter. Someone in the vein of Lee Rekka or Wuxie (XDZW). That would be FUCKING AWESOME.

A flying old lady Shaolin fighter kicking asses would be FREAKING INCREDIBLE. She would be my instant main.

Damn, what a shame >___<

2 Likes

I like the armor greaves and gauntlets of the first one(it fits the antique dealer concept), but prefer all the other parts of the second.

The first Asuka concept is wearing the same thing as the concept Abel you were just praising…

Retsu uses Shorinji Kempo, which is just the Japanese name for Shaolin kung fu.

1 Like

Asuka looks ok, but Elizabeth I always thought looked silly

1 Like

I hated the girly hair, outside that a still very very young judoka as base could have been interessing, the soft skill>strenght side of Judo could have worked well

I’m not even outraged at him being so young, sakura inclusion back to Alpha broke my bullshit meter long ago

Ed was a good chance to get a very young fighter, they blew it up making him Ryu-size due clone faster growth

The right Gato-looking one was cool, but still the urban look is shit on him
Just let him go kung fu clothes as Gato rip-off and i allow it

Elizabeth was weak af design in both versions
THe concept could still work nice though, feels an old school SF way of integrate females
But again, very poor design

Asuka was nice
Maybe bit too flat to be a SF character, but was a good point of start to create one

Breakdance bald King Cobra was very nice idea, but Abdul Jabbar one was even better
At the end we got neither

But she’s a Japanese teenage girl just like Makoto or Hokuto. Seriously there’s nothing special about her design or concept.
Prot. Abel might wear the some clothes, but looks like a Westerner and a child. That makes him a more unique concept.

I like the hair, it looks cool. But I understand how it could be a little too much for the Western audience.

I’m pretty sure the character WAS a girl at that point.

Yeah, but the child part makes her way worse.

I’ll take a plain concept over a terrible one any day.

1 Like

It was’nt iirc
I think to remember design note specifically saying that he was a boy who could have been mistake for a girl
Again girly hair was shitty, otherwise could have been an interessing new entry

Said that Abel we got is far far better and gave Fedor to SF, so i’m glad they dumped the first concept

What i’m not glad is we got respectable amount of trash in SFV cast while i would have liked see Abel get a slot

SFV still great cast though

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/sep/21/dan-details-street-fighter-saturday/

1 Like

I don’t think that’s even relevant.
Yeah, we see the character wearing some sort of bands to cover his/her chests, but whatever, the concept isn’t too different.
It’s either a tomboy or a feminine-looking boy, the design could work both ways, but the thing here is that it’s a great design (in my opinion).

Can you still play that game offline the one version with Terry on it?

I’ve read it’s no longer possible to play.

1 Like

Are we expecting any SFV Dan footage today?

Was’nt 26th?

Btw Dan footage is given, what i truly hope for is preview of new mechanic too

Hopefully some costumes too

Vskill is taunt most likely

1 Like

one for sure (likely also a VT will be dedicated to Taunt booster)

i’m curious about what his other VS/VT are going to be

I’m kinda disappointed they dropped his SF4O special throw

Would be a cool nod to mvc if it was his premium signature move. I always felt he would get along with Johnny Cage.

Kind of offtopic but the MK Scorpians Revenge movie was actually pretty decent.

2 Likes