Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

LOL.

12 Likes

Seems like the kind of gimmick SFV would love to use, good pick

Hoping the showing from Capcom will be neat, wanna know what the new function is. (Wondering if in his storymode they’ll pick up from G’s arcade mode and they’ll cross paths?)

Been revisiting SFV lately and I was wondering, what do you guys think the Seraphic Wing is actually?

Some interesting things I noticed:

-If you block it, or Gill misses, the animation shows a dissipating orb of energy
-It looks absolutely devastating, with the rocks bursting out of the ground and such, but, there’s always the animation of opponents simply falling down rather than flying back or even spinning back

• “It’s time to return to harmony!” pre attack
    -In storymode it’s made clear that people see something different depending on their heart’s desires and Gill purposely is vague with Kolin and her hopes.
    -Gill seems to utilize the Wing to “show people harmony” and at least in G’s state, he’s conscious enough to freely converse afterwards. “What do you wish for my ‘Gate of Harmony’?” I wonder if this is a conversion method. Overwhelm them with power and beauty and the carefully curated illusion of Gill’s dream to make them malleable. Example, Lex in All Star Superman gained incredible Kryptonian senses for 24 hours and then at some point is overwhlemed with how Superman-like senses helped him to realize how amazing the world’s physics are when viewed with more than human senses:

I feel it may be some sort of psychic attack or illusion meant to overwhelm, pacify and then convert. Anyways, just thinking out loud. Would really like to see more of where Gill and Urien’s story goes especially with the little new bits of character elements from SF5. What do you guys think? In SF3 it looked like an ultimate attack, but now it seems to have been given significant utility.

Bort

Sorry, #Bortposting ^^U

2 Likes

Dan did’nt deserved the slot, but can’t hate, looks very good

Animations are great, and -regardless of costume- his appearance is a good case of transition to SFV

Too bad almost zero new stuff shown, we just seen normals and charged gadoken
No Dan trailer, no CA, no VS2, no VT etc

Lol at them shilling on the two fucking Juri designs they picked to win in that farce contest

People hated on Ono but as “faces” these two are just bad as him in terms of understand hype/substance all while being boring and not likeable lol
The way Harada bullied them at round table was kinda embarassing too lol

They should have dropped at least some new costumes, it’s like not even japan give anymore fucks about tgs

“He joins the fold in search of eager new disciples.”

I swear to fucking God, if they don’t have Sean feature in Dan’s character story and show us the reason as to why he hates Dan so much in SF3 then I will lose all faith in Capcom’s current writers.

7 Likes

Now with Japanese voices.

1 Like

Ever thought Ken just drilled in Sean’s head the idea of Dan being the worst example imaginable of shoto, so for Sean be like Dan is like being compared to shit

Ken in some art looked like he used to be asshole to Dan back in the day, wich i have no problem imagine LOL

PS: first time i seen this
immagine
maybe alt?

2 Likes

Ken never taught Sean anything. So no, I’ve never thought that.

2 Likes

The only thing I disliked is the lack of the new mechanic reveal. I don’t expect something big to reveal with Dan.

First the costumes weren’t the two guys responsibility or their personal choice. Those were done by multiple division and the pick of 2 Juri costumes were done not by Capcom staff.

The thing is they are just being transparent and that people wanted so now we know the progress even it’s slow.

People here like you that argue that believes and supports fake leakers mostly think that the amount of work is simply as similar to costumed mod skin is worked is done. That you even used MOD SKIN as a reasoning in the past to an ANIMATION talk lol.

That you even believe normals are just punch and copy paste or something that. SFV isn’t a fighting games like marvel contest of champions that fitted your logic and arguments. The certain work for normals and special is a lot more than your expectation to be tuned and worked with.

This character need to work and tested with other characters the more character the more slower development and QA will become.

That’s the reality here we already know this guys are just doing this stuff to buy some time, it’s an extension done in a tight budget and schedule. SInce SFV was long said to be just around to stay in 2020. Yes it’s boring but they are being honest and not cryptic which is what major demands in the past.

We are currently being show a progress of a single character rather than the usual whole trailer reveal approach in the past.

lol are you still waiting for 80 plus costumes that the fake leaker (you shilled) claims to be 90 percent of 2019 content. Then deletes his account countless times.

And still Sean likely knows about Dan existence through Ken

A “you suck just like Dan!” by Ken could have been just enough to drill the idea in Sean’s head

I doubt there’s much deeper story between Sean and Dan

Sean has one winquote where he says not to compare him to Dan or is there more to it???

How would Ken know Dan? How would they cross paths?

Well by the time Sean is around, Ken would have crossed paths with Dan. Even if he hadn’t, he could have learned about him from Gouken or even Sakura.

3 Likes

I mean, literally at any time?

Things don’t stop happening between games. These are both characters that go around frequenting martial arts tournaments. They could have met any number of times.

5 Likes

They said in the stream that Dan is famous now so people across the world know who he is

2 Likes

Some people still consider Dan as a handicap character in modern games, when he isn’t already and his more into a joke character and a parody character nowadays.

His not as competitive but his never intended to be design to be played incompetent in modern titles like he was in Alpha 2 and MVSF.

His slightly better in his original debut when he wasn’t a joke but rather a homage than turned in lto a joke to the later subsequent appearance. His popularity is because he is a spoof.

SF could add a Dan with Ryo or Mr Karate Alternate like in SF4 as a costume guest character like they did with Kairi from SFEX but it’s unlikely because of there current relationship.

I wish the whole game had as much polish and care as some of the late stage DLC characters

The gulf of difference is insane…

2 Likes

Well, to begin with Ryu/Ken were likely already in Gouken’s dojo when Dan tried to be accepted

And Dan did’nt instant rejected by the dojo, he stayed there long enough for Gouken to develop an opinion of him
And long enough to get his shit kicked by Retsu (who’s likely at the dojo as friend of Gouken)

Btw for what’s worth (being not perfect), the wiki say even Ken’s wife know Dan lol

Ryu[image]Edit

Ryu is one of the fighters Dan despises the most, due to Ryu’s popularity and reverence among others. Despite being clearly inferior, Dan believes himself greatly superior to Ryu. However Ryu does consider Dan a friend despite being aware of the latter’s jealousy and flaws, owing to the fact that they were trained by the same man.

Ken[image]Edit

Dan is jealous of Ken for many reasons; his unending supply of money, his good fortune with females, his superior fighting ability and constant good luck. Dan believes Ken to be a spoon fed rich boy and that real men are hard workers like him. Unlike Ryu, Ken happily exploits Dan’s jealousy, as he has no qualms beating Dan up for the fun of it. Ken’s family has little patience for Dan as well (Eliza Masters, for example, believes him to be an “obnoxious idiot”).

Gouken[image]Edit

Dan’s second teacher after his father and his last. Gouken kicked Dan out when Dan planned to use the Ansatsuken arts for revenge. Sadly, Gouken believes Dan is a hopeless man who has no business learning the martial arts, much less teaching them. However, he does show a little concern that he too may be tempted by the Satsui no Hado and become a dangerous individual, despite his lack of skill or talent. Gouken convinces Dan to leave his grudges behind, in his win quotes.

2 Likes