Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

It would still be mediocre, because it would only be representing series that already had fighting game sprites.

Although, I guess by then you already had most of Capcom’s non-fighting games represented by MvC2 sprites, so…I dunno, maybe I could work.

I don’t mind a spinoff title with all of the sprite based characters in previous street fighter combined with few all new characters from non-2d sf to be all a new roster in a one new sf title.

Capcom Fighting Jam failed because it was restrictive with the game mechanics compare to the previous popular and successful games like alpha 3 and cvs2.

i was much more interessed in CFAS, too bad it never got a chance

2 Likes

Kind of sad we didn’t see at least 4 or 5 guys playable.

If that is the case it’s no doubt being Viper. I’m not routing with her.

I would like the spot for them…

but it is unlikely

Isn’t this the first SF game where we see NPCs actually doing stuff for the plot?

2 Likes

Any of those that’s not a Doll is okay with me.

Still kinda pissed they did Dan instead of Sean…

1 Like

I’m fine with Dan. We already got a Matsuda representative; two would be maybe too many.

Abel, Viper and Azam would have been great.

Dan had already returned in SF4, and Sean was actually involved in the plot.

He deserved that joke shoto slot.

1 Like

Yeah I literally give zero fucks about Dan. The only way I’d take Dan over Sean is if they go with 3rd Strike Sean. Fuck that character too.

2 Likes

Add a Sixth Season with Azam, Abel and C. Viper please :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, I’d like more non-SF4 characters, but sure.

Make my S6: Sodom, Maki, Eagle, Retsu, Haggar.

…and Dudley. Because Dudley is life.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/FGCquotes/status/1307029487159136256?s=20

5 Likes

Haggar in SF is ground breaking but I’m lowering my hopes because it’s unlikely

1 Like

Before the Kairi costume I was really convinced Haggar was coming. I also suspected Skullomania and now he’s my frontrunner for obvious reasons. I’m not gonna complain but if I could decide the roster Hagar would have been in way sooner and he would t least have the last slot.

Final season is very Japan centric.

Maybe we will luck out and get a season 6?

I thought Akira Kazama was unlikely.
Maybe the new people in charge of SF6 will finally include the heavily-requested Mike Haggar.

Did he do something important? Did he even fight?

1 Like

He was there. He interacted with other characters. He had one of the chess pieces(which is apparently a SUPER important thing according to EX fans). You know who didn’t do any of that?

Dan.

As much i like Dan, this is correct

Sean deserved and could have offered more than Dan in 99 ways

He could have even helped Laura get some character development

My only old back on this is SFV Sean looked like crap in SFV graphic, but we seen (Ed, Kolin) ASF models are not definitive shit… but still

Haggar would be less crazy than Akira… we already got plenty from FF

If the 5th is keept secret as “too special” i see no reason to it being Haggar, when Akira got showed

Well, I think Sean’s journey starts in SF3 or even after it. He’s still too much of a rookie in Third Strike. So, I’m ok with the notion that by SFV he’s still “not prepared” to jump into Street Fighter battles yet.

One thing that could have influenced this season’s roster: by many accounts, this season wasn’t originally going to happen because Capcom wanted to push another game. Taking this as fact, Capcom might be a bit limited in what VAs are available (Covid matters here too), so some characters might just be off the table short of a massive overhaul, which would then require even more time.

Even if Capcom can work around this for the actual characters, there’s also the issue of availability to voice characters already in the game for story mode. If, for example, one or both of Laura’s VAs aren’t available, she probably wouldn’t appear in Sean’s story anyway. While this might not disqualify a character, it could push a close decision one way or another.