Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Wait till the 5th character was actually Sawada

I never thought some would be a fan of Shin that they even made an action figure out of him despite of him being niche.

Thing is he have a super loved gimmick that got him so popular, but is nowhere close to be one of best designs SFEX did

Necalli was probably better pick effectively

While at it i hope the fact Kairi will get very speed up procedure, may imply we will get more at relatively fast pace

Give me 1 SFEXer each week pls

More like “Shit”. Blandest Street Fighter official character, looks like Nash with Ken’s head.

1 Like

OMG, this is truly awesome!!

4 Likes

Nash is dead so other people that like the guy that did a custom figure of Shin that like Nash would gravitate with the likes of that character(SHIN in SFO) as a new replacement.

Even in his(NASH) return his not the same Nash as he was on ALPHA/ZERO that Shin guy is more like to the classic NASH. His dead again anyway.

Lazy design. Period.

Got the Kairi costume at first try, difficulty is super easy

It comes with 8 colors, then two more extra battles will add more costumes in next weeks

Easter Egg version is normal head Ryu, pretty cool even if is not what i was expecting

Here for the colors (and preview of 9/10)

2 Likes

Yeah since his like Nash with a different color pallette and hair

And for a TKD fighter, his design is really random. No relation with the martial art whatsoever.

1 Like

Agree, They tried a Nash without a Guile in reference, my issue is that he doesn’t look asian.

Yet he stayed in US in backstory. His not the TKD like Kim Kapwan and same does with Juri SFV default, His reference on TKD is very casual like most south korean nowadays.

What doesn’t make connection is his reference with military like that made his motif like Nash. They could had soft that reference or being made be trained by US military Nash or Guile sometime also to be sent back to south korea army as a joint cooperation. Or simply made him part of south korean military that it can also work without the nash and guile reference.

They could at least made him look asian that dyed his hair. Yet he can still be salvage if would something that would replace Nash. Since Nash isn’t returning anyway maybe for good. His dead not just once but twice.

I mean, it’s anime. Neither do Karin or Mika.

2 Likes

That’s why i hightlighted the military thing because it’s out of nowhere and they could had used it better because it’s the visual of his that recognizable and can be heavily linked to the likes of Nash.

Mika and Karin has “other” tells in terms of backstory, culture, environment and relationship of what makes them link to their nationality. Like japanese school girl and a japanese female pro wrestler. But Shin has nothing other than his backstory and that is because his from a SF game that isnt even a mainline.

But they could flesh it out a bit with a few revision at retcon. Since his character isnt directly implemented and the stories of him like connection to alex is a bit bland so it can easily be tweak and be added.

1 Like

Can we have an Allen Shneider alt for ken now please. Thanks!

Edit: the original purple one from SFEX

1 Like

Would love to see a MVC homage with Mitsuteru Yokoyama characters. Anita vs Babel II or Cammy vs Ginrei when?

Sadly whatever we will get (if we) will be crappy FEXL designs, not great SFEX ones

On positive side Allen is one of the very few that did’nt got design raped by fexl, with a good alt color he can be almost the same

Do you think Capcom Fighting Jam, without changing the roster but only with a little more polish, could have been an actually great game?

I think you deserve this.

1 Like

No. Because it was only a celebration of, like, 3 franchises, when it needed to be all of Capcom.

It was, what it was, a cheap recycling of sprites.

There are “cheap recycling of sprites” that end up being great games. Like many SNK games.

That said, recycling of sprites doesn’t need to be completely cheap. What if CFJ had like, twice its budget and dev. time (even when still recycling sprites)?

2 Likes