Miðgarðsorm Presents The Street Fighter V Story Thread

Garuda is memorable for he was than Necali

SF in status quo nowadays doesn’t need KOF to market them and KOF isn’t as popular as it was. It wouldn’t had that marketing impact.

There are only few franchise that stands with SF in FG industry and only Tekken is the nearest on SF. Akuma in Tekken is already doing that. The least franchise is MK and GG.

99% of world games don’t know who Garuda is.

I mean, it’s OK if they put him there as a guest character (I would still prefer for a samurai dude but whatever), but it wouldn’t really make people excited or turn their heads to the game.

Anyway, Akira was already sort of a guest character, even if she wasn’t a first party, and I’m sure people’s more excited about her than whatever excitement they would get from the widely unknown Garuda.

Guest characters are a hook for casuals. It would have to be Liu Kang or Johnny Cage or Dante or Batman or Goku or something, to help the game sale better.

[quote=“The_Shakunetsu, post:716, topic:591791”]There are only few franchise that stands with SF in FG industry and only Tekken is the nearest on SF.
[/quote]
Yeah, Tekken would work.
If there’s going to be a guest character it could be a Tekken character. Only that there was already SFxTK and people weren’t really fond of it.

It could also be Terry Bogard. He was in Smash, so, there’s some popularity boost thrown there. But I’m really not too sure that he could. KOF/FF is still a dwarf franchise; if he was in Smash was only because whatever’s the producer’s name is liked those games as a young man.

Than Necali?

What I mean is with SF fans and in Fighting game community

SNK has still problems with Capcom that is to consider. And Terry doesn’t help to bring up SF because SF is higher than KOF. As of the current trends it’s either MK or Tekken, but MK wouldn’t fit in SF as it was probably talked before by those in Capcom.

Even people in Smash had problems why Terry and didn’t know Terry when he fits since he had appeared in SNES titles way before

It has to be Liu Kang, then XDD

Well, that for sure would make the sales of the game skyrocket.

But. I guess for Capcom is “Japanese audience first”. And the Japanese would not excited at all about Liu Kang :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the Western/American audience, we’ve seen so much hate for SFV these years. Pretty sure many people would buy the game simply to completely kick Street Fighter’s character’s asses with Liu Kang (they complete his gameplay with a non-gorey dragon vore fatality).

Meh, JK. Capcom won’t risk their reputation that way, especially for a dying game like SF5.

So, no Terry, no Tekken, no MK… FEXL is possible, I mean, would be the least intrusive but also least attractive guest character of them all.

I’m pretty sure it won’t be Demitri :stuck_out_tongue: I mean, Talbain would be a better choice anyway.

Pretty sure it’s going to be a brand new character, just like Decapre (you know, she was technically a brand new character).

NPCs? Byron I don’t think so. Azam I don’t think so. Nadeshiko, I don’t think so. Dolls, f no I don’t think so.

Maybe Oni or something like that, or maybe the gorilla or the other Neo Shadaloo guy.

I want Garuda in SF5 just so he can take a huge shit on Necallk

1 Like

I agree on SF appearing in MK as something could work but not vice versa

Mechanical Zangief
Kage
Cyborg Monitor
Seth
Or Twelve

Thoughts before the similar subject

Absolutely zero chance SF characters getting into MK.

Not even Akuma, Vega or Bison, which are the most violent and evil IMO, Capcom wouldn’t allow them to appear in a game where they can be goreyly dismembered.

Robots? Nah, that would be a ridiculous copout.

Maybe Capcom could lend any other Capcom character, just not SF (or RS or Mega Man or DS). Like Nemesis or something.

2 Likes

FLEX and Tekken is up to the guest characters if were talking about possibility because of company relationships but in terms of personal preference I would go with FLEX characters if it is to choose between the two.

Thats the best they can get Mech Zangief had been a recurring alt for some time.

That’s why this guy is the best choice

He is reappears on Mahvel games most of the time along with tons of references

Tekken is certainly a chance… but we already had all the important Tekken characters in SFxT, and people weren’t fond of that game. Don’t think it would make a difference.

Hey, what if it’s Akira Yuki or censored Ayane (remember DOA is still one of the biggest fg franchises out there) or censored Mai Shiranui or something? XDD

Any chance of being other CAPCOM characters? Like, Gene or Jin Saotome?

Well I hate it. Because I don’t think Strider should take place in the SF universe.

I can accept Final Fight, Rival Schools and Slam Masters all taking place in the SF universe because they share a setting and themes, but Strider is about something else entirely taking place in a completely different time. There’s no reason to shoehorn it into SF. Lest next we have a little bearded man and his crazy haired college buddy deciding to build little boy robots together.

MK could appear in SF but would have to be severely gimped.

1 Like

No guests from other companies in SF, please.

3 Likes

If it’s a guest character that could easily fit in the Street Fighter style/universe, I’m so in.

Like SNK’s Goro Daimon or Kim Kaphwan, the Tekken characters or the Virtua Fighter characters.

If they’re not much fitting, well, I guess I can simply ignore them as non-canon guest appearances.
Like the Tekken or MK fandoms have been doing for years.

So in the furnace, which is where I’ll throw your body.

We cannot have Jin Saotome because of the timeline and It’s like Gene also might have rights issues.

The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread:

But I would prefer this more

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1328352879728615426

More EX alt

Not well done though

Bad idea. That isn’t even Blair’s classic and emblematic costume.

I miss classic bootylicious Blair.

Her hair should’ve been blue at least…

1 Like

Well, that wd can’t get glorious SFEX designs at this point was given

But not include her hair wich were one of main signature traits is go full retard, specially when you did it right in previous alts

1 Like