Metreon Tilt Thread (Formerly Official Portal One @ Metreon Thread)

I believe we’re looking at a dedicated cab for 3s but will get confirmation on that.

Yeah throw a SC3 tourny, i’ve hosted 10+ SC3 tournys at my house + arcades… so I am sure I can get intrest built in it + do brackets + run the tourny. If you can put it on free play during the tourny and have the buttons/stick in 100% working condition there would be no problems.

Yeah it would have to be on free play, and then I can get enough people to run a tourny + have them see that there is a good sc3 machine there… would attract alot of people to play when its not on free play. I can get the San Jose, Milipitas, and Sunnyvale players to come… plus the S.F. locals of course.

LOL is it just me or is everyone here who used to go to Portal One/Metreon forgot that they had a “no throwing rule”, a “nothing cheap rule”, a “no hitting me while I’m down or in the air” and a "“No big combos” rule?

Oh man that no throwing rule was the funniest one there still to date. Even at PS Store that one asian guy who works there…the fat/chubby one…who’s like claiming he’s one of the best in the city in Street Fighter or that white short guy who worked there thinking he was the best in CvS2…only if you don’t throw/do combos on them! :lol:

Yeah, those things would never attract anyone to the arcade.

Also, the controls/layout of the buttons and stuff were usually whack/bad setup. Most of the time they were broken, some buttons are like 1 mile away from each other (ie. Tekken 4 back in the day).

Besides all of the things that people already listed, also add in a new staff of people with a better mindset; instead of making their own rules to let them have it their way so they can better their odds of winning.

<- t4 metreon champ. :encore:

lol, that was just the playstation store though. And they banned you for that too, haha.

You can catch the bart to like a block away from the metreon. We usually go to concord and bart all the way there. If theres every a Virtua Fighter 4 tourney Ill come! Im rly trying to get into this series so comp is badass.

We should play VF4 sometime:tup:

Currently right now we’re looking at Saturday Sept. 30th to do tournies in multiple titles. i.e. MvC2, CvS2, SC3 are the big 3; possibly o.g. SF2: WW, VF4: Evo, and Puzzle Fighter depending on how many people are interested. I’ll post up more details when everything is finalized. Most likely looking at $5 reg fee and $5 for ea. tourney going to the pot for each. GAMES WILL BE ON FREE PLAY EA. TOURNEY.

In terms of the “rules”, playing is playing, just as long as you don’t break the controls. :tup:

VF4 tourney?! ill be there:party:

i may be down for VF4 too… my Goh is crusty and low tier but ill still play.

3S dedicated cab eh? Sounds great. Thanks for trying to do all these things for us.

I could help out on future 3S tournaments, if there are any. I’ve been doing them at SFSU for almost a year now.

$5 reg fee is basicly not free play… and if you’re going to have the tourny as soon as Sep 30th you should let us know quickly so we can advertise it.

It wasn’t just the PS Store, it was those workers at P1 also who would talk smack as well…if they lost, they’d ask to see your card so they have an excuse to kick you out if you’re “cheating the system” somehow…I remember one of my friends from SJ who got kicked out for “cheating the system” when he didn’t do anything but beat the workers at MvC2 and CvS1 back in the day…didn’t even show him any evidence or nothing.

Plus, if you’re going to run tournies, please check the controls and everything else…make the layout not like 1 mile apart or anything and etc…

And VF tourney…I’m down…

<- 3rd place @ Tekken 4 Metreon tourney :lovin:

$5 bucks is better than $10 or whatever ripoff rate they usually charge.

Concerning 3s: I’ve talked my bosses into investing in a unit now we just need to find one available. I will give an ETA as soon as we get it.

Tournament: It’s pretty much set now. It’ll be Saturday Oct. 7th for MvC2, SC3, CvS2 and VF4: Evo (since ppl have been posting about it). I will post a thread in the tourney/events sec. when I get into work. But details: $5 FLAT reg fee and $5 for each tourney entered (towards pot). Format: 2/3 double elimination. Again GAMES WILL BE ON FREE PLAY Any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Prices: We’ve talked, looked over everything, and the outcome…PRICES ARE DROPPING :amazed: in the very near future (probably sometime later this week). :tup:

In other news, we’re looking into changing the control layout on a couple of the fighters to better fit the standard. As always I will keep you all updated.

Sillie it’s not a problem for me to help you all, some of these things we do need to be aware of.

So to all keep up the constructive criticism.

And for those that want to help with tournies feel free to post or PM and we can talk.

Living in SF, I remember expecting how good the arcade would be when the Metreon was first being built. I was disappointed when it opened. Great place for films, though.

Now that Sony’s no longer in control, it looks like your changes will make this the best centrally located arcade in S.F. since North Beach’s Billiards Arcade closed (partly sketchy crowd, though):bluu:

It might be convenient to keep the cards. Just be sure fighters are .50 (.75 tops) & cards can be any amount and easily bought (machines?)

No longer a rip-off spot for unknowing tourists, you’ll at last have the respect & hard-earned $ of locals. :tup:

$0.75 is wayyy too crazy…even 0.50 is pushing it for some people (ie. poor college students)

how about poor high school students without jobs?

:sad: