Metreon Tilt Thread (Formerly Official Portal One @ Metreon Thread)

Yes, please do these things and I would be willing to go reguarly. Theres no way I’d ever pay over 50 cents for a game of cvs2. maybe if i was BAS or something(then i’d barely lose).

I used to play at the portal when I worked in SF and what everyone is saying is true. Personally I don’t think that me spending 20 bucks to play two/three (Travel fees included)people in MVC2 or CVS2 is worth my time. In my opinion the comp weak, fighting games are ackward (though the reverse controls were interesting to play on.),price is steep and only a turny with free play on would draw me out to that place.

even during the specials that shit is expensive. golfland specials cost less and give more time.

10 dollars for 2 hours. who the hell spends 10 dollars at the arcade in 2 hours?

thats exactly what i was thinking…delete

The biggest problem at portal one to me is the sticks. You can barely play MVC2 or CVS2 right because the sticks don’t even confirm a simple QCF like 40% of the time. Oh yea I was wondering if you could upgrade the wangan midnight machines and move them to portal 1 (if they have been the sorry) because that’s a popular racing game too.

dude, have you ever even been to Portal One? :rofl:

i think you better do what he says, or Marcel might charge partition this thread down.

haha, i kid i kid. but i’m glad that Goten is taking suggestions for their arcade. i mean, me and Ian (SMF), and a few others drop by Metreon quite often for a few movies every now and then. but the card system… that’s basically what drives us away from actually staying and playing any games at the arcade (i play one or two games of Initial D upstairs quite often, since it’s only 50 cents per play). i mean, paying over a dollar for a fighter is almost as bad as the arcades in Paris ($2.50 US per game of 3S…). but most of the times, we’re mainly at Metreon for the movie, then for downtown shopping. but yeah, i’ve heard that buying time cards are pretty awesome for the racing games (such as Initial D, Max Tune, etc.), but most of the time, we’re in there for a few minutes, then we’re out.

so maybe forming some sort of extra token/quarter system for the arcade wouldn’t be such a bad idea?

Spizy the Wangan machine I believe that you’re talking about is part of the movie theatres. Unfortunately we’re not affiliated w/ them and have no say in their machines.

I have been talking to one the other supervisor along with our tech about this thread and the issues that have been brought to our attention. They completely understand every bit of strife you guys have. We’re hoping that this thread along with the DDR Freak thread catches the attention of our upper management (they have been sent links and a formal email about all of this). In particular (first off) the issue of pricing. I, at least, am working on them to not only rework the pts for the fighters but across the board on all the games.

I’ll keep everyone updated.

thank god for that…I say just do away with the cards period. Stick to tokens. Its easier that way

i kid also

Just get a 3s machine and Im there.

Could you get your own wangan machines then :wgrin: ?

Keep SC3 in good working condition with a 50¢ to start/25¢ to continue fee anddd get Tekken 5:DR with card slot + controller ports with 50¢ to start/25¢ to continue and i’ll be there ! ! ! ! ! !

Ok. I’ll be using this handle now to post news and answer questions. This will also be a general handle for the rest of staff to kind of check out what you guys are saying instead of me having to always relay them messages.

Spizy and Bohnett: we’re looking into wangan, t5:dr, and max tune. (along w/ 3s)

In addition, any one interested in playing in a tournament for mvc2, cvs2, sf2: ww, sc3, puzzle fighter and/or virtua fighter 4: evo. If so I’ll try to put something together to do this. :tup:

Needs more GGXX Slash:lovin:

like sf state? I would’ve played more if I had people to play. I’m just learning the game, it would have been nice to have some more practice in it.

Slash got downgraded to XX @ SFSU.

Make sure the wangan machines are 2 not 1 and get ver B which is the newest update to it. Having 4 cabs would be great too for 4 way battles and you would be the only place to have them at SF as far as I know. Also make sure you have cards for T5DR and all your other games.

Game update: Super Puzzle Fighter II should be up tomorrow. Time Crisis 4 and the new Metal Slugs should be coming tomorrow or early next week.

Outlook on Wangan is not so good.

3S is within sight!!! :clap:

More updates to come.

What’s the word on prices and controls? If you guys can’t come up with better controls, it would be better to get an all new cabinet altogether for 3s. One of those Big screens would be ideal because it’s more roomy then those small cabinets and the joysticks would be on a nice level.

…:sad: