[May 25, 2012] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8 - Infinity [EVO 2012 TS] (Northbrook, IL)

I hope he entered the Mystery Tourney. Big names + Mystery Tourney = Hype^8.

You’re an evil man putting so many awesome games up for registration when you know I’ll be too busy busting ass helping Murph to actually play them. :stuck_out_tongue:

He didnt entery mystery game, but he may add it later. As for you, you are free to enter whatever you want. I’ll make the schedule work for you and Murph.

Is it possible to go to a Keits event and not enter Mystery Game?! I guess I will have to talk with Chris about that one.

I can’t wait to play PacBall.

UFGT8 is a Pit Stop event on the Road to Evo, meaning a large sum of bonuses to first place finishers in SSF4AE, UMvC3, SCV, and maybe SFxT.

Can you just directly deposit it into my bank account, please?

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/levelup-to-provide-live-stream-for-ufgt8/ Level|Up announced last night that they would be returning to Chicago to stream UFGT8!

I just ordered some of those cheap, Chinese POSs, so we’ll see how those go when I get them. If they suck, I’ll have to go the etokki route. I do have to agree with Sluch that PS3 pads (the actual d-pad, that is) are very different from PS1/2; however, I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum because I HATE the PS3 6axis garbo pads. I prefer using a converter and an old pad, assuming the converter is good. I cried the day my PS1 Dual Shock died. :frowning:

Head over to UFGT.US to book your hotel rooms under the group rate. Check the Travel and Hotel tab!

It looks like the $69 charge will go through. I will book this week.

All registered. This is got me hype! 4 months to prepare!
I missed registering for the Mystery game cause… well I clearly can’t read. Will I be stuck to late entry for that? Or will there be an add that on feature?
Other than that, just waiting for you to tell me how I can volunteer. Want this thing to run as smooth as I know it will be awesome.

I think you can add yourself to more tournaments as long as you make sure to use the same name that you did on the original purchase, unless there is some new process that differs from last year.

Edit: Nevermind any of this

NO. You cannot simply add yourself to more tournaments. You could not last year and you cannot this year. This has to be handled on a case-by-case basis by me personally. My automated system cannot do this and will treat you like a new player and charge you the venue fee again.

When my database can accept these changes, I’ll let you know and we can work it out.

So since I don’t have a paypal account, would I be able to register in advance online and pay at the door?

You DO NOT need a paypal account to register online. All major credit cards and debit cards are accepted. If you dont have one, it shouldn’t be hard to find someone who does (friend, parent, relative). You can pay them cash and have them use their card to sign you up.

You can register in cash at the door, but you will be paying significantly more money and will not be seeded by region. Please avoid this option.

Thanks. I just wasn’t sure if credit/debit was the only other option. One more quick question, which I guess would be more for anyone who’s helping organize the event: Any chance of a SFxT team tournament with the 2v2 tag mode? Perhaps as a side tournament? It might be a bit too early to inquire about that, since the game’s not even out yet, but still could be a pretty cool idea to consider.

I have a few questions and I’m not sure if this has been answered anywhere else. First, can a person who is entered to play in the tournament volunteer as well? Likewise, I know that last year Keits did some volunteer training before the tournament started. When would that tentatively be for UFGT8?

Also, is there going to be a spectator fee at UFGT8?

Thanks.

There’s no spectator fee. If you want to play casuals, you’ll have to buy an event badge they’ll have there, which is $10-15 apparently.

We can think more about that after the game is out and I have a clearer picture of UFGT8’s schedule.

Yes, people who enter can volunteer. Volunteer training will be Thursday night right after the pre-game show stream ends.

Spectating is free, but anyone playing a video game at the venue will need to buy a casuals badge, as stated by ShishiDante. Last year, these were $10. This year will probably be the same. Please note that players who buy the casual badge will not be entered into the door prize raffle.

A minor, but obvious update: Should the Xbox360/PS3 version of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core be out before UFGT, the side tournament will be run on one of those formats (likely 360), since it’s far easier to get access to the consoles and sticks for said consoles. If they are not out I will run the tourney on PS2’s as originally planned. With last nights announcement of GG returning with netplay, there’s no excuse not to come enter this thing people. If possible I’d like anyone who has already signed up for UFGT (remember you will need an event badge to participate) who is planning on enterting the Guilty Gear side tournament to send me a PM so I can start having a potential list ready to know how many players to expect.

Get Hype for the return of a classic!