[May 25, 2012] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8 - Infinity [EVO 2012 TS] (Northbrook, IL)

Sluch - I completely agree that the Xbox controller is shit. I wouldn’t expect anyone to play on it. However, I dont understand the difference between playing on a Sixaxis PS3 controller when compared to using a Dual Shock or PS1 pad. If there is something I’m missing there, my ears are definitely open. We are looking into providing options to those who need to play on PS pads and cant find a solution themselves. It is definitely a concern for me a director and one of the major reasons that making the switch to the (superior) Xbox 360 versions of these games has been a difficult decision.

Focus Fire can provide me PS3s or Xbox 360s. I personally feel that running an event that has both systems its just an annoyance to players who play multiple games. Especially stick players. Those without modded sticks now need to carry a stick for both systems if I go that route.

That said, if this is truly a sticking point for Tekken players who are actually registered for the event and confirmed showing up, I will do what is neccessary to make you happy. Unfortunately, I am going to keep to my commitment to run everything else (Soul Calibur V included) on 360. Tekken is the only game im willing to reconsider. I greatly appreciate the feedback and will be looking for more opinions on the topic, and I’ll continue trying to find ps2/3->360 solutions. This is an event for the people, so my greatest wish is that you can all leave having had a great weekend. We will do what needs to be done to accomplish this.

Shinji - The cab works great for EX3. Will you also be bringing ST? Do you have access to Vampire or 3S?

http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

bring a DS2 and play on that. i dunno what the difference is between ds2 and ds3 if any, but a lot of people i talked to like DS2 better anyway for fg

your 2nd option is to go with cheapass chinese ebay converters that 360 pad players also have to deal with.

although i agree that it is a little strange for tekken to be on 360 - most tournaments i’ve seen it on run it ps3 even if everything else is xbox

edit: your 3rd option is to drop $100 on the madcatz MLG xbox 360 pad which can be swapped to have a ps3 style d-pad on left side. it just recently released so i can’t guarantee anything though

http://www.amazon.com/Offically-Licensed-Circuit-Controller-Xbox-360/dp/B0063BCQ1Q

Thanks for the link to that converter, Felinoter.

between Kajoq and zen I doubt me bringing a 3rd ST board would really be needed. Especially after everyone wanted to play on zens cabs instead. but if you really need me to I will. Though I don’t have an appropriate VS board. I have it on an 18 in 1 cps2 board but its too glitchy for tournament play. As for 3s, I could ask my brother if I could borrow his.

Thanks Shinji!

Thanks Keits. I greatly appreciate hearing me out w/ the issue at hand w/ Tekken. :china:

If Tekken 6 is ran on X-Box & if there are good PS1 controllers w/ non-laggy converters there to play it on, it might be a good solution. However, my concern as a player is how good those controllers actually are. When I play either on my Sixaxis or Dual Shock PS3 controllers, I play & practice on those on a regular basis & I’ve worn them in to the point that the cross pad & the buttons feel right & feel great to play my best. I guess it all comes back to that issue of playing on what you’re accustomed to & are comfortable with.

I don’t know if it’s just me or not, but I’ve found it kind of funny that if I have to play on a controller that’s new or is not broken in yet, I find it really easy to do what I need to in order to play well on a PS3 controller as opposed to a PS1 or PS2 controllers. I actually just bought a PS3 Dual Shock not that long ago, & it was really easy for me to do everything I normally do as far as movement is concerned in Tekken (hence how I already broke that controller in). However, it is different w/ a PS1 & PS2 controllers. I used to play on both a PS1 & a PS2 controller w/ my Pelican Converter in Tekken & they worked great until they finally stopped being so responsive from all the years of gaming I’ve had w/ those controllers. I actually bought a new PS2 controller & used that w/ my Pelican to play Tekken, but the cross pad seemed so rigid from not being broken in that I could hardly move properly by doing things such as Back Dash Cancelling with it, whereas my new PS3 Dual Shock let me move properly & I was able to Back Dash Cancel on it the first time I tried it out.

That being said from my example above, that’s primarily the thing that concerns me about those PS1 controllers that would be on hand is how broken in & responsive will they be when it comes tournament time? I’d of course couldn’t really judge how good the controller(s) would be until I got some practice & play time in with them.

I completely understand that the X-Box would be the mainstay for all the games there at UFGT & it makes perfect sense since most tournament games nowadays do have the X-Box as the tourney standard for the platform to play most or I should rather say all of these games on. If there’s gonna be no PS3’s there from Focus Fire & if all the Tekken players that are there would not be comfortable with using PS1 pads with converters on the X-Box, I will more than likely bring my PS3 w/ me as well as a copy of Tekken 6 just in case. I wouldn’t mind doing that in the least bit. Plus I got AV component cables & an HDMI cable so I can hook my PS3 up to either a CRT or an Asus Monitor, so there would be no problems there in the least bit either.

That wont be necessary. If we decide to break form and do only Tekken 6 on PS3s, I will have Focus Fire bring the games and equipment. For now, my ears are open on the subject.

Awesome! Thanks once again Keits. :tup:

I know there aren’t many Guilty Gear heads that hang out at SRK these days, but I wanted to post up and let everyone know that Keits has graciously given me permission to get a GGXX:AC side tournament going at UFGT8. Here is the lowdown for entry and rules (it’s the standard stuff you would expect)

PS2 version: Usual tournament rules apply
No Ex, Gold, Console Only Characters.
2 out of 3 rounds.
Double Elim
10$ entry (However you must be registered for UFGT8 and have a tournament badge to participate).

I will have at least a couple setups, but anyone who can provide extra’s would be much appreciated. I can’t knock anything off the venue fee if you bring one since it is a side tournament, but I will gladly buy you a beer at the bar if you help make this run smoother.

I am not certain yet what time the tournament will be run, but right now it would appear early Sunday morning is the most likely time. If that time is going to make it more difficult for people to show up, I need you to pipe up now so I can try to work with Keits to see if we can fit it in a different time slot.

If you are an old GG midwest head, or you’ve been looking for a chance to check out the game at a big major then this will be your chance. I really encourage people to check this out, it’s always fun to see the game run at Frosty Faustings, but one midwest GG major a year just isn’t enough, so I’d love to see a solid turnout for this. If you are hitting up UFGT8 and are interested in entering, please post up your name here so I can get a headcount and have a better idea of the space and time we will need to pull this off. Thanks and I hope to see you all at UFGT. Also once I have more concrete details on the time slot I will let you all know. Feel free to post any questions you have in here or shoot me a PM

count me in for guilty gear!

Much appreciated on the website update Keits, thank you good sir.

Registration is live

When will the schedule be up?

It is impossible to accurately schedule an event until registration numbers are in volumes high enough to estimate turnout. The schedule will be available a few weeks before the event.

For now, all tournaments start at noon on Friday. Like last year, if I am able to condense the schedule based on registration, I will do so.

this sounds like fun times!

mr. Keits, i just started a conversation with you… privately :blush:

Would you like some Super with your Balrog Ball?

the best

This thread needs bumped sir. Bumpity bump bump.

I’m settled in Chicago, and Chris G registered while I was moving! He entered a lot of games, so pretty much no matter what you play, be on the lookout for this killer.