[May 25, 2012] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8 - Infinity [EVO 2012 TS] (Northbrook, IL)

I guess I will go to this poverty tourney.

Just kidding would have perfered 20 but your events are great and whatever you think is best for your event is fine by me.

Nice, wasn’t looking close enough. I gotta say, $20 would’ve made me have to pick and choose which to enter based on my confidence, which would mean just entering mystery, but I can have $10 worth of fun going 0-2 in everything.

Its only as ‘poverty’ as you, the players, make it. You determine the pot bonus with your entries, just like last year, though the system is being revised a little bit. I can assure you that the big games will be anything but poverty.

Ravener - I think a lot of people, myself included, feel that way. And I dont need 20 dollar entry to get the payout to look nice, because I put a lot of the venue money into the scaling bonus.

Holy BALLS that’s a lot of games. o_O

#fuckps3

Hey guys, I’m going to be blogging for UFGT8 on a weekly, sometimes even more, basis. I just did an interview with Chindogg to kick it off, so if you’d like, check it out here:

www.ufgt.us

ufgt.us website has the new logo in the header. hope you like it!

Logo updated based on feedback. News coming soon!

Cant wait to make this my first major. Only thing for me is figuring out just how to get there since I live in Iowa and have a few choices but im trying to find the cheapest one lol

Maybe hitch a ride with other players coming over from Iowa?

yeah just post in the Iowa forum i would give a ride but i believe my car will be full and plus i live around the Iowa city area so there’s that trip for you, but other then that I’ll post if someone backs out of trip. I’m pretty sure a whole bunch of people from the Iowa scene will going (hopefully all of us but I don’t speak for the community).

[media=youtube]FGOuso9iYQ0[/media]

T6 on XBOX? I hope that’s a typo. Turnout was bad enough last year, I don’t wanna see it drop even more, lol.

Everything on Xbox this year. Not a typo. We are looking into providing a solution for PS3 gamepad users. To those that use stick, this should be a non issue. Unless there is something terribly wrong with the Xbox version of Tekken 6 that I am unaware of. If there is, please let me know.

There isn’t. It’s just that more Tekken players use pad than any other gaming group out there, and by “pad” I mean “PS pad”. On the plus side, most of the time they use PS1 or PS2 pads, so they’re only a 20-25 dollar converter away.

Good to know. Focus Fire is trying to get a bunch of these on hand to loan out during the event, but buying your own is always a smart move.

Yeah, that was the only reason I mentioned it. IIRC, last year, of the 15 or so people who entered, I think about 10 were PS pad players. Personally, I’m going to have to hunt down a good converter anyway b/c I think a lot of SC events are going to be XBOX, but I wouldn’t want to see UFGT lose out on Tekken entries.

I’ll be there since I’ll be close to finishing school.

Damn! This is some terrible news indeed for me since I play on a Sixasis PS3 controller when I play Tekken. Tourney standard for Tekken 6 is to play the game on PS3 & that’s usually how it is…especially at majors.

I understand that everything is being played on X-Box due to the deal that UFGT has w/ Focus Fire since Focus Fire is providing the setups for everything to play. There is also the fact that Tekken 6 on X-Box does run smoother than Tekken 6 on the PS3 (no wonky slow-down times when you go into Rage Mode on X-Box while the PS3 version will do that from time to time).

However, it doesn’t mend the issue for Tekken players that do use Sixasis or DualShock PS3 controllers since we’re kind of screwed in terms of using those controllers on X-Box due to no quality converters or anything of that sort for the PS3 controllers to the X-Box system. If you use arcade stick or PS1/PS2 controllers, then you are alright since most arcade sticks are dual-modded nowadays & I’m pretty sure there’s good converters out there for PS1/PS2 controllers to hook-up to the X-Box system that have virtually no lag to them, but w/ PS3 controllers, I’m fairly certain that this is not the case (at least I haven’t heard of any good converters or component hook-ups that work or work well for PS3 controllers to the X-Box system & are more than likely converters or component hook-ups that are not easy to come by).

I guess there is always the route of players who use PS3 controllers to be able to use the X-Box controllers. However…let’s be honest…most players in the Tekken community would concur w/ me on this that the X-Box controller comes nowhere close to comparison to the PS3 controller in terms playability for Tekken 6 because you get nowhere near the precision you want/get on the X-Box controller as opposed to a PS3 controller. I’ve personally tried the X-Box controller & I can’t move worth a damn on that like I can on a PS3 controller. If you can’t move properly in Tekken…especially at high level play, you’re in a world of trouble. Movement is everything in Tekken & w/ how the cross-pad is stuck in a circle on the X-Box controller, it doesn’t let you get that precise movement that you would get on the cross-pad you would get on a PlayStation controller.

With all of this in mind, I do think that having Tekken 6 ran on a PS3 as opposed to the X-Box would be better overall since there would be no issues w/ the controllers whatsoever since most Tekken players are already able to use the arcade sticks or controllers that they use when it comes to tournament time, or more importantly, what Tekken players use to play the game on a regular basis. Besides, most majors have PS3 as a standard for the platform that Tekken 6 is supposed to be played on (Final Round, NEC, MLG, & Evo just to name a few), so why would that change now?

I’m not trying to sound like some Tekken-snob or anything of that sort here, but I just want to make sure that the game is being played on what it is normally played on. If it happens that the tournament is on X-Box, it would deter a lot of players (including myself) that travel to play this game to go to UFGT & play Tekken 6 due to the hassle of not being able to play on what they are accustomed to & or to the unfamiliarity of playing on something that they are not comfortable with in the least bit. I want the Tekken 6 tournament at UFGT to be a success & to be able to be given the chance to have as many good players come out to this as possible. I just don’t want to see people not going to this due to the reasons I mentioned here. I’m really hyped about going to UFGT this year since I wasn’t able to go last year due to work obligations, so I want to make sure that the game I love to play the most gets treated right & is setup the best way possible. If you can strongly reconsider having T6 tourney ran on PS3 as opposed to X-Box for UFGT here Keits, it’d be greatly appreciated my good sir. :china:

Keits we could run the EX3 on the cab. I should have all the recording fixed.

Also in the middle of acquiring a Project Justice naomi board, could probably toss that in as well.