[May 25, 2012] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8 - Infinity [EVO 2012 TS] (Northbrook, IL)

Good for them. Nothing says you support a game and its community by not driving 15 minutes to a major in your own back yard because you haven’t used the last 6 years to scrape together the ability to play on both major systems and would rather sit at home and rant about it.

FINAL pool assignments are now up, as of earlier today: http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/schedule/. Please note that some things have changed since the initial assignments, but they seem to be mostly the same.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Ravener, we’ll go with your idea… We can drop the price to $5 on rental for 2 hours w/ a 30 min grace period. If somebody is getting toward the end of their pool and needs keep the converter over the allowed time limit that will be OK as long as it is w/in a reasonable time period. That way we can rent out more converters to players as we will only have 6-8 available.

These are the best/most expensive converters on the market when it comes to using a PS3 wireless controller on the Xbox 360. If anybody feels uncomfortable renting one or thinks we are “ripping people off” you can pick one up online for around $90-$100. An official wired Xbox 360 controller also comes w/ the rental (it is needed in order to get the converter to work), so the overall price here is $120+ for the setup. Please note, these converters DO NOT WORK for PS3 fightsticks or any “aftermarket” PS3 controller, only official PS3 wireless controllers. The wireless controller must be plugged into the converter with the charging cable, which we will provide as well.

Important: BRING YOUR WIRELESS PS3 CONTROLLER as it will not be included with the converter rental. Again things that are included, 1x converter, 1x Xbox 360 wired controller, 1x PS3 cont. charge cable

Here is a video that everybody should watch on these items:
[LEFT][media=youtube]lqP36HP5wkU[/media][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
Since the value on the rental items is so high, we need to bump up the deposit, which will be $80 + a driver’s license (fully refundable).

These converters only allow you to use official PS3 wireless controllers on the Xbox 360. So for the PS3 pad players, this is what they would need.

Players that want to use a PS3 fight stick at this event should definitely get it dual modded as these converters will not work for them.

Here is a video that everybody should watch on theses item:
[media=youtube]wvDUx-RWJxw[/media]

lol nice find Zen

Side note: Zenblaster and Shinjigohan are my heroes for bringing their cabinets again.

Your argument goes both ways. I play on XBOX at home and at most every tournament in the area…WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO BUY A PS3 STICK FUCK THIS SHIT.

see what I mean?

complaining about systems is totally 2010

Anybody coming from the airport on Friday around 11am and want to share a cab with me? It’s only $29 for certain shuttles but I’d like to split it if I can.

Anyone opening casuals today at the hotel?

Just a head’s up, I’ll be selling Link JLF’s for just $25 this weekend, I’ll even install them for you if you want. T-shirts for just $5 or free with purchase of 2 or more Links (this counts if you and a buddy buy one each at the same time), be a part of Team PM this weekend!

I’ll also be selling a couple of more things that won’t be announced until some time Friday, but rest assured it’s going to blow your mind.

Going to be busier than hell on Friday, but this weekend is going to be nuts, I can’t wait.

Hey all, just FYI: if you’re looking for an afterhours hookup/stream on saturday night after the end of the tournament day, please come see the Second City Stream that we at STL Bar Warz are hosting in the hotel. Frankie G will be helping us set this up and run it and we also have GNG Zeus already confirmed to get in for some MM’s. We’ll be sure to update here with more information. Also be sure to check facebook.com/stlbarwarz or twitter.com/stlbarwarz for player confirmations! This is our first time at UFGT and we can’t wait to be there!

Looking forward to meet all of you at some point,
MMC Baztastic, STL BarWarz

Just got in from Seattle. If anybody’s having a session I’d be super down to get some practice in before tomorrow. Otherwise I’m sure I’ll see you guys downstairs later for a drink.

DIVEKICK!!!

430 people here for the tournament and I’m the only one down here trying to get a drink? Ludicrous.

They’re too busy watching Floe get salty @ UDavid

No tournys are xbox besides this one.I figured a Road to evo stop should usually have the same consoles as evo… Thanks for your input tho champ. Ill deal with it tho.

CEO runs on 360. MWC runs at least half its games on 360. Lots of locals run on 360, including the two most popular weeklies (Big2 and WNF/TRB).

It’s 2012. If you do not have a solution for both HD consoles at this point, you are not a serious player.

Having a great time already, glad I decided to make it this year. Anytime anyone is doing any 3rd Strike casuals, get a hold of me ASAP. We’re da bess!

Did the games with pot bonuses get their pot bonuses? (in particular SCV)

Good thing I didn’t go this year. I’m stuck in bed with a fever and a sore throat, and I doubt even Divekick would have healed my illness. :stuck_out_tongue: Feel like garbage. Good luck to everyone from Iowa.