[May 25, 2012] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8 - Infinity [EVO 2012 TS] (Northbrook, IL)

Mystery tournies are about more than obscure fighters, that’s why they’re called mystery tournies.

I just watched the mistery game from last year and loved the pong game and super mario competitive feeling! Also the hype from street fighter was epic!!

They left golden eye out of that video, which was in the top 8. Funkdoc was godlike at it (no he wasnt (famous quote: HOW DO YOU DIE WITH THE GOLDEN GUN?!))

Anyone still looking to share a hotel room?

I’m gunna get paid. No doubt.

I just booked two rooms at the hotel and am working on putting packages together today for the trip. Just got back from Civil War 4, thats why this is a little late, but we will have room if you want to put in on the hotel. Please PM me if you still need a room.

Looks like Tubo and I are getting paid.

so, how’s the KoFXIII tournament looking so far? Romance and I will be there from Socal, and we hope to meet as many kof players as possible!

oh I just saw this post hahah totally awesome. I’m no beast, but Romance sure is lol I’m sure we’ll get tons of games in dude, but we’re not bringing any setups from LA, so I hope some of you local players can host in your rooms!

I am so awful on KOF. I can sign up, but I can’t even hit standard combos. Shit sucks man. People from Omaha should be signing up. Also some kids from Des Moines take that game seriously. There’s a guy named TopHat who gets top 3 at Omaha tourneys and Jamarr from Omaha gets first or second in most Omaha tourneys.

I think BALA and The Answer are trying to make the trip out. The KoF turnout so far is very good, though. You won’t be disappointed at all.

Unfortunately Klaige may be the only Des Moines guy going in hard for KoF. TopHat is having some issues making the trip and I’m going to be too busy running Mystery to play.

What about Blank Mauser? I think he plays it hard as well.

I dunno about Blank going in hard I haven’t had the chance to play with him for a while. I’m pretty sure he’s going, though.

Schedule is up!

I will be there and getting in as much KoF as i can that weekend, looking forward to meeting a bunch of new players.

Onto business news for me: Since Keits has pumped out the schedule so quickly I can finalize the potential schedule for the GGXX:AC side tournament at UFGT8. The tournament will start at 9pm Saturday night in the BYOC area. This will be late into the semi-finals pools for the main games so hopefully most everyone should be free at this point. I will have 1 full setup myself, but anyone who can provide an extra will be incredibly helpful to making this work. I am going to start taking signups around 7:30 to give everyone ample time to find me and get registered. This has to start at 9, because we will only have 3-4 hours to get everything done. (if we must i’ll finish the tourney in my hotel room).

Let me go over all the critical info one more time so everything is crystal clear.

• Sign ups will start at 7:30, entry fee is $10, you MUST have a UFGT8 badge to participate.
  • Tournament will begin at 9pm SHARP. PS2, double elim, no gold/shadow/kliff/justice, winner keeps char, loser may switch. (You know this shindig by now).
  • If ANYONE participating is still in an official pool I am forbidden from calling them to a match. The odds of this should be low by late saturday, but be prepared that you may have to wait on a match if your opponent is still in an official game.
  • If you aren’t in an official pool, have your ass ready to play. Once I call a match i’m going to give you 3 minutes to check with me and be ready. I will drop DQ’s on people, not because I wan’t to be a hardass, but because we will be under a strong time constraint. If you are entering this thing, please stay close and be ready to play your matches.

That should cover the critical info. I hope to see a lot of you there. PM me with any questions you have, and again if you can provide a setup you have my infinite gratitiude and i’ll owe you a drink at the bar.

Thanks guys.

Any clue how many people will be getting out of pools?

No marvel teams tourney? :frowning:

16 man pools. Two get out, one in winners and one in losers.

Not run by me. Feel free to run one.

I’ll definitely be playing KOF a lot over the weekend. I got to play Bala a little bit in Ohio, I am excited to play even more.